Windows 10: WiFi issues after the last update

Discus and support WiFi issues after the last update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have issues with the wifi adapter after the last update because my laptop (HP ProBook 440 G5) can't find any network. I checked the adapters and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jayraxs_, May 17, 2020.

1. WiFi issues after the last update

I have issues with the wifi adapter after the last update because my laptop (HP ProBook 440 G5) can't find any network.

I checked the adapters and only see the Ethernet adapter so my next step was to check the network adapter in the device manager but doesn't show me the wireless adapter on the list.

I tried to do troubleshooting like: 1. Reinstall the drivers from the HP support page (nothing happens/change after the installation) -Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

1. Reinstall the drivers from the HP Recovery Manager option (HP wireless button driver, Realtek rtk8xxx series wireless lan drivers)

2. Network reset

3. Yes, I check the wifi/airplane button and is activated.

I don't know if I'm trying to install the wrong driver or If I need to do something else.

Right now I'm using my red cable and works great.

here you can see some screenshots

Any help?

submitted by /u/jayraxs_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jayraxs_, May 17, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 17, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    wifi issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X.

• Select Device manager

• Next select ‘Network Adapters’ and under it, you will find a Wi-Fi controller listed. Select it.

• Double-click the controller to open the adapter’s Property window and switch to ‘Drivers’ tab

• Next, click the ‘Disable’ button and hit ‘Ok’ to apply the changes. See if it helps

Method 2 : Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 3.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 17, 2020
  4. deving Win User

WiFi issues after the last update

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 17, 2020
Thema:

WiFi issues after the last update

1. WiFi issues after the last update - Similar Threads - WiFi issues last

2. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after last update: Hi As written in the title I have some issues with this update.When I right click on the desktop it only shows part of the right click option context like so:Naturally when I delete the update it goes back to normal, but I don't want to delete every update that cause this...
  3. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after last update: Hi As written in the title I have some issues with this update.When I right click on the desktop it only shows part of the right click option context like so:Naturally when I delete the update it goes back to normal, but I don't want to delete every update that cause this...
  4. ISSUES AFTER LAST UPDATE IN LATE JUNE

in Windows 10 Customization
    ISSUES AFTER LAST UPDATE IN LATE JUNE: I have the desktop task bar "pinned" to my task bar. Before the last update, it was further to the right. Now it is about 1/4 of the way from the farthest right side edge and even though it has the two little bars to move it, it WILL NOT move to the right only to the left....
  5. Major issues after last update......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major issues after last update......: Last MS update really mad a mess of my system, constantly disconnecting from internet and sometimes fail to recognize the network adapter as well. And yes I have already updated the drivers for the adapter and they are all fine expect Windows who seems incapable to uphold a...
  6. D:\ drive issues after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D:\ drive issues after last update: [ATTACH] I have two drives 1TB C:\ drive SSD and 2TB D:\ drive standard hard drive. The D:\ drive vanished after the last auto-update so I went into Disk Management. Disk management shows "D: 1863.01 GB Healthy (Primary Partition)" and "Online" but it appears the disk...
  7. LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE: I have a Broadcom wifi that no longer works and have been unable to reset even after a reinstall HELP. There is only a usb and no ethernet as is a LINX 12/64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-last-update/8dce5a7c-c9ef-4075-b43c-3f6d091ea10e
  8. WiFi reboot after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi reboot after last update: hi guys, after update my windows at the last version my wiFi reboot every time, how do i fix that ? i have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-reboot-after-last-update/9642e8a5-0dc4-404c-8fb6-b94ecb19cc0e
  9. USB 3.0 issues after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 issues after last update: Hi. My USB pen is not recognized when put in usb 3.0 slot (2.0 is ok): everytime I put it in 3.0 slot, often it shows event id 122 in my event viewer. Randomly it was recognized just one time in about 8-9 tries. Any hints? thanks and good night. Joe UPDATE: ok dudes,...
  10. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues after last update: Both my sons PC and my PC are having issues after that last windows update. We keep randomly losing the Mapped local drives from our PC. The most annoying thing so far is iTunes won't load because it won't connect to the library on the mapped drive. If we try and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost wifi driver with windows 10 update