Windows 10: Wifi interface that looks like ethernet interface?

Discus and support Wifi interface that looks like ethernet interface? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok. bare with me here. I have some software that will only connect via ethernet. It binds to ethernet interfaces and filters out the option to bind to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trashheap_has_spoken, May 27, 2024.

1. Wifi interface that looks like ethernet interface?

Ok. bare with me here. I have some software that will only connect via ethernet. It binds to ethernet interfaces and filters out the option to bind to any wifi interfaces. Not connected to ethernet? it doesnt work. This is by design, and I completely appreciate why the do that. But, I need to use Wifi for this situation and Im prepared to deal with any related headaches that might cause.

The question is: How might I create a virtual interface of some kind that 'looks like' an ethernet device, but can actually be channelled over normal wifi hardware connection. The software thinks its an ethernet device, but its just a trick and its actially wifi.

I know I could run a wifi bridge from the ethernet port, but id like to save that $$ and hassle.

Tx

submitted by /u/trashheap_has_spoken
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trashheap_has_spoken, May 27, 2024

2. Default ethernet interface

I have a laptop with windows 7

It has a WWAN card in it that I use when at customers site.

I use the wired ethernet interface to connect to routers to configure them.

these routers give the wired interface an IP address by DHCP but have no route to the internet.

I can get internet via the WWAN until I plug a cable in the wired interface then the laptop automatically swaps to the wired interface and tries to access the internet that way

I want to the laptop so it keeps using the WWAN for internet regardless of what I plug in the wired port.

the laptop must see the WWAN as its only route to the internet

any suggestions please

nick price, May 27, 2024
  3. eddward Win User
    How to rename network interfaces

Hi,
    I've got a new DSL router and configured it with the same settings as previous.

I already tried and successfuly renamed Network Adapters as they were before, it is now Ethernet and Wi-Fi but it is still not enough. netsh interface show interface command still saying Ethernet 2 and Wi-Fi 2 after reboot.
    I also tried netsh interface set interface name=”Ethernet 2” newname=”Ethernet” but didn't help
    Any suggestion to fix it ?
    It's not a big deal, but still I would like to have it sorted.

Thanks

eddward, May 27, 2024
  4. Wifi interface that looks like ethernet interface?

interface problem

Hi,

There could be a reason behind why your operating system doesn't support Russian interface programs. However, we need more information to identify what's happening. Can you provide an answer to these questions:

• What do you mean "my OS does not support Russian interface programs"?
    • Do you get an error message whenever you run a Russian interface program?
    • Have you tried to change the language on your computer?
    • Does it only happens with Russian interface programs?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Wifi interface that looks like ethernet interface?

1. Wifi interface that looks like ethernet interface? - Similar Threads - Wifi interface looks

2. Hidden interface?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden interface?: In my computer I have the main broadband hub with the main internet provider and an extender. My computer always connects to the extender and the main provider never appears as an option. I managed to change its priority to 1 but the computer still connects to the extender....
  3. "No such interface supported"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such interface supported": This appears to be a widespread issue: unable to open .jpg's, .mp4's, even .txt's, among others. After the 22H2 update when attempting to open various files, such as those previously mentioned, an error message box advises that "No such interface supported." Even after...
  4. "No such interface supported"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No such interface supported": This appears to be a widespread issue: unable to open .jpg's, .mp4's, even .txt's, among others. After the 22H2 update when attempting to open various files, such as those previously mentioned, an error message box advises that "No such interface supported." Even after...
  5. Interface Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interface Issue: I got this problem recently when I started my computer and it showed to select a boot device ,which did not appeared earlier . I booted on , and my right click was not working , I clicked on start menu and that was also not working ,nothing on my taskbar was opening . only...
  6. USB interface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB interface: Windows 10 up to date with vers 1803. Will interface with USB memory sticks and other external devices but has now stopped interfacing with mobiles phones, Huawe and Samsung, when plugged into any USB port....
  7. Network Interface Won't Accept "Ethernet" as Name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Interface Won't Accept "Ethernet" as Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...
  8. GUI interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GUI interface: i can not access any routers switches that use a GUI interface , say 192.168.1.1 yet i can ping them fine and or use a network utility to talk to them , but can not get to them from ie or chrome or edge or any browser...
  9. Web Interface

in Browsers and Email
    Web Interface: Need Internet Explorer 11.103.10586.0 for work. I have higher version. Solved with compatibility view. 54735
  10. Remove user interface options like Shutdown and

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove user interface options like Shutdown and: My Grandma has Alzheimer's and pokes around way too much in her computer that has Windows 10 I used to remove all kinds of things in Windows 7 but since upgrading to windows 10 I all the things I had setup to no longer show are now back again after update. The things I would...