Windows 10: Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop

Discus and support Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with my laptop. Whenever I turn it on, the WiFi is always off even though it was turned on the last time I used it before I turned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarylBlack, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop

I have a problem with my laptop. Whenever I turn it on, the WiFi is always off even though it was turned on the last time I used it before I turned it off. When I tried to turn the WiFi on with the button, it will still show that I'm not connected in any network, and the "x" symbol is still there, the sign that my WiFi is turned off even if I already turned it on with the button. I tried to fix this with troubleshooting. It works. But when I turn off the laptop and turning it on again, the problem will happen again. This problem started when I reset my laptop with the option "keep my files". Please help me!

By the way, this is my laptop's info:

Brand Name: ASUS

System Type: 64 bit

RAM: 2GB

Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version: 1803

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N3350 @ 1.10GHz 1.10GHz

:)

DarylBlack, Jul 7, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop

High Ping when i Turn on the wifi of my laptop

Can you please provide more information?

• What make/model of router do you have?
    • Is it on the latest firmware?
    • If you don't know how to do something with your router, please refer to the user's manual or provide us more information about it so we can assist you better.
    • What make/model of laptops do you have?
    • Is the laptop that causes the high latency of the wireless connection much older than the other devices?
    • Have you scanned the device for malware to make sure it isn't causing any kind of attack inside or outside of your network? (I recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware Free from Ninite.com)
    • What are you pinging when you're monitoring this issue? Google? Your gateway/router?
    High latency in a wireless envirnoment like this one I would assume it is either something overloading from a malicious attack, an old device using a narrower bandwidth causing the router to have to change its channel scopes and having issues doing so (firmware bug), or the router being overloaded trying to manage all the requests over wireless (cheaper home-grade routers can fall flat on their face if too many devices connect to their wireless network(s))...there are other things like channel interference that @remixedcat refers to that are absolutely worth looking into.

Acrylic WiFi is an excellent program. Run it for about 15 minutes, then use Snip to take a screenshot of it (Google: Now to use Microsoft Snip, if you've never used it). You can attach images to a new post or upload them to Techpowerup.org and past the IMG code in your post.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop

1. Wifi Is Always Turned Off When I Open My Laptop - Similar Threads - Wifi Always Turned

2. My laptop crashes when turnning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop crashes when turnning it off: Hi,First of all, thank you for you help in advance.Basically, the laptop is not able to get off. Each time I off it shows a black screen but it still sounds like working for a long time. After that, when turn it on it shows me blue screen and "It seems windows coudn't load...
  3. Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?: My WiFi is turned off. I tried network resetting and updating the drivers but it doesn't work. HELP MEE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wifi-on-my-laptop-turned-off/5ec04b81-01ee-47bb-a8e4-a73e28fa7532
  4. Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my WiFi on my laptop turned off?: My WiFi is turned off. I tried network resetting and updating the drivers but it doesn't work. HELP MEE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wifi-on-my-laptop-turned-off/5ec04b81-01ee-47bb-a8e4-a73e28fa7532
  5. my laptop always deletes everything when i turn it off and back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop always deletes everything when i turn it off and back on: whenever i turn off my laptop, it completely wipes everything when i turn it back on. this is starting to annoy me, how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-always-deletes-everything-when-i-turn-it/1076660b-cbaa-46eb-b758-79915a93d5ad
  6. When I turn off my laptop it restarts.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I turn off my laptop it restarts.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer it immediately starts again, like a restart. Can someone explain to me why does it happen? If I should worry? and, how to fix it?...
  7. wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep

wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep or when I lock it or go to sleep, WiFi automatically disconnects after a couple minutes, it's frustrating because all the updates in the background and activities on the tabs open in the browser are affected.I recently bought my DELL XPS 15.I...
  8. My laptop’s wifi keeps getting turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop’s wifi keeps getting turned off: My laptop’s wifi has been turning off whenever I turn off my laptop. So if I turn off my laptop while it has wifi, and then turn it back on, the wifi will be off. When I check the “Network” to turn the wifi back on, there are no wifi options. The wifi only comes back when I...
  9. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  10. wifi turns off when i pluged ethernetcable

wifi turns off when i pluged ethernetcable: hi to all, I am facing issue in windows 10 after updating, I connect ethernet cable to my laptop. and create hotspot from it. but after update I am facing issue, when I plug ethernet cable in laptop. it turn off my wifi, I want to use both at same time ethernet cable for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi is always turned off

2. wifi turned off when i restart the laptop

3. my wifi is always off even when i on it

4. the wifi turned off and not open ,
  5. how open wifi from my laptop