Windows 10: WiFi infrequently dropping.

Discus and support WiFi infrequently dropping. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently swapped ISPs this week, and for pretty much every single day I have been experiencing interruptions in my connection. It never happens in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by colinel, Oct 13, 2018.

1. colinel Win User

WiFi infrequently dropping.

I recently swapped ISPs this week, and for pretty much every single day I have been experiencing interruptions in my connection. It never happens in a consistent timeframe, and has been increasingly infuriating.

My computer (not my adapter, because I used an external one and that still bugged out) seems to be having issues with the new WiFi.
    Every time it happens, my WiFi symbol on the task bar will say "Identifying...", each time it happens I run windows troubleshooter, and it fixes itself temporarily with the error code "WiFi doesn't have a valid IP Configuration. - Fixed". Say about 10 or 15 minutes later, it will drop yet again and I run the same troubleshooter and get returned with the same error.

I have tried resetting my TCP/IP, I have tried flushing DNS, I have tried a full network reset, I've restarted my router and modem for 3 minutes, I've restarted my computer countless times, and I still seem to get the issue.

Of course the simplest solution would be Ethernet, and I've tried it by going into the same room as my router and hooking up with a 5ft ethernet cable. 500 Mbps download with no interruption, but as of now I have no means of getting a cable long enough to reach my room, much less route it under the house.

:)

colinel, Oct 13, 2018
  2. bizkit Win User

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

hy,
    i have question about 10147 release. does anyone else have WiFi drops? it happens like 5-10 times a day. usualy when i search for windows updates(maybe a coincidence?) or when i reboot the pc. then i troubleshooted a bit, i figured out that WLAN autoconfig service stops working. if i restart the service all starts to work again. how can i prevent those kinds of wifi drops? in the mean time, wifi button gets grayed out and the list is empty, like no wireless is in range (it figures .. since service is not running i guess). i checked the event viewer and saw that many services drops out from time to time including sound (realtek). any suggestions would be appreciated. got a clean install here.
    thanks

bizkit, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Wynona Win User

windows 10 10147 - Atheros Qualcom WiFi drops

And now you know why Microsoft didn't release 10147 as an official build. WiFi infrequently dropping. :)

Wynona, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. WiFi infrequently dropping. - Similar Threads - WiFi infrequently dropping

2. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  3. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  4. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wifi drops intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi drops intermittently: Hi, before I had no problems with the Wi-Fi signal anywhere in my house. But since I got the SSD, even being within 2 feet of the router, my signal will randomly lose strength or cut off completely. It mostly happens while watching Netflix. No other device on the network has...
  6. Dropping wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropping wifi: On my home network (private), I have a laptop that I store files on. I transfer files over wifi to this computer. The laptop that I am transferring with drops wifi after 5 minutes, this happens continuously. This is the only time it drops wifi, while transferring files. Here...
  7. wifi drops connection

wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  8. Wifi Dropping

Wifi Dropping: Hello, So I got a laptop HP Envy 17 and my wifi keeps dropping without telling me. I tried troubleshooting my network and it still does that. I tried updating and reinstalling my network driver but that didn't help either. My router doesn't have any problems so I know it...
  9. Dropping wifi

Dropping wifi: I am a Windows 10 user with a Dell laptop. For some reason and for some time now my computer keeps losing my router and dropping the wifi signal without warning; usually it reconnects after a pause, though not always. Other devices, both Apple and PC, never not have this...
  10. Wifi dropping??

Wifi dropping??: Okay so a couple months ago my laptop (asus x541uak) started dropping my wifi connection. As in saying there were no networks, big red x, even though the wifi is totally fine. It went away after a while. Well it's back with a vengeance. it will connect for however long it...