Windows 10: Wifi Internet no longer automatically goes on when I log on to windows 10, after update

Discus and support Wifi Internet no longer automatically goes on when I log on to windows 10, after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Now I have to manually click my private internet network to get on to wifi. It use to connect to wifi automatically when I login to win. I tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maria_970, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Maria_970 Win User

Wifi Internet no longer automatically goes on when I log on to windows 10, after update

Now I have to manually click my private internet network to get on to wifi. It use to connect to wifi automatically when I login to win.

I tried a reset going to settings select network and click forget then restart computer, it did not work. I like to know what I should do to get wifi working automatically when I login to windows.

:)

Maria_970, Sep 1, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 1, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Wifi Internet no longer automatically goes on when I log on to windows 10, after update

Microsoft will Automatically Update Internet Explorer, if You Let it

In an effort to ensure that Windows users have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed and ready for use, Microsoft has decided to add its browser to the automatic update list. This means that Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 installations which have automatic updating enabled in Windows Update, will also be seamlessly upgrading Internet Explorer, from time to time.

For starters the automatic update switch for IE will be turned on for customers in Australia and Brazil. This will happen in January (2012) and will expand in other areas throughout the year.

Wifi Internet no longer automatically goes on when I log on to windows 10, after update ie031311_2_web_thm.jpg

"We want to make updating to the best protection possible as fast and simple as we can for Windows customers," explains Ryan Gavin, General Manager, Internet Explorer Business and Marketing. "IE is how millions of Windows customers connect to the Web, so keeping that part of Windows updated at all times is critical to keeping them safe online. With automatic updates enabled through Windows Update, customers can receive IE9 and future versions of Internet Explorer seamlessly without any “update fatigue” issues."

Individuals or companies who don't want their Internet Explorer to get updated on-the-fly can opt out by using the Blocker toolkits available here (for IE8) and here (for IE9).

Cristian_25H, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Internet no longer automatically goes on when I log on to windows 10, after update

1. Wifi Internet no longer automatically goes on when I log on to windows 10, after update - Similar Threads - Wifi Internet longer

2. Windows Update no longer automatically updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update no longer automatically updating: After installing KB4052623 on Dec 7 2023, Windows Update no longer automatically updates. It will automatically check for updates and then say "You're up to date", but no security updates actually get downloaded/installed. When I manually press "Check for updates", the...
  3. WiFi automatically disconnects when there's no internet on both Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi automatically disconnects when there's no internet on both Windows 10 & 11: My WiFi always disconnect when there's no internet connection. Restarting doesn't work. I'm suggesting it's a 0-day bug. I have already made this report on Feedback Hub without fixing this bug....
  4. WiFi automatically disconnects when there's no internet on both Windows 10 & 11

WiFi automatically disconnects when there's no internet on both Windows 10 & 11: My WiFi always disconnect when there's no internet connection. Restarting doesn't work. I'm suggesting it's a 0-day bug. I have already made this report on Feedback Hub without fixing this bug....
  5. Windows 10 goes into an automatic repair cycle after the latest Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 goes into an automatic repair cycle after the latest Windows update: I can't get back to my desktop after the last Windows reboot forced by Windows update. At startup, the system reboots automatically endlessly. It gives me options to "Continue", "Use a device", "Troubleshoot". Tried all troubleshooting options. Within problem solving. I tried...
  6. Wifi Internet after an update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Internet after an update: I did whatever latest updates on Windows 10 today and when my computer rebooted, it had no Wi-Fi capabilities! It has been completely wiped from the computer! Please help, it isn't even my computer, I was borrowing my moms and now its broke!...
  7. Wifi Internet after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Internet after an update: I did whatever latest updates on Windows 10 today and when my computer rebooted, it had no Wi-Fi capabilities! It has been completely wiped from the computer! Please help, it isn't even my computer, I was borrowing my moms and now its broke!...
  8. Wifi Internet after an update

9. Internet connections goes down when I log in in an online game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connections goes down when I log in in an online game: Hi, I have seen people posting with the same problem I'm having but the solutions do not work for me, maybe because there is something different in my situation. Whenever I login on an online game my connection goes down. I installed overwatch and everything was fine I was...
  10. No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update: Recently my laptop(UX303LB asus) automatically updated windows and now it does not have any audio or network adapters. It seems that the network card and audio cards are not found at all. Things I've tried : Clean reinstall windows Reinstalling network driversDid not...