Windows 10: WiFi IP Configuration

Discus and support WiFi IP Configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Folks, on my new Win 10 Home laptop, I managed to get things the way I wanted them rather easier than I expected. More on that later. - I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roderunner, Feb 9, 2020.

1. WiFi IP Configuration

Hi Folks, on my new Win 10 Home laptop, I managed to get things the way I wanted them rather easier than I expected. More on that later.
    -
    I have to use the Network Troubleshooter everytime i power on.
    This is what happened last time.

WiFi IP Configuration [​IMG]

I tried with this disabled Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10
    It made no difference so I re enabled it.
    I tried Network Reset, when it was done, I did not need to add my Network password.
    I still need to use the Troubleshooter every start up.

:)

Roderunner, Feb 9, 2020

2. WiFi IP Configuration

OK Charlie...I'm back.

A 20-min u-tube video by Britec took me through the following steps:

• Windows Network Diagnostics: Not Fixed...problem with wireless adapter or access point; "wifi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

• Network Reset

• Network Adapters:
      • 1) update driver Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235 version 15.16.0.2.
      • 2) enable/disable driver
      • 3) uninstall driver
      • 4) roll back driver
      • 5) re-updated driver

One note of interest to me was I got sidetracked into the events log and noticed the following...

• Series of events on 13-JUN (I'm wondering if this might be from last time Microsoft pushed a version update???)
      • Device install requested
      • device migrated
      • device configured (netwew01.inf)
      • device installed (netwew01.inf_amd6..........)
      • device started (NETwNe64)
    • Similar series of events occurring several times in the past few days (I believe resulting from troubleshooting activities)
      • device configured (netwew01.inf)
      • device installed (netwew00.inf_amd6.......)
      • device not started (NETwNe64)
    • Similar series of events today (activities from Britec video)
      • device deleted
      • device install requested
      • device not migrated
      • device configured
      • device started
    • Similar series of events today
      • device not migrated
      • device configured (oem66.inf)
      • device not started
      • device installed
      • device not migrated
      • device configured
      • device not started
      • device installed
    So there was one series two days ago where the device didn't start and the last series today it appears to have configured a different .inf device

• Restart in Safe Mode

• Confirm WLAN Auto Config was in Running Mode

• Command Prompts to:
      • Reset Winsock
      • Reset IP Release
      • Review & Flush DN

• Fn Wi-Fi Key on

After all this Britec said if Wi-Fi still wasn't working that there must be something really sinister in the programming or else a hardware failure (most likely Wi-Fi card)

I'm still baffled by the fitbit thing affecting only one connection at a time (home then apartment) and then the guest network at work (without any fitbit thing going on)?

Unless you have any other ideas, I'm ready to cry Uncle and take it to the Geek Squad and get a new wifi card.

Appreciate any feedback you have to offer

Regards - Jim

STemplar007, Feb 9, 2020
  3. "WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you get an error saying that WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration while trying to connect to the network.

This could occur if there is any discrepancy in IP address configuration.

I suggest that you try the steps suggested in the following link by one of our Forum Moderator, Karthik Vengaloor
    on a similar issue.

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Also refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Hope this will help you. Post us back with the results if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 9, 2020
  4. WiFi IP Configuration

Wifi connection IP configuration not valid

I have no internet connection on my laptop. Don't have a valid IP configuration. I have full wifi access on other home devices. Any suggestions please?

Catriona_641, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

WiFi IP Configuration

1. WiFi IP Configuration - Similar Threads - WiFi Configuration

2. Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration: My PC for the last few days hasn't been working properly, it connects to the wifi but it always displays as there being no internet. All my other devices work fine, so I tried resetting the router and that didn't work. I used the troubleshooting tool and it said that wifi...
  3. Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration: My PC for the last few days hasn't been working properly, it connects to the wifi but it always displays as there being no internet. All my other devices work fine, so I tried resetting the router and that didn't work. I used the troubleshooting tool and it said that wifi...
  4. Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Up until this afternoon I have had no issues with the internet on my PC.Now whenever starting my PC it refuses to connect to the internet with the troubleshooting error "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.The internet will work if I reset my router, at which point...
  6. WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Up until this afternoon I have had no issues with the internet on my PC.Now whenever starting my PC it refuses to connect to the internet with the troubleshooting error "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.The internet will work if I reset my router, at which point...
  7. Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration: I just got a new pc from NZXT and on the first day everything was working but now my wifi refuses to connect. Sometimes it just magically fixes itself but the rest of the time it just says "No internet, secured" all my other devices are using the wifi just fine. After running...
  8. Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration

Wifi doesnt have valid IP configuration: I just got a new pc from NZXT and on the first day everything was working but now my wifi refuses to connect. Sometimes it just magically fixes itself but the rest of the time it just says "No internet, secured" all my other devices are using the wifi just fine. After running...
  9. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...
  10. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...