Windows 10: WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works

Discus and support WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I connect to my wifi, the wifi symbol on the right side of the taskbar is greyed out. And even though the internet works temporarily, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EliLd, Nov 29, 2021.

1. EliLd Win User

WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works

Whenever I connect to my wifi, the wifi symbol on the right side of the taskbar is greyed out. And even though the internet works temporarily, my computer frequently drops the connection. I have tried diagnosing the problem and nothing comes up. Whenever I go back to the networks list, my wifi networks shows and so does the box checked connect automatically but it never reconnects after it drops.

:)

EliLd, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Wifi icon says "no internet access" but the internet still works

Hi,

The issue might be caused by the network driver or its connectivity. We suggest you to run Network troubleshooter. Right-click
    WiFi icon and choose Troubleshoot problems. Follow the steps that will pop up on the screen. This will help you automatically resolve the concern on the status of internet connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Missing WiFi icon and greyed out

Thank you for letting us know.

Let's perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter from the Settings app.

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, choose WiFi, and then run the troubleshooter.

WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works d92924a3-6218-4834-9e6d-7a2d899c9b81.png
    Method 2: Disable Airplane mode.

Check WiFi related settings. Airplane mode will stop all wireless communication to your device. Make sure that Airplane mode is disabled to avoid conflict, and then enable WiFi.

• Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Airplane mode.
    • Disable Airplane mode and turn on WiFi.
    Method 3: Restart Windows Explorer.

• Right-click on the empty space of the taskbar, and then select Task Manager.
    • Right-click Windows Explorer, and then choose Restart. WiFi icons should appear after restarting Windows Explorer.

WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works 9c824841-82d7-44e3-9c22-a21fae32f9f9.png
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you create a new user profile. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user account. For instructions, refer to this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 29, 2021
  4. WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works

wifi icon missing on windows 10.

I tried all the suggestions listed beforehand and my wifi icon has gone from the notifications area as well as the list in the settings for the task bar and notification area. does anyone know how to get it back? none of the suggestions so far have worked.

querywebmail, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works

1. WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works - Similar Threads - WiFi icon greyed

2. Battery icon is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon is greyed out: I want to see my battery icon to keep on trackm but after some time it will go out and if I check the settings it is greyed out. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-greyed-out/9481ac50-05a4-4cdf-9e5e-430d2967ed75
  3. Battery icon is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery icon is greyed out: I want to see my battery icon to keep on trackm but after some time it will go out and if I check the settings it is greyed out. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-greyed-out/9481ac50-05a4-4cdf-9e5e-430d2967ed75
  4. greyed out batter icon

greyed out batter icon: My battery icon always disappear on my task bar. I checked on the settings to turn it on but it is already on. However the icon is missing and greyed out what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-batter-icon/2f1d00e7-7af8-49a6-ae39-3f9533a30f61
  5. greyed out batter icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    greyed out batter icon: My battery icon always disappear on my task bar. I checked on the settings to turn it on but it is already on. However the icon is missing and greyed out what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-batter-icon/2f1d00e7-7af8-49a6-ae39-3f9533a30f61
  6. battery icon greyed out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery icon greyed out!: I want the battery icon active in my task bar but it always disappear once in a while and comeback. I tried checking settings to make sure it is on, but it is already on. Everytime it went missing, and I check the settings, it will no longer available and greyed out. How to...
  7. battery icon greyed out!

battery icon greyed out!: I want the battery icon active in my task bar but it always disappear once in a while and comeback. I tried checking settings to make sure it is on, but it is already on. Everytime it went missing, and I check the settings, it will no longer available and greyed out. How to...
  8. battery icon greyed out!

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works

WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works: Whenever I connect to my wifi, the wifi symbol on the right side of the taskbar is greyed out. And even though the internet works temporarily, my computer frequently drops the connection. I have tried diagnosing the problem and nothing comes up. Whenever I go back to the...
  10. WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi icon greyed out, but my internet works: Whenever I connect to my wifi, the wifi symbol on the right side of the taskbar is greyed out. And even though the internet works temporarily, my computer frequently drops the connection. I have tried diagnosing the problem and nothing comes up. Whenever I go back to the...