Windows 10: WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself

Discus and support WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop. The WiFi keeps disabling itself automatically. It won't even show the available connections. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Praanto Samadder, Jun 25, 2020.

1. WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop. The WiFi keeps disabling itself automatically. It won't even show the available connections. I have to go to the Device Manager, disable the driver and then re-enable the driver to get it working.

I ran sfc /scannow and it showed no errors. I even reinstalled my WiFi driver and even went as far as to resetting Windows.

Another point I would like to note is that, sometimes my computer just freezes when I try to disable the driver from Device Manager. Also, this has been happening since before the latest Windows update.

All my drivers are up-to-date. My Windows is also up-to-date.

:)

Praanto Samadder, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Mike_1369 Win User
    WiFi Adapter keeps disabling itself

My WiFi adapter keeps disabling itself. This started sometime in Nov 2016 or so with a new update. Before that, it worked fine.

I have done all the "suggestions", but none have worked. Any new ideas?

My mom's computer keeps losing internet as well (running Windows 10 also). I asked Uncle Google and maybe hers is a DNS issue, but why? I tried on her computer disabling the Wired Ethernet Card that some suggested, etc.

I am very annoyed. I really liked Windows 10 when it first came out, but it seems every time we get a new update, it breaks something else.

Mike_1369, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself

WINDOW 10 wifi keep cutting off

Hi Abu,

Based on the details provided, there are a lot of possible factors for this matter to occur. One possibility is
    that your network components or the TCP/IP were corrupted or reconfigured during the update. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting and check if there are any changes:

Update drivers

To know how to update drivers, kindly refer to this
    link.

Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh
        int
        ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your network connection.

Disable auto turn-off of
    WiFi device.

• Go to
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click
      Change adapter settings
      on the right pane.

• Right-click your
      connection name(WiFi
      name) and choose
      Properties.

• Click on
      Configure...
      button.

• Go to
      Power Management
      tab.

• Uncheck/disable
      the check box radio for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save
      power".

• Restart the PC
      (Important).

Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself

1. WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself - Similar Threads - WiFi keeps disabling

2. Windows 10 WiFi disables itself on cold boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 WiFi disables itself on cold boots: Having an ongoing issue with Windows 10 wifi dropping the moment Windows is booted was connected just fine, then drops. Then it goes through the long process of disabling the wifi adapter, checking for errors in connection, and then slowly reconnects to wifi. Sometimes it...
  3. Windows 10 WiFi disables itself on cold boots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 WiFi disables itself on cold boots: Having an ongoing issue with Windows 10 wifi dropping the moment Windows is booted was connected just fine, then drops. Then it goes through the long process of disabling the wifi adapter, checking for errors in connection, and then slowly reconnects to wifi. Sometimes it...
  4. Windows 10 WiFi disables itself on cold boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wifi adapter keep disabling by itself until now

Wifi adapter keep disabling by itself until now: It's been a couple weeks I've been strugling with this, while im playing on my asus tuf A15 FX506II laptop the connection suddenly disconnect by itself. When i check device manager, my wifi network adapter which Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC was disabled by...
  6. Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself: Hi there, I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 20 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network...
  7. My wifi disable itself and disappears...

My wifi disable itself and disappears...: My wifi disables itself and its option disappears or can't be switch on.It happens regularly.I can hardly work on wifi for 2-3 minutes.When I try to enable wifi, my windows freezes and I have to restart the laptop.It takes minimum 10 minutes to restart. It is annoying me. I...
  8. Windows Defender keeps disabling itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender keeps disabling itself?: So for the past few days I’ve noticed that Windows Defender keeps disabling itself. I use an app called RKill that kills applications for a clean malware scan. I use MalwareBytes as an combo. And I have also recently reinstalled my PC and last time it didn’t have options or...
  9. Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.: For about a week now I've had to deal with my computer suddenly disconnecting itself from the internet. There doesn't seem to be any particular timing to it; I'll just be going about my business and suddenly it'll disconnect and won't be able to find a network connection for...
  10. Windows Update keeps disabling itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps disabling itself: My Windows update keeps disabling itself every few hours. This also disables the updates for windows store apps. I've noticed that the services "Windows Update" and "Storage Service" keep being set to "Disabled". If I set these two services back to "Manual", then both...