Windows 10: WiFi icon missing from "Network & Internet"

Discus and support WiFi icon missing from "Network & Internet" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My MSI Laptop is now missing the WiFi icon within "Network & Internet", using Windows10. I've tried the following: * Reinstalling drivers (this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scott_CM, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Scott_CM Win User

WiFi icon missing from "Network & Internet"

Hi,

My MSI Laptop is now missing the WiFi icon within "Network & Internet", using Windows10. I've tried the following:

* Reinstalling drivers (this has previously resolved the problem), including restarting laptop

* Disabling and uninstalling via device manager, including restarting laptop

I can only get Internet connection via ethernet cable. There have been no windows updates and according to windows (and separate searches), the Wireless device is up to date. Device Manager says that the Killer Wireless device is "working properly."

My phone and secondary laptop can connect to the router without issue, which means that the issue is with the laptop.

Wireless Device: Killer E2400 gigabit Ethernet Controller (v9.0.0.48)

Thanks.

:)

Scott_CM, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Wifi icon says "no internet access" but the internet still works

Hi,

The issue might be caused by the network driver or its connectivity. We suggest you to run Network troubleshooter. Right-click
    WiFi icon and choose Troubleshoot problems. Follow the steps that will pop up on the screen. This will help you automatically resolve the concern on the status of internet connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Nov 6, 2018
  3. No WIFI icon in windows 10

So today when playing games, I noticed that the WIFI icon showed me that I am not connected to the internet, but I was still able to browse the internet. I used task manager to restart Explorer, and the WIFI icon disappeared completely. I tried disabling then enabling the driver, but nothing happened. What do I do to fix this problem? If I press the Network Icon in the action centre, it shows the network window, but it doesn't list the wifi networks.

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 6, 2018
  4. JohnuYI Win User

[SOLVED] Missing network protocol windows 10

1. I get error 68309 when I run Microsoft troubleshooter. I downloaded it from internet.

2. "One or more network protocols are missing from this computer" error appears when I use Microsoft diagnostoc tool after my wifi connection drops. (Yellow triangle appears on my wifi icon)

3. I have already listed steps I have tried. Those are listed in original post.

Also tried everything from that link you gave me.

JohnuYI, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi icon missing from "Network & Internet" - Similar Threads - WiFi icon missing

2. The WiFi/network connections icon is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The WiFi/network connections icon is missing: My laptop is not connected to the Internet and there is no network connections icon on my taskbar. I cannot open settings, open the start menu, cannot access taskbar settings. I can right click on the start menu button and see tab options but only a few actually open. I’ve...
  3. Wifi missing in network and internet settings on Windows 10

Wifi missing in network and internet settings on Windows 10: Hi support, I hope you are well. I am unable to access wifi because wifi is missing in my network and internet settings. I've tried to download the drivers that seem to be missing but the Installshield Wizard never comes up to complete the install process. Can you please...
  4. Wifi icon missing on Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi icon missing on Network & Internet settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/qubeKs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqjgep/wifi_icon_missing_on_network_internet_settings/
  5. Internet icon missing

Internet icon missing: [ATTACH]the internet icon is missing and i tried going to notification and icon settings and it shows it enabled there but i can't edit it anymore i can't turn it off or on also i can't access to internet settings when i do it stucks like this my [ATTACH]internet is working...
  6. Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar: Hi. I'm using a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and recently experiencing this issue. I checked dozens of online posts and solutions but none of them worked. Here is how it started: my laptop had been working perfectly until like 2 weeks ago. It suddenly lost the wifi icon from...
  7. *WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*

*WIFI NETWORKS NOT SHOWING! WIFI ICON MISSING! WIFI SETTINGS IN NETWORK & INTERNET IS MISSING!*: So My First Problem Is That Theres No Wifi Icon In Taskbar but if i check the the system icons settings, the network is already on. The second is if i click the network icon is notification panel thing idk it only shows me the network & internet option and airplane mode...
  8. wifi missing in NETWORK & INTERNET

wifi missing in NETWORK & INTERNET: Hi, for the last few weeks I have not been able to get onto the internet, unless I keep turning on & off my laptop & then if I'm lucky for a short while I can get onto the net. before the laptop just permanently freezes When I am off line. I look in network & internet, the...
  9. Network icon missing from taskbar

Network icon missing from taskbar: there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What is the way, or icon that makes connection? ***Title modified from: I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a...
  10. Missing Wifi icon but can still connect to the Internet

Missing Wifi icon but can still connect to the Internet: Here's my problem, the Wifi icon is missing: [ATTACH] At first I restarted my computer but no use. Then I tried to fix by turning off then turning on the network icon, but in reality the volume icon disappeared and appeared instead.[ATTACH] [IMG] I also tried updating...