Windows 10: WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

Discus and support WiFi icon showing weird rectangle in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WiFi icon has a weird rectangle on top of it. [ATTACH] As you can see, the WiFi icon on the taskbar looks fine, but when I click on it, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sushruta Bhattacharjee, Apr 24, 2020.

1. WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

WiFi icon has a weird rectangle on top of it.

WiFi icon showing weird rectangle 4e465425-01a9-4163-b832-3d18dc3381fb?upload=true.png

As you can see, the WiFi icon on the taskbar looks fine, but when I click on it, this rectangular box appears on top of WiFi. The same happens when I check available WiFis in Network and Internet settings.

I am running Windows 10 Home Single Language with latest updates.

:)

Sushruta Bhattacharjee, Apr 24, 2020

2. Win 10 wifi connected but wrong notification icon displayed

I'm connected to the internet using wifi. The system tray shows a rectangle icon instead of the wifi icon. when I hover on the icon it shows the name of the wifi connection and I have internet access. I've tried troubleshooting the network but I'm told
    everything is working properly.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mario LaValva, Apr 24, 2020
  3. aijrogers Win User
    Skipping/CD details show as rectangles

Hi - I seem to be having the same problem (2.) - i.e. the track lists show ok through Gallery but as rectangles/zeros through Music Player. Did you manage to find a fix for this? I'd appreciate a reply if you did. Thanks

aijrogers, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Nomgle Win User

WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile WiFi icon showing weird rectangle :)

Nomgle, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

1. WiFi icon showing weird rectangle - Similar Threads - WiFi icon showing

2. Rectangle Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rectangle Icons: Hi I have a new Windows 11 computer. I used a program to make my taskbar smaller all was ok but a few days later my Taskbar icons have all changed to be rectangle see picture I have changed many ideas IE delete program taskbar , and been in the registry editor and changed the...
  3. Rectangle Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rectangle Icons: Hi I have a new Windows 11 computer. I used a program to make my taskbar smaller all was ok but a few days later my Taskbar icons have all changed to be rectangle see picture I have changed many ideas IE delete program taskbar , and been in the registry editor and changed the...
  4. ASUS touchscreen weird rectangle bug

ASUS touchscreen weird rectangle bug: hi, so i just recently bought an ASUS Zenbook 14 Flip OLED and so far everything works perfectly fine, until i started to draw on the touchscreen. for some odd reason my lines were cut off in this specific area forming a rectangle, seems fine on mouse but it seems to bug out...
  5. Wifi icon is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi icon is not showing: Wifi icon is not showing i can't connect to any network this happen many times I can't open see bluetooth airplane mode and etc can someone help me fix this thank you...
  6. Wifi icon is not showing

Wifi icon is not showing: Wifi icon is not showing i can't connect to any network this happen many times I can't open see bluetooth airplane mode and etc can someone help me fix this thank you...
  7. WiFi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi icon not showing: I was browsing with my dell system model latitude E540,with operating System win10pro, suddenly it hang for a long time then i have to turn it off from the button myself. When i on it again it was updating my system after that i saw that the explore too have being updated to...
  8. no wifi icon is showing

no wifi icon is showing: hello, i have a dell laptop with windows 10 latest version, i was using my laptop day before yesterday using my home wireless wifi network smoothly. but today when i tried to connect my pc to my home wifi, there was no icon of wifi in task bar and in notification window. in...
  9. Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it: After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004, my wifi icon has turned to a weird icon as the snapshot below. Even this problem does not trigger any network issue, but this bug really making me uncomfortable. I just want to know, any solutions regarding to this...
  10. wifi icon not showing

wifi icon not showing: Hi friends can any one resolve the problem windows 10 wifi icon not showing i have gone to cmd prompt run also below error throwing When I run the troubleshooting I keep getting the message that says: "One or more network protocols are missing in this computer". When...