Windows 10: WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station

Discus and support WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I broke my mini display port, so for a couple of months was using a USB to connect to a old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Burnsie83, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Burnsie83 Win User

WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station

Hi.

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10.

I broke my mini display port, so for a couple of months was using a USB to connect to a old monitor., When I did this I had intermittent WiFi issues where the WiFi just wouldn't work on my Surface. I tried on my phone, worked fine. I disconnected my second monitor, worked fine.

Fast forward to now, an I've bought a docking station so can not connect using the docking stations mini display port. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks.

However, yesterday I noticed the same issue with the WiFi. Also, I have connected a large external hard drive to my docking station (for use to store/edit photos) via USB3 connection. Also noted yesterday that the PC cannot find the HD that time of asking (I didn't try re connecting it).

Finally, when using the docking station, sometimes my Surface fails to start up (gets stuck on the "surface" screen). This also happened when I was using the USB connection as a second screen a few months ago.

Thus it seems an issue with the surface/windows rather than the hardware.

Any advice?

Thanks

:)

Burnsie83, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Dual Monitors connecting to Docking Station

I have an HP laptop, running Windows 7, with an HP docking station. I also have dual LG monitors. I have one monitor connected through the VGA port. I have a Displayport to HDMI cable for the second monitor. The display ports on the docking station
    are ++. The HDMI monitor will wake up when connected, it asks if I want to connect, but I cannot answer OK. It then goes to sleep. I have the monitors set to extend, and I keep the laptop closed. Both monitors work, using the VGA, so I know it isn't a
    monitor issue. Suggestions?

BDe Vries1, Oct 22, 2019
  4. WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station

1. WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station - Similar Threads - WiFi issues using

2. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.: Dell Precision 7540 docked to a WD19WDS with dual S2722DC monitors only works when I use integrated GPU, when I disable the integrated GPU and try to use my Nvidia Quadro TRX 3000 GPU, the PC only detects one monitor. I have updated drives and performed all the self check...
  3. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.: Dell Precision 7540 docked to a WD19WDS with dual S2722DC monitors only works when I use integrated GPU, when I disable the integrated GPU and try to use my Nvidia Quadro TRX 3000 GPU, the PC only detects one monitor. I have updated drives and performed all the self check...
  4. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor not detected via docking station.: Hello my friends,Today I have received a new docking station, but I am having some trouble connecting my second monitor to it main monitor is working. I am trying to connect:1x 4K 60Hz via DisplayLink WORKING1x FHD 60Hz via HDMI NOT DETECTEDI am using this Baseus docking...
  6. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor not detected via docking station.: Hello my friends,Today I have received a new docking station, but I am having some trouble connecting my second monitor to it main monitor is working. I am trying to connect:1x 4K 60Hz via DisplayLink WORKING1x FHD 60Hz via HDMI NOT DETECTEDI am using this Baseus docking...
  7. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Docking station issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking station issue: I connected a docking station and when i close my laptop the monitors close also. how do I use my keyboard and mouse when laptop is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-issue/f18b0c39-e96f-4e79-941a-3cb3f1e6bd72
  9. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...
  10. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...