Windows 10: WiFi IP Configuration

Discus and support WiFi IP Configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by STemplar007, Sep 5, 2018.

1. WiFi IP Configuration

I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no longer available. The fitbit was still connected to the USB port. I went through all of the troubleshooting recommendations, but continue to receive the following error message "WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration" At that time other computers in the house remained connected.

When I returned to my apartment, the computer connected to internet same as always but the same thing happened again the next time I charged the fitbit. There must be something to do with the computer returning from sleep mode when the fitbit is connected to the USB port as it has now happened to two different wifi connections. Also, I can still access the internet using the personal hotspot on my iphone so it has to have something to do with the fitbit charging that affects only the wifi that my computer is connected to at the time.

Is there a way to correct this error?

:)

STemplar007, Sep 5, 2018

2. "WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you get an error saying that WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration while trying to connect to the network.

This could occur if there is any discrepancy in IP address configuration.

I suggest that you try the steps suggested in the following link by one of our Forum Moderator, Karthik Vengaloor
    on a similar issue.

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Also refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Hope this will help you. Post us back with the results if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 5, 2018
  4. WiFi IP Configuration

Repeated "wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration" error message daily

Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP Configuration is often appear on Windows 10/8.1/7 based operating system. The average Windows user encountered the problem when wanting to connect to a Wi-Fi or Local Area Network (LAN) via Ethernet. Here
    is an example of an error message that often appears when connecting to the network:

• Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Local area connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Wireless network connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    try steps here: Fix Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP Configuration | Get Help in Windows 10

dedyprasetiyo724, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi IP Configuration

1. WiFi IP Configuration - Similar Threads - WiFi Configuration

2. Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration: My PC for the last few days hasn't been working properly, it connects to the wifi but it always displays as there being no internet. All my other devices work fine, so I tried resetting the router and that didn't work. I used the troubleshooting tool and it said that wifi...
  3. Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration: My PC for the last few days hasn't been working properly, it connects to the wifi but it always displays as there being no internet. All my other devices work fine, so I tried resetting the router and that didn't work. I used the troubleshooting tool and it said that wifi...
  4. Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Up until this afternoon I have had no issues with the internet on my PC.Now whenever starting my PC it refuses to connect to the internet with the troubleshooting error "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.The internet will work if I reset my router, at which point...
  6. WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Up until this afternoon I have had no issues with the internet on my PC.Now whenever starting my PC it refuses to connect to the internet with the troubleshooting error "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.The internet will work if I reset my router, at which point...
  7. Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration: I just got a new pc from NZXT and on the first day everything was working but now my wifi refuses to connect. Sometimes it just magically fixes itself but the rest of the time it just says "No internet, secured" all my other devices are using the wifi just fine. After running...
  8. Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration

Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration: I just got a new pc from NZXT and on the first day everything was working but now my wifi refuses to connect. Sometimes it just magically fixes itself but the rest of the time it just says "No internet, secured" all my other devices are using the wifi just fine. After running...
  9. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...
  10. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...