Windows 10: Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable.

Discus and support Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Asus PCE-AC56 wifi card. Asus claims this card supports 5Ghz connection but after further review, I found out it technically does but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jmaebebae, Jul 13, 2019.

1. jmaebebae Win User

Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable.

I have an Asus PCE-AC56 wifi card. Asus claims this card supports 5Ghz connection but after further review, I found out it technically does but the range of 5Ghz channels that this card can read is low which is causing me to get lag spikes on everything I do. I recently found this wifi card on Newegg, the Fenvi FV-2030T. It is a m.2 to PCIe converter since it uses an Intel 9260 card. My question is: the Newegg description states that my modem "MUST BE ON 160MHZ". Does this mean this card cannot connect to 5Ghz bands unless the modem has 160Mhz? Will 161Mhz work? What is the difference between 160 and 161Mhz?(My modem has 161 but not 160). If there is a more stable wifi card that can connect to 5Ghz without an issue, please link it to me.

Also, is it normal for me to loose packets on the 5th, 6th, and 11th hop when I type in "tracert www.google.com" in CMD?

If anyone has the Asus wifi card that I currently have, what advanced settings should I change to be able to use the 5Ghz channels at an optimized level? Because there are a lot of advanced settings here that I have no idea what they mean like "WMM" and "WZC IBSS Channel Number". If any of these setting are affecting my speed let me know. I am hoping to be able to fix this card instead of purchasing the Fenvi.

:)

jmaebebae, Jul 13, 2019

2. wifi issues

ok so i'm getting these bluescreens every once and awhile now, ever since i put in a new airlink usb wifi adapter thingy.

heres a screenie:

Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable. Photo_101806_001.jpg

sorry for the quality, its my pda's camera....

i'm thinking its the wifi usb dongle thats causing the problems. it tends to get a bit warm, and when the system bluescreens, the blue status light on it turns off.

any suggestions on how to remedy this? its starting to get irritating when i have to do big downloads, and it bluescreens.

thx!

randomperson21, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Aevum Win User
    wifi issues

theres a few reasons why this could be happening

1) shitty drivers, update drivers, if not solved, then next time get a decent brand or look for wifi devices with same chipset, their drivers could work here,

2) Power issue,
    a normal usb device can suck up to 120mA off the usb, but some devices can negotiate up to 550mA, USB wifi devices usualy suck the entire 550mA, some boards cant handle that, depends on the board, the psu, could cause instability, usualy resolved by using a usb hub with external power supply to feed the juice,

3) Windows power managment, be sure to turn off power managment for the wifi connector in the device administration,

4) what else is on the same USB hub ? even if its different ports on the board, they could be part of the same logical or fisical hub, take that in to account, rearrange your usb devices

Aevum, Jul 13, 2019
  4. AsphyxiA Win User

Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable.

Best WIFI card for Linux

i have not had a whole lot of luck with the wrappers plus there are a lot of supported wifi cards out there. I think I might just go with either Atheros or Ralink based card. Ralinks probably on the top of the list.

AsphyxiA, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Wifi Issues(A lot of issues). Asking if this wifi card I am looking at will be stable. - Similar Threads - Wifi Issues lot

2. Game lags, lots of wifi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lags, lots of wifi issues: So this has been going for a while now. Every time I play a game I lag. Even on ethernet cable. Furthermore download/upload speeds are horrible. At one point it reached below 10mbps without anyone using wifi. Keep in mind this does not happen for other devices and for other...
  3. Game lags, lots of wifi issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game lags, lots of wifi issues: So this has been going for a while now. Every time I play a game I lag. Even on ethernet cable. Furthermore download/upload speeds are horrible. At one point it reached below 10mbps without anyone using wifi. Keep in mind this does not happen for other devices and for other...
  4. WIFI is not stable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI is not stable: After the update 2 weeks ago and after the helped I get to resolve the issue I was able to install the update however this time my network connection is not stable. Im connected via WIFI and it will disconnect sometime....
  5. WIFI is not stable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI is not stable: After the update 2 weeks ago and after the helped I get to resolve the issue I was able to install the update however this time my network connection is not stable. Im connected via WIFI and it will disconnect sometime....
  6. WIFI is not stable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I am having Wifi Issues.

I am having Wifi Issues.: I am having issues with WiFi connectivity. Every time I try to connect to the WiFi after switching on my Laptop, I get the message "can't connect to this network" even though the other devices are working fine with the same network. Every single time I have to remove the...
  8. PCI WiFi card issues

PCI WiFi card issues: Device Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Product Name: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Windows Version: x64 Windows 10 Home Ver.1903(OS Build 18362.449) So, my issue started occurring after installing some optional windows updates. The updates were; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...
  9. PCI WiFi card issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI WiFi card issues: Device Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Product Name: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Windows Version: x64 Windows 10 Home Ver.1903(OS Build 18362.449) So, my issue started occurring after installing some optional windows updates. The updates were; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...
  10. Wifi issue

Wifi issue: Hello I was using My Wifi Router v3.00 on my HP Probook 450 G1 since last week on Windows 7. After upgraded to Windows 10 the software says "reactivating" but never being Activated // It also says the Wifi device of my laptop is not supported !!!! is it a driver issue ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix low letancy spikes with fenvi fv-2030t