Windows 10: Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!

Discus and support Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wifi is on but it is not showing a single wifi connection, I have tried reinstalling of drivers from device managers but it doesn't work, kindly reply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by akshayverma_882, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!

Wifi is on but it is not showing a single wifi connection, I have tried reinstalling of drivers from device managers but it doesn't work, kindly reply asap. What are the possible causes for the same, kindly give some suggestions.

Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections! e641bd4a-12f2-4e1b-9e25-a192fc9f3806?upload=true.png

:)

akshayverma_882, Jul 1, 2020

2. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Hannelore Win User
    Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections! :) Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!

1. Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections! - Similar Threads - Wifi showing connections

2. Wifi connections are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connections are not showing up: After my wifi connections weren't showing up, I factory restarted my computer and they are STILL not showing up. The only option available on the Let's connect you to a network screen is ethernet and I cant press that or anything. Please help....
  3. Wifi connections are not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connections are not showing up: After my wifi connections weren't showing up, I factory restarted my computer and they are STILL not showing up. The only option available on the Let's connect you to a network screen is ethernet and I cant press that or anything. Please help....
  4. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  5. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  6. 5ghz Wifi showing no connection

5ghz Wifi showing no connection: Ello, i got my new PC a few days ago without ethernet and instead opting for a usb wifi adapter. I have checked everything and my pc does support 5ghz wifi, but whenever i connect to it it shows no connection see attachment [ATTACH] I would like some help with this, thanks...
  7. Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.: This started happening today only. Only thing I've changed since yesterday is disabling lock screen in group policy. Restarting doesn't help. Troubleshooter runs for 5+ minutes, and doesn't show any problems. However, wifi gets connected once troubleshooter finishes. It...
  8. PC shows "Connected" Android device shows "Couldn't Connect"

PC shows "Connected" Android device shows "Couldn't Connect": With bluetooth My Windows 10 Home PC and S10+ will pair. The PC shows "Connected" but my S10+ shows "Couldn't Connect". Searched this forum and others and have tried every possible fix several times. PC Sharing is ON. Tried two different bluetooth dongles. Uninstalled and...
  9. Not showing WiFi connection

Not showing WiFi connection: I am using hp laptop with windows 10 .The laptop can't get identify any WiFi networks.But it can connect through ethernet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-wifi-connection/d0653e48-49f9-433d-8611-a3bac0c4823b
  10. WiFi network not showing or connecting

WiFi network not showing or connecting: My acer laptop runs win10 .I usually use internet by connecting with wifi.But now it is neither showing any network nor connecting.I have run network trouble shooter .It asks to turn on wireless capability.But it is already on .I disabled wireless and enable it again.But same...