Windows 10: WiFi icon missing + some apps don't detect my WiFi connection

Discus and support WiFi icon missing + some apps don't detect my WiFi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My WiFi icon randomly disappeared from the taskbar. Every Microsoft app stops working, because it's not seeing the WiFi (eg. Office, OneDrive etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zapthos, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Zapthos Win User

WiFi icon missing + some apps don't detect my WiFi connection

My WiFi icon randomly disappeared from the taskbar. Every Microsoft app stops working, because it's not seeing the WiFi (eg. Office, OneDrive etc. etc.). FireFox just works fine. Haven't tried any other programs yet. I've been searching the whole internet on this issue, but nothing is simular to this. My WiFi adapters: TP-Link Archer T1U AC 450 (USB adapter, installed it because the built in adapter doesn't support 5ghz) & Intel Centrino Wireless-N 100. This is what I've already tried:

- Uninstall the TP-Link adapter & enable the Intel one from the BIOS - Didn't change anything

- Run the 'sfc /scannow' command in an admin CMD

- Update to the latest drivers

- Reboot the PC

- Reset the network adapters (from settings)

- Run network troubleshooter

- Go back to an older system restore point (didn't have any restore points, unfortunatly)

- Open the network list from the notification center, the only thing I'm seeing is this: https://imgur.com/0rBm3Zs

- Go to settings and change the icons displayed on the taskbar, the network icon is grayed out fsr..

Reinstalling Windows isn't an option for now, don't have the time to download all the drivers, programs, runtimes etc. etc.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

Zapthos, Jan 9, 2019

2. Missing WiFi icon and could not connect to WiFi

I have a Surface 2. It was OK the night before, but in the morning, the WiFi icon was missed(in the task bar + Network setting) and could not connect to the WiFi neither.

Nobrain Guy, Jan 9, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    At my wits end with WiFi

I did the sme, with the WAP, i disabled DHCP, and assigned a static IP (192.168.1.2), the adsl router already has a static ip set. i followed th guide here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point to a T, both with and without the reccommended/optional steps.

Still no joy, and i still can't get my desktop to see the wifi router, wth default settings and a direct connection. My laptop views the wifi router fine, with default settings.

Ok i figured i missed a step when changing to the DD-WRT firmware. I didn;t upgrade to the latest version. i'm doing that now, and i'll try to set it up again.

silkstone, Jan 9, 2019
  4. WiFi icon missing + some apps don't detect my WiFi connection

WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

It was working day before yesterday.

The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected - No Connections Available." (If I plug in an Ethernet cable, that message goes away. But I need wifi!)

I head into the "Settings" app, choose "Network & Internet", and the topmost tab is "Airplane Mode"; the "Wifi" tab is missing from the Settings app.

I head into the control panel, network and internet, network connections, change adapter settings, and my Wi-Fi adapter is there, enabled, and full green signal strength.

"Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235"

Disabled it and reenabled it to see if that would help, didn't help. Rebooting (twice) didn't help. Full power reset (press-hand-hold power button for 5 seconds) and restart didn't help.

Ran network troubleshooter, it says there may be an issue with the wifi adapter's device driver; it tried to fix it but failed. So I manually updated the device driver in the Properties dialog; that seemed to actually install a new driver (based on how long it took) but it didn't help.

I wonder if there was a recent auto-update for this device that's causing a problem? Or is there some way behind the scenes to hook up this device (who's driver seems to be working) with the windows 10 app (which isn't recognizing it)?

I'm pulling my hair out, and wasting a lot of time on this. Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, upgraded from Windows 7 about 3 months ago
    Samsung Laptop

Sonrisante, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

WiFi icon missing + some apps don't detect my WiFi connection

1. WiFi icon missing + some apps don't detect my WiFi connection - Similar Threads - WiFi icon missing

2. WIFI icon missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI icon missing: Every morning my WIFI icon is missing and I cant connect at all. I need to restart multiple times sometimes it would take 5 to 6 times before it went back. I want a permanent fix and not this kind of a joke. Please help me Im desperate....
  3. WIFI icon missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI icon missing: Every morning my WIFI icon is missing and I cant connect at all. I need to restart multiple times sometimes it would take 5 to 6 times before it went back. I want a permanent fix and not this kind of a joke. Please help me Im desperate....
  4. WIFI icon missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wifi icon missing

Wifi icon missing: Hi, I'm Quang and I'm using Asus Tuf Gaming A17 laptop, It was great until the wifi icon is mission. I also reinstalled Win 10, tried several ways as some threads here but it didn't work.Strange thing is the wifi adapter is disappeared in the device manager. I also download...
  6. The WiFi/network connections icon is missing

The WiFi/network connections icon is missing: My laptop is not connected to the Internet and there is no network connections icon on my taskbar. I cannot open settings, open the start menu, cannot access taskbar settings. I can right click on the start menu button and see tab options but only a few actually open. I’ve...
  7. Wifi icon missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi icon missing: Wifi icon is missing and I've tried a lot of solutions but nothing seems to be working. Help please submitted by /u/matt_murdock_2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j08uyu/wifi_icon_missing/
  8. Wifi Icon missing

Wifi Icon missing: So, after a while i had installed win10 my wi-fi icon is gone and the problem is that in my setting the icon is activated and wi-fi driver works but still can t find a wifi to connect, only solution that i have find is to create a new connection at my home wifi and now i have...
  9. WiFi icon missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi icon missing: Sir when i update drivers then suddenly wifi icon is gone from task bar then i try every solutions but nothing works then i run the intel wireless tool kit then it's dignostic report says " wireless hardware is not bound to transport driver" help me sir...
  10. wifi icon missing

wifi icon missing: from 2nd july, after the last windows 10 update, wifi icon is missing and I am unable to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-icon-missing/982e47a0-2836-4c78-bd59-1da1d5fe6619