Windows 10: WiFi is no where to be found.

Discus and support WiFi is no where to be found. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So a few months back, I got this linksys WiFi extender for my pc. It’s was cool and all but I just wanted to switch back to wireless connection. But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndresAvelar, Jun 19, 2019.

1. WiFi is no where to be found.

So a few months back, I got this linksys WiFi extender for my pc. It’s was cool and all but I just wanted to switch back to wireless connection. But I cannot do that, my WiFi is literally no where to be found on win10. It’s no where in my device manager, network and internet, anywhere. And when I try to troubleshoot it, it just tells me to plug the Ethernet back in like it doesn’t even know what wireless connection is. I’ve tried so many things to fix this so if someone could actually help I would be so great full.

:)

AndresAvelar, Jun 19, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 27, 2019
  4. WiFi is no where to be found.

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

WiFi is no where to be found.

1. WiFi is no where to be found. - Similar Threads - WiFi where found

2. Folder Is no where to be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Is no where to be found: Yesterday I made a folder, and decided to give it a custom Icon. I used the custom icon, but saw it had a border so I found a new icon for the folder and deleted the previous one, before removing the icon. Now that folder is gone, completely gone. First I went to the command...
  3. Netgear wifi not found

Netgear wifi not found: I just got net gear wifi but it wont show up i went on the website deleted and reinstall the wifi thing refreshed alot but nothing my brothers computer found it and connected to it with no problems help...
  4. No wifi networks found ?!!

No wifi networks found ?!!: Hi, I have reset my laptop hoping i would fix my problem but nothing has changed. My laptop shows when i press the wifi button that i have no networks. And when i try and troubleshoot it says “investigate router or access point issues”. I have tried many solutions but...
  5. iTunes.exe - where is it found?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes.exe - where is it found?: I installed iTunes on my PC in order to backup my iPhone apps and data. The installation was made from the Microsoft Store. However, I cannot find where itunes.exe is located on my PC. The Windows Start menu does have an entry for iTunes, which I used for my backup, but does...
  6. iTunes.exe - where is it found?

in Windows 10 Support
    iTunes.exe - where is it found?: I installed iTunes on my PC in order to backup my iPhone apps and data. The installation was made from the Microsoft Store. However, I cannot find where itunes.exe is located on my PC. The Windows Start menu does have an entry for iTunes, which I used for my backup, but does...
  7. No WiFi networks found

No WiFi networks found: Hello, My laptop has a problem with finding WiFi networks. If I try to reset the networking settings and IP config and restart it, it's all fine but after leaving it for a few hours without touching it, it starts having the problem again. The WiFi adapter is on and it says...
  8. No Wifi networks found

No Wifi networks found: I've been having this issue for a few weeks now and I'm not sure what the issue is. I have my computer connected via an ethernet cable and use it as a mobile hotspot as I do not receive wireless connections from the router in my room. The pc can receive a wifi connection and...
  9. where is "all programs" found?

in Windows 10 Customization
    where is "all programs" found?: where is "all programs" found? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/where-is-all-programs-found/8555e5a9-765d-4428-87ee-35a930e4ca6c
  10. WiFi adapter not found

WiFi adapter not found: Downloaded a reputable program called "WiFi Analyzer" to see adjacent WiFi signals (neighbors, etc.) and evaluate if I am getting interference or a weak signal. On boot the program reports "WiFi Adapter not found". I'm pretty dense on this topic since I mainly work from a...