Windows 10: Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found

Discus and support Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, My wifi is getting disconnected again and again. It also shows 'no wifi networks found'. In actual, there are networks available. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ROHIT_JAIN_786, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found

Hi Team,

My wifi is getting disconnected again and again. It also shows 'no wifi networks found'. In actual, there are networks available.

To overcome this problem, I executed Windows Network Troubleshooter and it is resolving the issue by resetting the wireless adapter and the issue is getting resolved but only for few mins after that again the same issue is occurring. If I disable the wifi from the Network connectionControl Panel-->Network connection, see snip, and enable the wifi adapter, then also issue is getting resolved but for few mins after that facing the same. Attaching snips...

Also today I upgraded my windows from 1909 to the latest version Windows 10 v2004. But the same issue I am facing after upgrading also. Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found e697d5eb-b6d4-4739-af91-d598708da635?upload=true.png Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found 13dbc946-d8b9-421e-ae46-e68990aa927c?upload=true.png Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found 458096b3-b35e-473a-8408-2d89d3e65795?upload=true.png

Ethernet LAN is working fine & there is no issue. Please help me...

:)

ROHIT_JAIN_786, Jun 21, 2020

2. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Jun 21, 2020
  3. pewe Win User
    Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

4. sandila Win User

Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found

wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently.
    I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is
    always connected on the same Wifi network.

Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity each time.

Now the problem is each time I go and disable the connection manually and then enable it does restore the connectivity. Why should I do this ? What is the problem as what is happening.

I thought power management to be a problem so I checked
    How to Check if Connected or Disconnected Modern Standby in Windows 10
    Here is a screenshot of powercg /a on my system

30 days before reading this tutorial Add Networking connectivity in Standby to Power Options in Windows 10 I had added the option to add network connectivity in standby mode. By using the following command powercfg -attributes F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9 -ATTRIB_HIDE
    as mentioned in option one of tutorial.
    However if you see the powercfg /a output
    my system does not have support by firmware
    Code:
    so I hope that did not work. Later on after all this my system performance was not good due to other reasons.
    So I used media creation tool and on that there was an option to upgrade I choose that, the laptop seem to be formatted for system files (that is my understanding if something else happened then I do not know).
    All the settings and apps and device drivers were present as it is.
    I again after a couple of days used media creation tool

So all settings I think got erased.
    However this is not the cause of my problem I am just mentioning to understand what I did.
    2 things I want to know
    1) What is the cause of my network connectivity problems while mobile phones are connected and they don't disconnect in this Wifi network but Laptop does.

2) How to backup my existing device drivers if I format the system.

I am on
    Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)

sandila, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found

1. Wifi is getting disconnected & shows No wifi networks found - Similar Threads - Wifi getting disconnected

2. No wifi networks found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi networks found: I recently moved into my accommodation which has free WiFi and I was able to connect to it with my phone and laptop which runs Windows 11 however my PC which runs Windows 10 cannot find any networks. I have checked my adapter which is "working properly." I have also tried...
  3. Wifi Suddenly Disconnected and Then No Wifi Network Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Suddenly Disconnected and Then No Wifi Network Found: If i use my laptop to browse on the internet, or streaming video, i got no problem. But if i play online games, my wifi suddenly disconnected. And when i try to recconect it, it can't. It says 'Not Connected.' Then i turn off the wifi in windows 10 and turn it on again, it...
  4. No WiFi networks found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No WiFi networks found: As the title says, I've tried network reset, uninstall/update adapter driver, turn on discovery on network and sharing, restart many times. The problem still not fixed Are there any solutions to fix this? I'm so desperate that I've tried many solutions on internet and still...
  5. No wifi networks found

No wifi networks found: Hi All, I have desktop system with windows 10 installed. I bought an iball baton wireless adapter in September 2019 for my desktop and it was working properly till today. 23 may 2020. Now the wifi window just "no wifi networks found". Can anyone please help me with this...
  6. No wifi networks found ?!!

No wifi networks found ?!!: Hi, I have reset my laptop hoping i would fix my problem but nothing has changed. My laptop shows when i press the wifi button that i have no networks. And when i try and troubleshoot it says “investigate router or access point issues”. I have tried many solutions but...
  7. Wifi network disconnects

Wifi network disconnects: My wifi network disconnecting after 10min in my hp laptop windows10 says no internet acesses but my tv and phone both connecting to that wifi without any isssue i tried every solution on internet but not working please help...
  8. No WiFi networks found

No WiFi networks found: Hello, My laptop has a problem with finding WiFi networks. If I try to reset the networking settings and IP config and restart it, it's all fine but after leaving it for a few hours without touching it, it starts having the problem again. The WiFi adapter is on and it says...
  9. No WiFi networks found

No WiFi networks found: Excuse me sir i have been using my system for quite a while now and when i was gaming i lost connection and then i could not connect to any WiFi not even my neighbor's connection. There is an X mark beside my wifi icon. I tried all the troubleshooting steps. This happend...
  10. No Wifi networks found

No Wifi networks found: I've been having this issue for a few weeks now and I'm not sure what the issue is. I have my computer connected via an ethernet cable and use it as a mobile hotspot as I do not receive wireless connections from the router in my room. The pc can receive a wifi connection and...