Windows 10: Wifi icon says im not connected but I actually am

Discus and support Wifi icon says im not connected but I actually am in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wifi icon says im not connected but I actually am. Thought this wasn't a problem as I can still access the internet until I realise the desktop OneNote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akosque, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Akosque Win User

Wifi icon says im not connected but I actually am

Wifi icon says im not connected but I actually am. Thought this wasn't a problem as I can still access the internet until I realise the desktop OneNote will not sync which is a problem to my work.

I'm on windows 10 version,

tried restarting and network troubleshoot but didn't work.

Any ideas will help thanks.

:)

Akosque, Mar 16, 2019
  2. nasosmn Win User

cant connect to internet for updates while im connected!

im facing too many problems with win 10.
    1) cant connect to internet for updates while im connected. I tried everything but stills. I have access to wifi interent from chrome or other programmes but not for windows features like cortana, updates or edge. I uninstall eset, i turned of the firewall but the problem stills. I tried also windows live help but it keeps telling me that im not connected!!! (after several tries i found that the microsoft edge can work everytime im disconnected and connect again in my wifi as new- private network. but i have to do this manually cause everytime i restart pc the connection goes from private to guest network!! strange. but no luck with windows updates . )
    2) i was trying to add a printer and i had the message that the printer spooler dont work! i tried 3 different ways but nothing. it cant start.
    3) then i thought the best thing to do is to make a reset of windows and reinstall. I cant do this also!! its says that there is a problem due to wdf_violation!!
    any suggestions? solution? buying a mac maybe?

nasosmn, Mar 16, 2019
  3. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available.
    I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the internet. When I click this Wifi Icon , a window pops up and on its top it shows my ssid and below it shows connected. Disconnect option is also here.
    Please suggest some remedial measure.
    I have already changed my Wifi adapter - previously it was Wayona and now I am using Prolink. Both works well.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Mar 16, 2019
  4. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Wifi icon says im not connected but I actually am - Similar Threads - Wifi icon says

2. Windows saying im not connected to internet while I am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows saying im not connected to internet while I am: This shows up when im using wifi or ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-saying-im-not-connected-to-internet-while/a141024c-c099-4925-b1df-32290f76fa60
  3. Windows saying im not connected to internet while I am

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows saying im not connected to internet while I am: This shows up when im using wifi or ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-saying-im-not-connected-to-internet-while/a141024c-c099-4925-b1df-32290f76fa60
  4. Windows saying im not connected to internet while I am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. connected to wifi but the icon says i'm not

connected to wifi but the icon says i'm not: connected to wifi but the icon says i'm not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connected-to-wifi-but-the-icon-says-im-not/3359d858-bab2-4781-9407-acb35fb4d83d
  6. Wifi is Connected But Icon says not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is Connected But Icon says not connected: I am currently running Windows 10. Recently I noticed a change where my wifi icon says it is not connected But I can access the internet just fine and everything works. I dont know why it shows like this. I have not made any changes to my system that would cause this shift....
  7. Wifi is Connected But Icon says not connected

Wifi is Connected But Icon says not connected: I am currently running Windows 10. Recently I noticed a change where my wifi icon says it is not connected But I can access the internet just fine and everything works. I dont know why it shows like this. I have not made any changes to my system that would cause this shift....
  8. Wifi is Connected But Icon says not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am

Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am: Currently on Windows 10 and it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am.When I look at my router/modem it says no internet secured but I can use the internet and web browser just fine.I have reset my mode through Xfinity and have reset at Netgear router level. Nothing...
  10. Windows 10 says there is no wifi connection but I am connected.

Windows 10 says there is no wifi connection but I am connected.: Hello you all. Well, I am connected to my wifi but the wifi "no available network" icon appears on my desktop. It says that there is no connection but I can use my wifi normaly. If I go to the network adapters via control panel, the adapter IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165,...