Windows 10: Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it

Discus and support Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004, my wifi icon has turned to a weird icon as the snapshot below. Even this problem does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KSPhang, Jun 21, 2020.

1. KSPhang Win User

Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it

After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004, my wifi icon has turned to a weird icon as the snapshot below.

Even this problem does not trigger any network issue, but this bug really making me uncomfortable.

I just want to know, any solutions regarding to this problem?

Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it 13aaa66d-7bb3-484c-844f-3c3435783be3?upload=true.png

:)

KSPhang, Jun 21, 2020
  2. bitrate16 Win User

Black rectangle appears in search view

Black (dark gray) rectangle appearing on fresh windows 10 installation (Oct 2018) when trying to use search on start menu.

Steps:

1. Pressed start menu button.

2. Started typing.

3. Transformed to search view where rectangle appearred.

Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it 19e70e2c-3bb8-4892-ae6d-3f994ae410ba?upload=true.png

bitrate16, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Win 10 wifi connected but wrong notification icon displayed

I'm connected to the internet using wifi. The system tray shows a rectangle icon instead of the wifi icon. when I hover on the icon it shows the name of the wifi connection and I have internet access. I've tried troubleshooting the network but I'm told
    everything is working properly.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mario LaValva, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Nomgle Win User

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it :)

Nomgle, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it - Similar Threads - Wifi icons appear

2. Rectangle Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rectangle Icons: Hi I have a new Windows 11 computer. I used a program to make my taskbar smaller all was ok but a few days later my Taskbar icons have all changed to be rectangle see picture I have changed many ideas IE delete program taskbar , and been in the registry editor and changed the...
  3. Rectangle Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rectangle Icons: Hi I have a new Windows 11 computer. I used a program to make my taskbar smaller all was ok but a few days later my Taskbar icons have all changed to be rectangle see picture I have changed many ideas IE delete program taskbar , and been in the registry editor and changed the...
  4. Wifi icon does not appear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi icon does not appear.: I have Windows 10 on my laptop and it was connected to wifi before and it worked great. I turned on my computer this afternoon and out of nowhere I can't connect to wifi or don't even see a wifi icon. It keeps telling me that ethernet is disconnected, but I never connected it...
  5. Wifi icon does not appear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon does not appear.: I have Windows 10 on my laptop and it was connected to wifi before and it worked great. I turned on my computer this afternoon and out of nowhere I can't connect to wifi or don't even see a wifi icon. It keeps telling me that ethernet is disconnected, but I never connected it...
  6. Wifi icon does not appear.

Wifi icon does not appear.: I have Windows 10 version 21H1 and was connected to wifi before. I turned on my computer one morning and all of a sudden I can't connect to Wi-Fi or don't even see a Wi-Fi icon. It keeps telling me that ethernet is disconnected, but I never connected it with an ethernet...
  7. Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal)

Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal): Hey all, I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows from the Microsoft website and installed it on my Thinkpad. The installation went flawlessly and I've installed all the necessary drivers for the Laptop. The only issue I was experiencing was that it kept displaying a...
  8. Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Bug on WiFi selection (Rectangle appearing in front of Signal): Hey all, I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows from the Microsoft website and installed it on my Thinkpad. The installation went flawlessly and I've installed all the necessary drivers for the Laptop. The only issue I was experiencing was that it kept displaying a...
  9. WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

WiFi icon showing weird rectangle: WiFi icon has a weird rectangle on top of it. [ATTACH] As you can see, the WiFi icon on the taskbar looks fine, but when I click on it, this rectangular box appears on top of WiFi. The same happens when I check available WiFis in Network and Internet settings. I am...
  10. Volume play pause icon not appearing. Grey rectangle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume play pause icon not appearing. Grey rectangle: Hey, When I turn up the volume while playing music or a vidéo, the play pause next and previous icons do not appear. I do have the box near the volume, but only rectangles are displayed. [ATTACH] what can I do?...