Windows 10: Wifi issues [Device or resource (DNS server is not responding]

Discus and support Wifi issues [Device or resource (DNS server is not responding] in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Disclaimer: This is actually my girlfriends' PC that she's been having issues with. I'm unfortunately not able to physically access the PC as she's in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Reubenno, May 8, 2020.

1. Reubenno Win User

Wifi issues [Device or resource (DNS server is not responding]

Disclaimer: This is actually my girlfriends' PC that she's been having issues with. I'm unfortunately not able to physically access the PC as she's in another country. This is her post largely but I've added some more technical aspects to it. Thank you.
    I have some Internet issues for the last few days and I am just running out of ideas.
    First my specs (no idea if you need that all, but better safe than sorry):
    Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-D (MS-7996)
    Processor : Intel Core i5-6500 @3.29GHz
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    Ram: 16 GB
    My Windows is installed on my Samsung SSD 850 EVO.

Ethernet is not an option the only option I have is WiFi, I'm using a PCI wifi card with the Intel Wireless-Ace 9260 Chip. I am also living on the country side and my plan is only 16Mbps to begin with. (higher is not possible where I live) Even though I have quite a limited Internet speed, everything worked fine the last few months. I am playing online games, was even able to stream some games in decent quality. Now a few days back all of a sudden my Internet cut out completely, I assumed it was an issue with my provider, no biggie, and went to bed.
    Now the next morning my Internet was still not working on my PC, on my phone everything worked well.

I have tried [regarding the router]:
    Restarting it physically
    Restarting it through software
    Resetting the router to factory

I have tried [regarding my PC]:
    Setting a manual DNS server to Google [8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4]
    Windows Troubleshooter and I got the following message: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource (DNS server) is not responding.
    Disabling my firewall and anti virus programs.
    Restarting my PC
    Flushed DNS, and used Ipconfig through CMD.
    Disabling IPV6, all power saving options.
    Checking for any viruses with Malwarebytes and Bitdefender.
    Whenever I got my Internet back, the first 2-3 minutes it works fine and I get my usual speed back, but then it just drops down again to around 250Kbps MAX! , it's just not usable.
    The longest it worked for was roughly 30 minutes after I factory reset the router.
    No updates happened before the issue started occurring. I have set my Windows to update only manually and I also haven't installed any new programs. After the issue started I updated my Windows, I am now on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909; Build 18363.815. I updated my WiFi cards driver and am now on the most recent driver.
    I have also tried disabling my WiFi card and to use a WiFi USB dongle [802.11ac Wireless LAN Card] instead, I have the same issues there. That's what leads me to the suspicion it would have to do with software issues maybe? Since my phone has no issues connecting with the Internet at all, if I do a speed test on my phone it also shows the best results possible.

What can I do? Does anyone have other ideas?
    Thank you in advance for any help with my issues.

:)

Reubenno, May 8, 2020

2. computer ok but The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding

hello

i have my wifi + internet connected working fine but when i try browsing i can't load anything.

the net adapter win 10 troubleshoot report

"Your Computer Appears To Be Correctly Configured, But The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding"

I set my DNS on ipv4 with OpenDNS and/or google and all working for a while ....

At the moment i wake up the pc from suspend and i impact on the same issue.

Anybody can point me to troubleshoot better the issue and fix it ?

thanks *Wink

blueskyler, May 8, 2020
  3. AminYa Win User
    Cannot connect to internet - Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

I am able to get connected to my wireless router but I can not connect to the internet and I see a warning sign over the wifi sign in the tray list. I ran the internet troubleshooting and the result was this:

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

The device or resource is not responding to requests.

Code:

Issues found Detection details 

6 Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server) Detected Detected

The device or resource is not responding to requests. 

Contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) Completed 

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server). If you are at home, contact your ISP. Otherwise, contact your network administrator for assistance. 

I have tried the
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2779064/your-computer-appears-to-be-correctly-configured-but-the-device-or-res
    and https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues
    solutions

AminYa, May 8, 2020
  4. Delade Win User

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server) Detected Detected The device or resource is not responding to requests.

I’ve been getting this error for the past few days on my computer.

It happens around 1-10 times per hour and disconnects me from the internet for about 30 seconds, then my internet goes back to normal.

What I’ve tried to fix this:

• Made sure DPCP Client and DNS Client are running in services.msc
    • Tried both Obtain DNS server address automatically and using a static DNS server address (currently have it set to obtain automatically as that was my default)
    As admin, I’ve run the following commands (with some computer restarts):

• ipconfig/flushdns
    • ipconfig/registerdns
    • ipconfig/release
    • ipconfig/renew
    • netsh int ip reset
    I've also restarted my router, but nothing has worked so far. As far as I know this computer is the only one affected by it and this issue has started happening after a clean windows install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Delade, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Wifi issues [Device or resource (DNS server is not responding] - Similar Threads - Wifi issues Device

2. dns server not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns server not responding: dns server not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/8ead3d5a-127f-450c-982b-fb38a781243b
  3. DNS server not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server not responding: Using Windows 10One website loading fineAny other is unreachable - troubleshooting saying "DNS server is not responding" WiFi connection is perfectly fine through my phone I have searched the other responses but they haven't worked... help!...
  4. DNS Server is not responding

DNS Server is not responding: Sadly this is my 3rd problem with my 1month old Lenovo y540. So, yesterday, I casually surf the internet and then suddenly my wifi was dead maybe electricity stuff, maintenance or something and that's usually normal for me & will turned on again in few minutes. The thing is,...
  5. DNS Server not responding

DNS Server not responding: Having some internet connection issues lately. Today the error message was: The DNS Server isn't responding. Details show: Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn't exist. We've had CenturyLink out recently. They confirmed we were/are...
  6. DNS Server Not Responding

DNS Server Not Responding: Error message: DNS server is not responding. The screen shots they show to fix it don't match my Windows 10 screens. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/f3e136f5-e7c7-427d-80f3-95803abbaa71
  7. DNS server not responding.

DNS server not responding.: Yesterday (the 31st of August), my connection went funny. I thought it would fix itself as it often does, but after it didn't and even after trying manually, I ended-up doing a troubleshoot. It came back with "DNS server is not responding". I went to my router and unplugged...
  8. DNS server is not responding

DNS server is not responding: Whenever i try to open a page and browse the internet, it says i have no internet connection and reports that my DNS server is not responding. Ive been trouble shooting for a whole day, this is the second day it continues to be down....
  9. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/e5939f0f-55dd-4c90-bcd9-75e4eef69c79
  10. computer ok but The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding

computer ok but The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding: hello i have my wifi + internet connected working fine but when i try browsing i can't load anything. the net adapter win 10 troubleshoot report "Your Computer Appears To Be Correctly Configured, But The Device Or Resource (DNS Server) Is Not Responding" I set my DNS on...