Windows 10: WiFi is not working at all

Discus and support WiFi is not working at all in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, Today, I have updated the operating system of my laptop with windows 10 with erasing all files from the previous version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bikash Jana, Aug 4, 2019.

1. WiFi is not working at all

Dear Microsoft Community,

Today, I have updated the operating system of my laptop with windows 10 with erasing all files from the previous version (win 7). After the up gradation, I have faced two major problems:

1. After installation of any programmer, I have restarted the laptop and for every startup it is showing a error message named 'Your PC run into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and we'll restart for you.'

2. The WiFi is not working and unfortunately, I am unable to turn on the WiFi. The WiFi button is truing off after a wink form the starting. I have Sony VAIO laptop with model no VPCEH36EN. Before win 10, there was an interface named 'VAIO Smart Network' for WiFi. Right now, I can't found the interface and searched from the SONY support also and didn't find anything for win 10. Though the device manager shows that the driver for the WiFi is installed and updated. But, i did not able to get anything.

Thanking you in advanced. I will be more than happy if you suggest me to solve these above problems.

With regards

:)

Bikash Jana, Aug 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 4, 2019
  4. WiFi is not working at all

Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works that way.
    I had a vpn installed on my windows 7 system and read that this may be to blame. I reverted back to win 7 and uninstalled it but when I reupgraded to 10 I still have the same issue. I found the following instructions for a fix.. Fortunately – there is a solution.
    "Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu.
    Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key
    reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
    Step 3 – Enter the below command into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key
    netcfg -v -u dni_dne
    Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks within range."
    However when I try step 1 it says "error: invalid key name. Type "reg delete /?" For usage."
    Any help is greatly appreciated as I will have to revert back again if I can't get it working.

MonsterFish, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

WiFi is not working at all

1. WiFi is not working at all - Similar Threads - WiFi working

2. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  3. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  4. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing: wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-are-not-working-properlysometimes-its/1c5da381-0d7d-44cc-8f62-43cd209d4627
  6. wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing

wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing: wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-are-not-working-properlysometimes-its/1c5da381-0d7d-44cc-8f62-43cd209d4627
  7. wifi driver are not working properly,sometimes its visible othertime its missing

8. Wifi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not working: I have windows 11. My wifi disconnects automatically and then doesn't work. It doesn't show any available networks. I cannot turn the wifi on-off. I tried troubleshooting but it's stuck on the first step which is of restarting the WiFi adaptor. This is beyond frustrating....
  9. Wifi not working

Wifi not working: I have windows 11. My wifi disconnects automatically and then doesn't work. It doesn't show any available networks. I cannot turn the wifi on-off. I tried troubleshooting but it's stuck on the first step which is of restarting the WiFi adaptor. This is beyond frustrating....
  10. Thinkpad wifi works on Linux, but not on Windows

Thinkpad wifi works on Linux, but not on Windows: Hi, I just got a refurbished Thinkpad Yoga L13 Gen 4. It came with no os, so I installed linux on it, had 0 issues, but now that I want to try installing windows 10 or 11 normally, but whenever I get to the network screen, there are no networks I can connect to. So I tried...