Windows 10: Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects

Discus and support Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; wifi randomly disconnects. i disconnect, reconnect, and its fine. how do is top this from happening? thanks so much for your time and help 134278 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nava, Jun 7, 2019.

1. nava Win User

Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects

wifi randomly disconnects. i disconnect, reconnect, and its fine.

how do is top this from happening?

thanks so much for your time and help

:)

nava, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Jun 7, 2019
  3. WiFi connectivity getting lost intermittently

I use a Dell Inspiron 11 laptop with Windows 10 upgraded. I have a 4G WiFi hotspot wireless router which I use to connect to Internet. Device works well using USB connectivity. However when I use to connect using WiFi I am facing intermittent disconnection
    of WiFi. Sometime it works well and sometime it shows limited connection. I switch off WiFi adapter in laptop and switch it back on to connect again. This happens very frequently. Another laptop with Windows 7 does not have this disconnection issue. Is it
    any bug with Windows 10 that can be fixed?

AnilPadmanabhan, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

wifi connection was keep on disconnecting

Hi,

Wrong configuration network settings or outdated network adapter drivers may be the possible reasons why your Wi-Fi connection keeps disconnecting. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried connecting to another Wi-Fi? Does it also disconnect?
    • Have you tried checking if you're having an intermittent Internet connection?
    • Have you tried updating your network adapter driver?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot network connection. This will let you run Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, update the network adapter driver or use network reset to reinstall network devices.

Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects - Similar Threads - Wifi intermittently disconnects

2. Intermittent wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent wifi connection: Ever since windows 11 was downloaded on my laptop it has had intermittent wifi connection issues. It runs fine connected for several minutes but after a while it acts as though there is no wifi connection even though it shows that it has connection. The router isn’t the...
  3. Intermittent wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent wifi connection: Ever since windows 11 was downloaded on my laptop it has had intermittent wifi connection issues. It runs fine connected for several minutes but after a while it acts as though there is no wifi connection even though it shows that it has connection. The router isn’t the...
  4. Wifi connectivity intermittent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connectivity intermittent: Hi, we have end devices running on windows with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265.It has been sometime after identifying this intermittent connectivity issue when the Laptop is plug into power supply.Anyone has similar issue when the device was plug into power supply and get's...
  5. Wifi connectivity intermittent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connectivity intermittent: Hi, we have end devices running on windows with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265.It has been sometime after identifying this intermittent connectivity issue when the Laptop is plug into power supply.Anyone has similar issue when the device was plug into power supply and get's...
  6. When i turn off airplane mode, the connection will disconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When i turn off airplane mode, the connection will disconnect: Hello, i'm Melonmidi, i have some problem hereI'm using Windows 10, i have a problem that really bothers me when i use wifi. When i try to connect wifi without airplane mode, it won't be able to connect, but if i use airplane mode, the wifi will connect automatically.I've...
  7. Intermittent WiFi disconnections

Intermittent WiFi disconnections: Hello there,I am facing random and intermittent WiFi disconnections on my Windows 10.All of a sudden it shows a "globe" in the taskbar, then it reconnects later, or I have to turn the WiFi off then on to reconnect.My Windows is up to date and so is the driver.Thanks for any...
  8. Intermittent WiFi disconnections

Intermittent WiFi disconnections: Hello There, I'm facing random and intermittent WiFi disconnections on my Windows 10. Suddenly it displays " globe" shape in the taskbar, then reconnects later, or I have to turn off then turn on the WiFi to reconnect again. My windows is updated, and the driver is...
  9. Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects: wifi randomly disconnects. i disconnect, reconnect, and its fine. how do is top this from happening? thanks so much for your time and help 134278
  10. Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU

Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU: Running Windows 10 x64 Home Edition Fall Creators Update with the latest updates on a ASUS G74SX-3DE notebook using the latest drivers for Intel 7260-AC Mini-PCIe 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth adapter. Prior to Fall Creators Update, everything is working fine. However with Fall...