Windows 10: Wifi is very degraded on one comp and a PS4, ok on new device

Discus and support Wifi is very degraded on one comp and a PS4, ok on new device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a computer running Windows 10 upgrade and a PS4 that are attached to a wifi router. I am getting a down load speed of aprox 1-1.4 Mbps down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cremaster, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Cremaster Win User

Wifi is very degraded on one comp and a PS4, ok on new device

I have a computer running Windows 10 upgrade and a PS4 that are attached to a wifi router. I am getting a down load speed of aprox 1-1.4 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. An other computer that connects to the same router is working great with almost 100 Mbps down.

I know longer know the required stuff that has to be set up on the adaptor. Could it be something as simple as missing a service or something?

Any thoughts or suggestions encouraged and appreciated.

:)

Cremaster, Sep 6, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

Wifi is very degraded on one comp and a PS4, ok on new device sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Sep 6, 2018
  4. henasith Win User

PS4 external play options

MKV is a container format which can hold unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file, but PS4 can play MKV files with the following specification:
    • H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2
    • MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

Once the MKV you add to PS4 does not meet the above requirements, the problem occurs.

To solve the issue, there are many methods and here list two of them:

1. Handbrake is the go to free converter for video files on Mac.

HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Install it and then point it at one of your MKV files and convert to one of the preset MP4 defaults in the Handbrake sidebar. Under "Regular" you should be fine with "Normal" or "High Profile" settings.

2. A step by step guide on Does PS4 Play MKV.

The article introduces a detailed guide to help you solve PS4 won't play MKV issue.

henasith, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi is very degraded on one comp and a PS4, ok on new device - Similar Threads - Wifi very degraded

2. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 11: Hello, I have a new Dell XPS with i7 processor running Windows 11. My wifi speeds have been painfully slow. I have 300mb bandwidth but average 20mb on my laptop and sometimes much less. While all my other devices average 250-200mb. Any recommendations? Thank you....
  3. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 11: Hello, I have a new Dell XPS with i7 processor running Windows 11. My wifi speeds have been painfully slow. I have 300mb bandwidth but average 20mb on my laptop and sometimes much less. While all my other devices average 250-200mb. Any recommendations? Thank you....
  4. Using a new device to game and some of the key comps don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a new device to game and some of the key comps don't work: So I recently bought a new Asus X515 and later in the day as i was gaming, i held down Shift+Space I can't press E together with it for some reason I can press it but it wouldn't input into my device, anyone have a solution for this or it's just the model that's the problem?...
  5. WiFi speed degraded but ethernet is good

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi speed degraded but ethernet is good: I have 1Gb internet and multiple devices. Every device is getting nearly 500Mbps on Wifi while Dell Precision 7530 stopped seeing this speed and now tests only 20-60Mbps Hard wired on ethernet it tests at 800Mbps. Other devices such as HP and MSF laptops, and phones still...
  6. My laptop is very not ok

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is very not ok: Ok so on Monday I closed my Lenovo laptop and went to bed. I woke up in the morning to find all my files had been moved to Windows>Users>user. I had a quick panic attack before putting everything back. I yet again closed my laptop down yesterday and it has done the same...
  7. WiFi speed degraded, Ethernet fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi speed degraded, Ethernet fine: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running a dual boot with Ubuntu. I have line-of-sight internet that runs at speeds of ~15 MB/s. Just before Christmas I noticed that the internet speed on my laptop dropped from ~15 MB/s to ~4 MB/s. If I use an ethernet cable off the modem...
  8. New comp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New comp.: Looking to get a new gaming comp. but on a budget would like to keep,it under $700. Looking at the dell inspiration 5675 as one.. also see these cyber power systems but don't know much about them. Any help would be great. Thanks 116890
  9. No wifi. Lan Ok.

No wifi. Lan Ok.: My wifi is gone after the useless upadate. This laptop is useless without wifi. Cant do my job. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wifi-lan-ok/de61763d-c333-4de1-8aaa-9c081852ab8f
  10. Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..

Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..: Anyone use this feature? From what I gather it can use wifi or bluetooth, defaults to wifi as its faster, but still uses bluetooth for device discovery? Im at a loss, my main pc can see my backup, and share to it. My backup cannot see the main pc with modern sharing however....