Windows 10: Wifi/ internet really unstable

Discus and support Wifi/ internet really unstable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Occasionally, my WiFi will just stop working. I'll have to disconnect and reconnect from it, but sometimes, it just becomes insane. It's almost every 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brepi, Apr 12, 2020.

1. brepi Win User

Wifi/ internet really unstable

Occasionally, my WiFi will just stop working. I'll have to disconnect and reconnect from it, but sometimes, it just becomes insane. It's almost every 5 minutes, I have to turn my wifi off and back on. I've had this problem ever since I got this device Lenovo Thinkpad with touch screen and pen. I've tried restarting my PC, flushing my DNS and Winsock, changing my WiFi from public to private, and deleting my network adaptor driver. I thought to myself, "ah just suck it up, it isn't the worst", but I think that this is almost unacceptable; having such unstable WiFi that I can't make calls without disconnecting every 5 minutes? This is a problem I only have on my laptop; when the WiFi isn't working on my laptop, all other devices around me are fine.

:)

brepi, Apr 12, 2020
  2. kyjaha.kh Win User

unstable internet over wifi- just started after couple years with same

I've been using this wifi set up for a long time, years, really. all the sudden tonight 12/23/2018 it becomes unstable,

. causes mew to manually reestablish connection only to again drop it. any suggestions?

kyjaha.kh, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Unstable internet with windows 10

Hi Javon,

Server error is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to update a game or having an unstable Internet connection. To help you resolve this issue, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you using wired or wireless connection?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Apr 12, 2020
  4. mibec1 Win User

Highly Unstable Wifi Connection

From the day I bought my computer, my wifi-conectivity has been unstable. It has always been annoying me, but recently the coonection has become so unstable that I daily feel the urge to throw the laptop against a wall or out the window... So I hope somebody
    can give me the advice that will finally fix my wifi-problems.

The things is that my computer often disconnects (sometimes every 5 minutes or less) from the internet. When I click the wifi-icon, I usually can see my own network and the computer appears to be connected (but it doesn't work). Usually I can see lots of
    networks around me, but they vanish from the list when I lose the connection (though my own stays).

I have tried restoring the computer to its original state (I bought it with Windows 8 and updated it to Windows 10), updating the networking drivers, followed all the steps on

this page
    . I have run the various diagnostic tools I've been made aware of on different homepages, too. Nothing seems to work at all.

Can anybody tell me what I can do to fix my connection.

---

Computer: ASUS X550JX

Network Related: Card and drivers all come from Realtek.

mibec1, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi/ internet really unstable - Similar Threads - Wifi internet really

2. The internet is unstable at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The internet is unstable at startup: When I start my laptop, the network is always unstable. This is when I ping YouTube when I start the laptop:Ping statistics for 142.250.207.78: Packets: Sent = 30, Received = 25, Lost = 5 16% loss, Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 30ms, Maximum =...
  3. The internet is unstable at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The internet is unstable at startup: When I start my laptop, the network is always unstable. This is when I ping YouTube when I start the laptop:Ping statistics for 142.250.207.78: Packets: Sent = 30, Received = 25, Lost = 5 16% loss, Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 30ms, Maximum =...
  4. Wifi and bluetooth unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and bluetooth unstable: Dear community,I have a fairly new razor laptop +/- 1 year old and I have some weird issues which is most likely coming from Windows 11 I checked all hardware and nothing is broken/everything is working. My Wifi and bluetooth sometimes just couple shuts down. So it works...
  5. Unstable internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unstable internet connection: Hi all, since a few month i got an issue on my computer. When i'm downloading a file on any browser I tested Chrome, edge, and Brave after a few Mb the DL is stopped and it says that there is a network error or it goes down to 0 B/s and doesnt dl anymore. i have to try...
  6. Unstable wifi connection

Unstable wifi connection: My wifi connection is constantly unstable since the august update with segments of no internet every other 30 seconds to a minute despite the wifi connection appearing as strong during these segments. Originally, it was worse - but after turning off the option for the adapter...
  7. Windows is unstable. Like really unstable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is unstable. Like really unstable.: Hello. I have Windblows 10 and oh man, this is really unstable. I installed it 2-3 weeks ago. It worked as expected. Then, on the last friday September 18 it gave me the first BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. After that, it started giving me Blue screens often. I had like 3-4 BSODs...
  8. Unstable WiFi Networks

Unstable WiFi Networks: Wifi connection is keeps on connecting and disconnecting randomly. It's very annoying to work with that. I tried using another system and it worked fine on it. I tried updating and reinstalling the drivers from the device manager but no help. Update windows to latest...
  9. Help my Windows is really unstable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my Windows is really unstable.: I today installed windows via usb, everything went okay, until I tried to download something on steam, my system crashed, then when I was trying to do something else system started crashing again. I have 1 hdd with 2 partitions. Here is some error codes: System service...
  10. WiFi is super unstable

WiFi is super unstable: When connected to WiFi, it randomly just stops working and saying "no internet"; for example: id be playing an online game or watching youtube, and it would just stop. I then turn off my WiFi connection and turn it back on, or restart my computer. The Wifi isn't disconnecting...