Windows 10: Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263.

Discus and support Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have brand new laptop HP Elitebook 745 g6 notebook PC which came with Windows 10. WLAN Driver: IntelR Wireless-AC 9260 As we know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by N Vivek Raj, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263.

Hi Everyone,

I have brand new laptop HP Elitebook 745 g6 notebook PC which came with Windows 10.

WLAN Driver: IntelR Wireless-AC 9260

As we know windows updates are automatic my system seems to installed KB4583263. The update history shows date:

Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263. 754f308d-64c1-488d-8d45-23c3072003ab?upload=true.png

The issue I noticed today after system restart 24-12-2020 There has been driver updates also:

Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263. e4b73474-80fa-4f37-9eba-df5f7488d3ba?upload=true.png

After these update wifi driver has disappeared from "Network connections" like it was uninstalled.

Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263. 2f52c4b7-18a1-4103-b4dd-c8e4bae13e60?upload=true.png

The device manager is showing "IntelR Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz" in hidden device list. One of reason the driver is in hidden list is "When device is physically removed"

Viewing hidden devices - Windows drivers Microsoft Docs

This is second time the issue has re-occurred after complete fresh re imaging of system. Again when PC has installed these update the wifi icon and driver has disappeared. I have tried installing third party wifi managers but there are not able detect the drivers or device itself.

This is causing great level of discomfort I have connect with cable for internet all the times. So kindly help me on this any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

N Vivek Raj

:)

N Vivek Raj, Dec 24, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Windows Update does it again: Disappearing Desktop Icons

Couple of things:

Disappearing icons during normal use is not something that Windows tends to do, so there's a problem somewhere on your system.

Leaving Windows Update for so long is asking for problems. Set the updater to download critical updates, but install only when you say so. This way, Windows will be kept up to date and the updates will be a lot smaller, reducing the chance of something going wrong.

So, what's infrarecorder?

qubit, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Windows Update does it again: Disappearing Desktop Icons

Hello

After I updated a ton of security updates with care to only update the certain critical ones no anything else.

The hardcoded icons have disappeared during reboot, those icons that you drag out of start menu and it automatically creates it, and the network icon that you right-click in the start menu and select "show on desktop"

But there was also a freeze during the update process, when rebooted it re-do the stuff that it does at boot so i think it was fine , but the icon thing happend, it always has to be something.

I so hate the windows update, I haven't updated for half a year and now i did a manual careful update and I think i will never do it again for win7 EVER on this PC.

Icons keep disappearing after a certain period of days while several sessions passed. Let's say every 5 days or a week, 3 times now. I want to have my system stuff out like Control panel, add remove programs, all the sys stuff.

EDIT: Exact icons are "network" "sound" and "programs and features"

Found something it can be certain settings for icon cleanup

http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/ada5d392-2af7-43c3-9191-08baf63f0098/

Stupid updates messing with my settings*Mad Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263. :mad:

RuskiSnajper, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263.

No WIFI icon in windows 10

So today when playing games, I noticed that the WIFI icon showed me that I am not connected to the internet, but I was still able to browse the internet. I used task manager to restart Explorer, and the WIFI icon disappeared completely. I tried disabling then enabling the driver, but nothing happened. What do I do to fix this problem? If I press the Network Icon in the action centre, it shows the network window, but it doesn't list the wifi networks.

TheStrangeTeste, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263.

1. Wifi icon and driver disappears after windows update KB4583263. - Similar Threads - Wifi icon driver

2. Wifi icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi icon disappeared: Hi, I did everything found here https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-wi-fi-icon-missing-in-windows-11, and since I deleted the driver, I am not sure anymore what is the precise device's name. I have an Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU-HN174TS. Please help me, Ho...
  3. Wifi icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi icon disappeared: Hi, I did everything found here https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-wi-fi-icon-missing-in-windows-11, and since I deleted the driver, I am not sure anymore what is the precise device's name. I have an Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU-HN174TS. Please help me, Ho...
  4. Wifi icon and bluetooth disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi icon and bluetooth disappeared: Yesterday I simply restarted my laptop because Bluetooth wasn't working properly. But apart from that everything worked fine. No updates, just a normal restart.After, I noticed the wifi wasn't picking up any network. I tried everything. Checked the drivers for updates,...
  5. WIFI ICON DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI ICON DISAPPEARED: My wifi icon has disappeared from the network and internet settings on my laptop. It is also not picking up on any available networks around. I have windows 10 on a LENOVO YOGA laptop. I do not have access to wifi.HELP!!!...
  6. WIFI ICON DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI ICON DISAPPEARED: My wifi icon has disappeared from the network and internet settings on my laptop. It is also not picking up on any available networks around. I have windows 10 on a LENOVO YOGA laptop. I do not have access to wifi.HELP!!!...
  7. WIFI ICON DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Repeated KB4583263 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repeated KB4583263 install: I have a HP 450G6 that continually finds KB4583263 and installs it successfully. Every time it does this, the install date is updated. I have tried the update troubleshooter to no avail. I cannot uninstall the update so far as windows won't permit it. The 450 has all the...
  9. KB4583263 Update for Battery Health Manager on HP Windows 10 notebooks

in Windows 10 News
    KB4583263 Update for Battery Health Manager on HP Windows 10 notebooks: Update to address configuration setting issue within HP Battery Health Manager on select HP business notebooks Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809 all editions, Windows 10 version 1903 all editions, Windows 10 version 1909 all editions, Windows 10 version 2004 all editions...
  10. WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI disconnecting/disappearing after Windows update: Hello, I have an interesting problem that I need help solving. The short of it is that at random times my home WIFI disappears. Like, if you look at the available other networks, it is not there. It would appear again after a few seconds to a few minutes. This happens a few...
Tags: