Windows 10: Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro

Discus and support Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Starting about the middle of January 2020 my download speed dropped from 160 MB to 3-25MB. I have tried all the suggestions I have found in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColtDeFrees, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro

Starting about the middle of January 2020 my download speed dropped from 160 MB to 3-25MB. I have tried all the suggestions I have found in the community as well as purchased a new wifi adapter thinking that was the problem. On a wired connection I get 230 MB. My roommate and my girlfriend get still get 160 MB download speed on wifi on the their windows 10 PC's, their macbook's, and all of our phones and tablets. This is only affecting my pc which is 4 months old. I even put my pc in the same room as theirs with the same result of slow download speed. The only thing I have not done is a clean install of windows. I would prefer not to do a clean install if I can help it. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ColtDeFrees, Feb 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Kyle Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?

Hi guys.
    I've had to mark this as unresolved and bring it back up as the issue has returned. I am not sure what it is that is causing this as I haven't installed any program that would limit, manage/handle bandwidth usage.
    Below are a few screenshots of my Programs and Features list and the list of Windows Updates:

Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro [​IMG]

To also note; I have done a few speedtests and the result is the same as before I reinstalled Windows. (100-144Mbps) After reinstalling, for a few weeks I was getting my full speed. (380Mbps) Then it suddenly capped. My iPhone XR (being connected to my 5GHz WiFi network) gets the full speed.

I have also redone the "tweaks" for trying to remove the limitation as in tutorials on Google. No help. None of these "fixes" actually work. That is to say; updating my network card driver (in this case my TP-Link TG-3468 Gigabit Ethernet PCI card), using Command Prompt with the few commands suggested to use, GPEdit.msc, etc. None of these work. Windows 10 is still limiting/capping my Internet and it is beyond frustrating. Delivery Optimization is also disabled and Limit Reservable Bandwidth in QoS Packet Scheduler is set to 0%.

I should also note that my Private Internet Access VPN is disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Typing this into an elevated command prompt seemed to allow me to use more of my speed, but not 350Mbps+.
    I'm assuming it is peak times at the moment.

Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro b79c8b13-8099-463d-bea7-e6b97e46b502.png

4. Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro

Slow Internet Over Wifi. Only Internet Speed Weirdly Slowed.

Hi, Microsoft.

Wireless Environment Details

Previously, I am using Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 in my Dell laptop with overall environment details as below,

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Wifi adapter, using 5Ghz band at 433Mbps.
    • Using Asus RT-AC68U, performing 600Mbps (2.4GHz) + 1300Mbps (5GHz).
    • Subscribing fiber optic 300Mbps ISP speed.
    Problem Statements

I am facing internet speed throttled over Wifi but not wired LAN connection. The speed throttled below than 100Mbps during downloading. The Wifi weirdly throttled the internet speed only but not local network file transfer over wireless.

Test Methods and Problem Analysis.

• The laptop and router range within 2 meters away.
    • No multiple devices connected to the router during the test.
    • DNS set in router is Google's DNS, 8.8.8.8
    • My laptop using default Windows 10 Firewall and set network to "Private".
    • No VPN were used nor installed.
    • All hardwares installed with latest drivers from Dell website.
    • All networking speed monitored using Resource Monitor.
    • Download files from internet into laptop over LAN cable. Full speed at 300Mbps.
    • Download files from internet into laptop over Wifi. Speed slowed down less than 100Mbps.
    • I have a desktop PC too, using Windows 10 and LAN cable connection to router.
    • Transferring files from desktop PC to Asus router and finally wireless to my laptop.
      FULL SPEED around 400Mbps.
    • This is so odd. Wireless file transfer over local network can be full speed but internet over wireless slowed. Obviously not Wifi adapter problem.
    • I decided to further test the router hardware.
    • Download files from internet into desktop PC over LAN cable. Full speed at 300Mbps.
    • Download files from internet over smartphone and tablet (both Android and iOS) wireless.
      FULL SPEED at 300Mbps. Obviously not router problem too.
    • So I narrowed down the problem only can be Windows 10. Can you help me identify the problems?

Kent Ong Kean Seng, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro

1. Wifi internet download speed windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Wifi internet download

2. Windows 10 throttling Internet download speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 throttling Internet download speeds: My Dell 7386 laptop with an Intel AX200 has much slower download speeds than are available on two different Samsung Galaxy S10e cellphones. All devices are connected via Wi-Fi to a TP-Link AX6000 router. The router's connection to the ISP tests out at a 501 Mbps download...
  3. Windows 10 pro download speed problems

Windows 10 pro download speed problems: Hi. So i bought a brand new PC today with a TP Link Dual Band wifi adapter. Before downloading anything, i head over to speed test and find that my internet is working perfectly fine (35mbps download). But as soon as i start downloading a game, it drops drastically down to...
  4. Declining Internet download speed

Declining Internet download speed: Hi All, 1st Time poster after frequenting the forums for sometime for assistance and tips. It's a bit of a weird one, my download speed gradually declines to barely 1mbps but my upload speed stays pretty consistent. My pc rarely turns off or restarts unless...
  5. Windows !0 Internet Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows !0 Internet Download Speeds: I own three Mac Computers which I purchased only after I could run my Windows programs on them. I have a 2009 desktop, a 2018 desktop, and, as of a few days ago, a brand new 2020 MacBook Pro. All three have partitioned hard drives, the 2008 on Windows 7, the 2018 and 2020...
  6. Windows 10 capping wifi download speeds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 capping wifi download speeds?: is it possible windows 10 is capping my downloads speed? im only getting 90Mbps when i should be getting 300Mbps its not an issue with my PC as ive now tried 3 different network cards and its still the same issue submitted by /u/gezzamondo [link] [comments]...
  7. WiFi Network speed and internet speed question

WiFi Network speed and internet speed question: Okay I don't understand this I have a 1gb network modem/router thru CenturyLink and what I don't understand is on all my local networking I get the 1gig speed. On my wired machines when I access the internet I actually get 900mb download/upload speeds, but when I use my...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?

Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?: Hey guys. So been having a major issue with Windows 10 for the last few months after an update. My Internet speed seems to be limited to 144 - 180 Mbps DL on a 350 Mb ISP package. (Avg. speed 370 Mbps DL) I've Google'd a number of times but only come across the same topic...
  9. Internet Download Speed

Internet Download Speed: Hi, I am running windows 10 on my desktop PC (an old dell machine). I have recently had to do a repair installation and have since had an update download. I now find that whichever of the two internet USB adaptors ( a TP-link or Belkin) I plug in I am getting download speeds...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Capping Internet Speed

Windows 10 Pro Capping Internet Speed: So this is the same thread as my previous one, but I have done a fresh install but this time Windows 10 Pro using the Windows Install Creator Tool that Microsoft Provides. Before and after installing my AV, I was getting close to 500mbps. But after I installed all the...