Windows 10: wifi internet

Discus and support wifi internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple devices connected to my wifi however one laptop is connected but no internet. after running troubleshooting I get one problem which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richardhallab, Oct 2, 2018.

1. wifi internet

I have multiple devices connected to my wifi however one laptop is connected but no internet. after running troubleshooting I get one problem which is "the dns server isn't responding"

:)

richardhallab, Oct 2, 2018
  2. WhyMe Win User

WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Hi Gerry Atric and welcome to the forum.wifi internet :)

lol *Biggrin

Don't know if you have tried this, but this is my suggestion:

Settings >Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Wi-Fi Settings
    Go to the settings under the Wi-Fi Sense heading
    Turn off "Connect to suggested open hotspots"
    and/or
    Turn off "Connect to networks shared by my friends"

WhyMe, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    wifi & internet

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Method 2:Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 2, 2018
  4. wifi internet

Why does my computer disconnect from the internet constantly? (WiFi)

Hi Kevin,

Here are few troubleshooting steps which you may try to resolve the issue with WIFI disconnecting on your Computer.

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    If above method doesn't work I suggest you try below method

Method 2:

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the below article on Fix network connection issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

If you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Ashwin V S, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

wifi internet

1. wifi internet - Similar Threads - wifi internet

2. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  3. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  4. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...
  5. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...
  6. Wifi but no internet on any network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi but no internet on any network?: I have had a recent problem with my laptop, where I am able to connect to any wifi wirelessly, but I am unable to access the internet. However, I am able to access the internet if I connect a lan cable directly from my laptop to my router. I have already done a network reset...
  7. Wifi but no internet on any network?

Wifi but no internet on any network?: I have had a recent problem with my laptop, where I am able to connect to any wifi wirelessly, but I am unable to access the internet. However, I am able to access the internet if I connect a lan cable directly from my laptop to my router. I have already done a network reset...
  8. Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5, and it's been with me since August 2022.Recently, in the past week or two, I've encountered an issue with the WiFi. Regardless of which network I'm connected to—be it at home, work, or university—it shows "connected, secure." However, when I attempt...
  9. Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.

Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5, and it's been with me since August 2022.Recently, in the past week or two, I've encountered an issue with the WiFi. Regardless of which network I'm connected to—be it at home, work, or university—it shows "connected, secure." However, when I attempt...
  10. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...