Windows 10: Wifi is not showing up

Discus and support Wifi is not showing up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, until yesterday, everything was fine. Today the wifi icon and option disappeared on the screen and I can't see available networks anymore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dhruvilparikh, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Wifi is not showing up

Hi, until yesterday, everything was fine. Today the wifi icon and option disappeared on the screen and I can't see available networks anymore. Moreover, I believe under network adaptors, there was not wireless wifi driver anymore. I tried to install a driver from Acer's website that suited my model and I did. But it still didn't show up and I really don't know what to do. Kindly help.

:)

dhruvilparikh, Sep 18, 2021

2. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Sep 18, 2021
  3. pewe Win User
    Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

Wifi is not showing up [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

Wifi is not showing up [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

4. 3Colors Win User

Wifi is not showing up

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Wifi is not showing up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Wifi is not showing up

1. Wifi is not showing up - Similar Threads - Wifi showing

2. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections: For some reason my laptop won’t connect to internet and I don’t how to fix it because my wifi won’t show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-doesnt-show-up-in-network-connections/3c54996e-fd75-4f2c-bee3-b65c331e02ad
  3. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections: For some reason my laptop won’t connect to internet and I don’t how to fix it because my wifi won’t show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-doesnt-show-up-in-network-connections/3c54996e-fd75-4f2c-bee3-b65c331e02ad
  4. Wifi doesn’t show up in network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. in my pcinwin10 showing a wifi connection 2 timeslike tenda00 and tenda002 and connecting...

in my pcinwin10 showing a wifi connection 2 timeslike tenda00 and tenda002 and connecting...: please help me showing is showing about 2 days and i already have reset network but it's not solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-pcinwin10-showing-a-wifi-connection-2/01af74f3-43cd-411e-a550-5a85f7c30c52
  6. Wifi not showing up but connected and working

Wifi not showing up but connected and working: Hi, I dont know why but after a while when I was using my pc I couldn't see the available wifis network's but I was connected to my home wifi. Is this a problem that has been alr resolved or am I the only having it?...
  7. Unable to find my own WiFi while it’s showing others

Unable to find my own WiFi while it’s showing others: Backstory is I installed windows 10 on my hp because I originally deleted to os for another os that wasn’t windows and I installed it back but it’s on a 2016 version and I quickly tried to update everything using Ethernet cable because it wasn’t showing my home WiFi....
  8. When i click the no wifi button on the task bar no options show up

When i click the no wifi button on the task bar no options show up: When i click the no wifi button on the task bar, it shows up with no wifi options after i uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapter.I have no idea how to fix this. my pc doesnt even have a wifi button so i dont even know if the wifi is off or on...
  9. WiFi not showing under Network Connections

WiFi not showing under Network Connections: Above is my available Network Connections. I have been using ethernet for 10 years, but now I moved and need to connect to my new WiFi wireless instead of with Ethernet. I've watched all the videos regarding this subject and none is working. Any way to make the WiFi network...
  10. Windows 10 won't show WiFi networks only Ethernet works

Windows 10 won't show WiFi networks only Ethernet works: Hi,For some reason maybe it was after updating Windows overnight now I can't connect to WiFi or even see WiFI networks to connect to.I tried connecting my laptop to the internet via an Ethernet cable and it works, but WiFi is just not an option anymore..All my other devices...