Windows 10: WiFi IP Configuration

Discus and support WiFi IP Configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by STemplar007, Sep 5, 2018.

1. WiFi IP Configuration

I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no longer available. The fitbit was still connected to the USB port. I went through all of the troubleshooting recommendations, but continue to receive the following error message "WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration" At that time other computers in the house remained connected.

When I returned to my apartment, the computer connected to internet same as always but the same thing happened again the next time I charged the fitbit. There must be something to do with the computer returning from sleep mode when the fitbit is connected to the USB port as it has now happened to two different wifi connections. Also, I can still access the internet using the personal hotspot on my iphone so it has to have something to do with the fitbit charging that affects only the wifi that my computer is connected to at the time.

Is there a way to correct this error?

:)

STemplar007, Sep 5, 2018

2. "WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you get an error saying that WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration while trying to connect to the network.

This could occur if there is any discrepancy in IP address configuration.

I suggest that you try the steps suggested in the following link by one of our Forum Moderator, Karthik Vengaloor
    on a similar issue.

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Also refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Hope this will help you. Post us back with the results if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 5, 2018
  4. WiFi IP Configuration

Repeated "wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration" error message daily

Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP Configuration is often appear on Windows 10/8.1/7 based operating system. The average Windows user encountered the problem when wanting to connect to a Wi-Fi or Local Area Network (LAN) via Ethernet. Here
    is an example of an error message that often appears when connecting to the network:

• Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Local area connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    • Wireless network connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
    try steps here: Fix Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP Configuration | Get Help in Windows 10

dedyprasetiyo724, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi IP Configuration

1. WiFi IP Configuration - Similar Threads - WiFi Configuration

2. Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: this was posted before in Portuguese, got only one answer, here i expect more people seeing this post. From one day to another the connection was not working and when using troubleshooter i got the message "wifi does'nt have a valid configuration" Tried this...
  3. WiFi doesn't have a valid IP Configuration on Windows 10

WiFi doesn't have a valid IP Configuration on Windows 10: Hi, I have been facing this problem for months, I have tried the command prompt with ipconfig renew and release, I have tried turning my IPv6 on and off, I have tried turning off all my windows firewall, I have tried manually add DNS address. At this point I don't know what...
  4. Wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration

Wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration: I cant connect to wifi on my laptop and when I troubleshoot i get the message in the subject line. Ive tried the solutions in multiple forums, videos and articles. I've literally tried everything out there to no avail. Ive released, renewed, configured, reset and restarted...
  5. Assigned Access - configuring wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assigned Access - configuring wifi: I'm setting up an old Surface as a digital picture frame for my mother. I successfully setup Assigned Access, and Autologin for the Kiosk account. So now as soon as you turn it on, the picture frame app starts. Ya! My issue is that the Kiosk account never connects to WiFi,...
  6. Wifi adapter as mobile hotspot is slow, how to configure/troubleshoot?

Wifi adapter as mobile hotspot is slow, how to configure/troubleshoot?: Hi everyone,I am having a Cudy WE3000 wifi adappter for my win10 64 bit PC. I installed the latest driver for it and all the updates for it. Still if I use this adapter as a hotspot in the settings/networks,interne/mobile hotspot, if i connect any device on it the speed on it...
  7. WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Error on Windows 10 Computer

WiFi Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Error on Windows 10 Computer: I have gone through several forums and found users struggling with the Wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error message on their Windows PC. So, here I have come up with the solution to this issue. If you are wondering why are you getting this error message on you...
  8. Windows update deleted my WiFi Configuration

Windows update deleted my WiFi Configuration: 8/12/2020 Last night when I shut down, there was a Windows update waiting. This morning, after the updates applied, I have no WiFi. It's not in Settings. I pressed Windows button + X, clicked the View tab, selected Hidden Devices, there is an exclamation mark on the...
  9. My pc doesnt connect to wifi nor ethernet and doesnt opens configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc doesnt connect to wifi nor ethernet and doesnt opens configuration: Today i tried to boot my pc and it went on a black screen. After a forced restart, i noticed that i was connected to my router but i didnt had internet. I also noticed that windows defender had a warning so when i tried to open Windows defender it freezed the configuration...
  10. My laptop shows message "Wifi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration but the problem fixed...

My laptop shows message "Wifi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration but the problem fixed...: Hi, My laptop shows message"Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration" while my other devices can access internet. It happens when I first open my laptop. I have to restart my laptop and the problem was fixed by itself. It is quite annoying. How to fix this problem...