Windows 10: Wifi icon in taskbar missing + can't open network settings

Discus and support Wifi icon in taskbar missing + can't open network settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, Having a few troubles here. Firstly, I noticed that my wifi icon in the taskbar was missing. Then, I couldn't even open settings. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Carpe_Diem9, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Wifi icon in taskbar missing + can't open network settings

Hi guys,

Having a few troubles here.

Firstly, I noticed that my wifi icon in the taskbar was missing.

Then, I couldn't even open settings. I would click on it and nothing would happen.

After a few restarts, I can open settings, but it crashes every time I click on Network & Internet.

Laptop is a Dell Inspiron if that's any help.

Do you guys have any suggestions at all?

Would really appreciate it!

submitted by /u/Carpe_Diem9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Carpe_Diem9, Dec 14, 2020

2. wifi network list and taskbar wifi icon is missing after windows10 update

after windows10 KB4486561 update my wifi icon and wifi list disappeared. My wifi is working very well though. I tried all suggested solution here:

Fix: Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10

and here

Windows could not start Error 1068: The dependency or group failed to start the WLAN Auto Config serviceon the local computer.

but none of them worked for me. Also I tried to start "network list" service but it popped up error message and it didn't work either. How can I solve this problem?

here is my icon list from settings :

..and here is my taskbar

Erdem Caner, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Network icon missing from taskbar

Hi Wailana,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Did you recently make any changes on the computer?

Which edition(Home or Pro) of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

This can be caused by several reasons. The network icon could be missing from the task bar, the network services might not be running or the issue could be with Windows explorer.

Let’s see if we can get the network icon back on taskbar by following the methods given below.

Method 1: Enable Network icon from settings.

• Right click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    • Under Notification area click on
      Select which icons appear on taskbar
    • Toggle the switch to on for Network icon to make it appear on taskbar.
    • Go back and click on Turn system icons on or off. Toggle the switch for Network icon to turn it on if it is off.

Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer

• Right click on taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Under Process tab, look for Explorer process.
    • Right click on Explorer process and select
      Restart option to restart the process.
    • Exit Task Manager and see if the network icon appears in the taskbar.

Hope it helps.

Please feel free to contact back in case you need any further assistance and let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Wifi icon in taskbar missing + can't open network settings

Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Wifi icon in taskbar missing + can't open network settings

1. Wifi icon in taskbar missing + can't open network settings - Similar Threads - Wifi icon taskbar

2. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  3. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  4. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  6. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  7. Wifi icon missing from the taskbar and settings

Wifi icon missing from the taskbar and settings: This morning when I turned on my laptop, I realized not only I'm not connected to WiFi, but its icon is missing from my taskbar altogether.I thought my wife connection has been disabled but when I went to "control panel\network and internet\network connections" I saw no wifi...
  8. Wifi icon missing on Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi icon missing on Network & Internet settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/qubeKs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqjgep/wifi_icon_missing_on_network_internet_settings/
  9. *WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*

*WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*: So My First Problem Is That Theres No Wifi Icon In Taskbar but if i check the the system icons settings, the network is already on. The second is if i click the network icon is notification panel thing idk it only shows me the network & internet option and airplane mode...
  10. Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.

Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.: everything was working fine earlier today. I was playing GTA V online so I was definitely connected. when I exited the game, the network icon on the taskbar was gone. if I open the Notification Center and click network from there no available networks show up. in my settings,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open networks from the taskbar