Windows 10: Wifi keep connecting to open unsecured Telecom wifi network after update to Windows Windows...

Discus and support Wifi keep connecting to open unsecured Telecom wifi network after update to Windows Windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am also experiencing frequent forced connection to open unsecured Telecom Wifi network after a forced update to Windows Windows 10.0.17134... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonQ_188, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Wifi keep connecting to open unsecured Telecom wifi network after update to Windows Windows...

Hi,

I am also experiencing frequent forced connection to open unsecured Telecom Wifi network after a forced update to Windows Windows 10.0.17134 Build 17134. Wifi keep disconnecting and connecting to a open unscured Telecom network, and then connect to my wifi again every few minutes. I have tried all possible way trying to stabilize my preferred wifi network but still keep connecting by itself to external wifi without my permission, including update of driver but still same problem. I have even bought a new external USB wifi adapter but still same problem. From most user, it seem it is the problem of windows 10, and not driver problem. Can Microsoft do something to fix this problem soon as it is very irritating to disconnect and connect every now and then in a day. Wifi is important, and I hope Microsoft can do something or a tool to help us to resolve this instead of blaming on the driver. Just wondering why the connection can connect to another Wifi network without my permission. My wifi signal is strong, but still connect itself automatically to an open wifi network.

I am not able to roll back to my last version of Windows 10 after the 10 days of trying. etc... Hope your side can help. Or advise what is the best adaptor in the market that can work with your windows 10.0.17134?

Hope somebody from Microsoft can help.

Thanks,

Jason

:)

JasonQ_188, Sep 10, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

Is it illegal to connect to an unsecured network?

the legality of using any unsecured wireless network is very uncertain at the moment.

In Germany it is now illegal to have an unsecured wifi network (yes that right - if i was to connect to an unsecure network and download movies/music etc....the owner of the wifi is responsible even if there is outright proof that he did not perform the download)

Quote from BBC news:

German citizens are responsible for the security of their own private wireless connections, a court has ruled.

The ruling comes after a musician sued the owner of a network connection that had been used to illegally download and file-share music.

The owner had proof that the householder was on holiday at the time but the court ruled that the network should have been password-protected.

In the UK, the law currently states that it is not illegal to connect to an unsecured wireless LAN, however it is illegal to use someone elses bandwidth or services without their consent. (as a side note for anyone who runs an ftp service or allows inbound connections, ALWAYS put a login banner stating that access is only for authorised users, this is legally binding and can help during disputes) /Quote

IggSter, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi

Hello,

I have taken my Surface Pro (2017) into work recently, and it has a habit of connecting to any unsecured connection in range. I have never connected to these signals on this device, and I don't have any plans to connect to these unsecured WiFi connections.
    However, it will always connect when not connected to another WiFi, and I have to manually disconnect from any of them to connect to my personal Hotspot on my phone. I have confirmed that the "connect automatically" option is not selected on these unsecured
    networks. They do not show in my list of known networks.

I have done some looking on Google for any help, but all I find are outdated pages, or its calling for an option that doesn't exist in my settings, such as WiFi Sense.

The only thing that I have found that works is to block the network from showing in my WiFi list via a Command Prompt line of code that I found

here
    . I don't want to have to do this for every single WiFi connection that my device is trying to connect to.

Any assistance to disable this "feature" would be greatly appreciated.

Gamer Alex, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Wifi keep connecting to open unsecured Telecom wifi network after update to Windows Windows...

Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi

My surface is currently using Win 10 Pro version 1803(I made sure it was up to date on all updates as of a few minutes ago).

I tried what you suggested, going into gpedit.msc, and changed the setting to disabled, but it still connected to the unsecured WiFi. I even tried restarting, confirming the setting was still there, and within about 10 minutes it connected to the unsecured
    network again.

Gamer Alex, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Wifi keep connecting to open unsecured Telecom wifi network after update to Windows Windows...

1. Wifi keep connecting to open unsecured Telecom wifi network after update to Windows Windows... - Similar Threads - Wifi keep connecting

2. WiFi disappeared from Network connection after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disappeared from Network connection after windows update: Hi,I got an update from Microsoft for Win10, post updating my laptop wifi completely disappeared from my laptop.I tried to troubleshoot also i tried to reinstall wlan driver but it didn't work.I also scanned for any hardware changes in device manager and then also tried to...
  3. WiFi disappeared from Network connection after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi disappeared from Network connection after windows update: Hi,I got an update from Microsoft for Win10, post updating my laptop wifi completely disappeared from my laptop.I tried to troubleshoot also i tried to reinstall wlan driver but it didn't work.I also scanned for any hardware changes in device manager and then also tried to...
  4. WiFi disappeared from Network connection after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wifi network connection

wifi network connection: My wifi connection was working fine until I setup my printer canon TS3122, now my wifi network doesn't even show up on "available networks" all I see is no connection/proxy symbol. I have tried resetting my router and network reset. please help I am not computer savvy....
  6. Unsecure WiFi connection used at home I rent a room in

Unsecure WiFi connection used at home I rent a room in: I rent a room in a house with six other tenants. The owner of the place includes internet in the rent but the connection doesn't require a password. Is it safe to connect to it? How do I protect my data? Do I need a VPN? Wth is that? -haha- Thanks in advance!!...
  7. Cannot connect to open/public WiFi networks after updates

Cannot connect to open/public WiFi networks after updates: Good Morning. I have been having issues connecting to any open/public wifi network after recent Windows automatic updates to my laptop. Prior to mid-February, I was able to connect to these networks, but immediately following these updates, I can no longer connect. I have...
  8. Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates

Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 Built 17134 x64. Wifi internet has been working fine for many years, but suddenly stopped working after what I can only suspect was a Windows update that caused an issue. I have been through...
  9. Windows automatically connects to open WiFi networks

Windows automatically connects to open WiFi networks: Hi, On my PC there are multiple networks visible. A part of this list are open networks. The only stored network is my home network and for some reason my PC automatically connects to open networks. These networks are not remembered and I cannot find the functionality to...
  10. Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi

Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi: Hello, I have taken my Surface Pro (2017) into work recently, and it has a habit of connecting to any unsecured connection in range. I have never connected to these signals on this device, and I don't have any plans to connect to these unsecured WiFi connections. However,...