Windows 10: WiFi icon on taskbar dims?

Discus and support WiFi icon on taskbar dims? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just installed a new Wifi PCIe adapter to take advantage of faster internet speeds available in my area. I noticed right away that during downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/id0ru, Sep 27, 2020.

1. /u/id0ru Win User

WiFi icon on taskbar dims?

I just installed a new Wifi PCIe adapter to take advantage of faster internet speeds available in my area. I noticed right away that during downloads the wifi icon on the taskbar will sometimes dim and turn gray. I've been searching for explanations but Google hasn't helped. Is Win10 doing that, or is it modem specific?

submitted by /u/id0ru
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/id0ru, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 27, 2020
  3. wifi network list and taskbar wifi icon is missing after windows10 update

after windows10 KB4486561 update my wifi icon and wifi list disappeared. My wifi is working very well though. I tried all suggested solution here:

Fix: Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10

and here

Windows could not start Error 1068: The dependency or group failed to start the WLAN Auto Config serviceon the local computer.

but none of them worked for me. Also I tried to start "network list" service but it popped up error message and it didn't work either. How can I solve this problem?

here is my icon list from settings :

..and here is my taskbar

Erdem Caner, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi icon on taskbar dims? - Similar Threads - WiFi icon taskbar

2. Wifi icon not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi icon not showing in taskbar: I recently messed with my Windows Services and I am not able to see the Wifi icon in the taskbar.I had disabled some services and after restarting my PC, it was gone. I don't know which services I disabledIt is visible here, but not on taskbar...Pls help me for the same...OS...
  3. Wifi icon not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi icon not showing in taskbar: I recently messed with my Windows Services and I am not able to see the Wifi icon in the taskbar.I had disabled some services and after restarting my PC, it was gone. I don't know which services I disabledIt is visible here, but not on taskbar...Pls help me for the same...OS...
  4. Wifi icon missing from the taskbar and settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon missing from the taskbar and settings: This morning when I turned on my laptop, I realized not only I'm not connected to WiFi, but its icon is missing from my taskbar altogether.I thought my wife connection has been disabled but when I went to "control panel\network and internet\network connections" I saw no wifi...
  5. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar: Hey,I am unable to open any of the microsoft apps.Before few days I have done my windows update from then i am facing the problem where my task manager shows very high percentage of the disk usage.The service host keeps running all the time.I have been signed out of my...
  6. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar: Hey,I am unable to open any of the microsoft apps.Before few days I have done my windows update from then i am facing the problem where my task manager shows very high percentage of the disk usage.The service host keeps running all the time.I have been signed out of my...
  7. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Internet and WiFi icon not showing on the taskbar.

Internet and WiFi icon not showing on the taskbar.: Last night, the internet was working just fine and i left my laptop to charge and slept. The next day however, i looked and there was no internet icon on the taskbar. [ATTACH] I searched and tried everything i saw and it didn't work. Can someone please tell me what do i...
  9. Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar: Hi. I'm using a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and recently experiencing this issue. I checked dozens of online posts and solutions but none of them worked. Here is how it started: my laptop had been working perfectly until like 2 weeks ago. It suddenly lost the wifi icon from...
  10. No wifi icon in taskbar

No wifi icon in taskbar: Windows 10 Home Recently, the Wifi/Internet icon has disappeared from my status bar, although it is checked in Settings. It is shown in Hidden Icons as 'Not connected, No connections available'. This is strange as I am connected to the Internet and everything is working...