Windows 10: wifi instability

Discus and support wifi instability in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My WIFI connection from my ASUS X550CA laptop periodically drops while I'm online and can only reconnect after a reboot of the laptop. Many other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gamecox87, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Gamecox87 Win User

wifi instability

My WIFI connection from my ASUS X550CA laptop periodically drops while I'm online and can only reconnect after a reboot of the laptop.

Many other devices in the house remain connected with no problem, so I believe it is isolated to this device which is running Windows 10 upgraded from 8.1

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 network adapter. I've uninstalled & reinstalled numerous times. I've also ensured the power management is unchecked so as not to be disconnected to save power.

I've also followed the following steps at the Command Admin prompt numerous times:

Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

At this point nothing has stabilized my wifi connection. It is too late to revert back to Windows 8.1

Any advice to solve this issue would be appreciated. The laptop works fine otherwise.

:)

Gamecox87, Jul 23, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 wifi network connection instability - who is responsible?

Hi cruckster,

Let's isolate your concern further. In order for me to have a better picture on what you experience, I would like to know the following:

• Are you able to connect your laptop to other networks?
    • Have you tested if the issue is happening on other user profiles?
    • Do you still recall other steps you've taken in addressing your WiFi concern?
    • Is the issue also happening when connecting your computer using an Ethernet cable?

In the meantime, if you're able to connect your laptop on a different network, I suggest that you contact your
    Internet Service Provider (ISP) in refreshing the settings of your
    WiFi modem/router. If this has been done and the your able to reconnect other devices successfully, I recommend that you reinstall your
    hardware drivers manually. This way, you'd be able to ensure that you
    have the latest drivers released by your manufacturer, tailored fit for the model of your computer. If you are able to connect to the WiFi network, but not able to go to websites, but can share files locally, I suggest that you
    manage or delete your cache and cookies on your Windows. This is to ensure that you're browsers would
    be loading the latest contents of the website that you are visiting.

I'll be waiting for your response to assist you further.

ErwinJames San, Jul 23, 2018
  4. wifi instability

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

wifi instability

1. wifi instability - Similar Threads - wifi instability

2. I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...: I cannot get it to work. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-wifi-to-work-on-this-laptop/8348af4b-ddd1-496a-9656-21f2558cf33d
  3. I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...: I cannot get it to work. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-wifi-to-work-on-this-laptop/8348af4b-ddd1-496a-9656-21f2558cf33d
  4. How do I recover wifi and bluetooth after Windows 11 upgrade has removed it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover wifi and bluetooth after Windows 11 upgrade has removed it?: Following an upgrade to Windows 11, I have lost the option to connect to wifi or use bluetooth. When running the troubleshooting tool, it states that the 'ethernet cable isn't plugged in'.Windows 11 has effectively just turned my laptop into a brick....
  5. I cannot get my wifi to work on this laptop anymore. It wont even come up with options. All...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How do I recover wifi and bluetooth after Windows 11 upgrade has removed it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover wifi and bluetooth after Windows 11 upgrade has removed it?: Following an upgrade to Windows 11, I have lost the option to connect to wifi or use bluetooth. When running the troubleshooting tool, it states that the 'ethernet cable isn't plugged in'.Windows 11 has effectively just turned my laptop into a brick....
  7. Extremely instable wifi only on Windows 10 laptop!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely instable wifi only on Windows 10 laptop!: Hello, I was using a Windows 8 laptop for years just fine. A couple months ago I had to get a new laptop and it worked fine at first, but after a week or two the problems started. My wifi is extremely unstable. Websites will load and load and load and then suddenly it's all...
  8. Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability

Surface Pro 6 - Wifi instability: Hello community, So, this has been plaguing me since forever. I am on a Surface Pro 6. My Wifi that I connect is 5G. Issue: When I switch on my Surface or wake her from sleep, 1. Takes about 10 - 15 seconds or more to connect to the Wifi 2. If not, I have to...
  9. WIFI instable Windows 10

WIFI instable Windows 10: Hello guys, I would like a feedback from you about WIFI problems in Windows 10. Since last year I realize that customers are complaining about WIFI problems in Windows 10 more then normal. I would like to know from you, people like me that works with Windows 10 most of...
  10. Windows 10 wifi network connection instability - who is responsible?

Windows 10 wifi network connection instability - who is responsible?: So, five months later I still don't have a stable wifi connection, and never have had one. We paid over 600 dollars for a Dell machine with Windows 10 and a bog-standard home wifi provided by BT and it has been useless. It has never worked properly. This issue was posted in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi instability