Windows 10: wifi keeps cutting out

Discus and support wifi keeps cutting out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I'm not doing anything network intensive my wifi cuts out, when the wifi cuts out I have to reset the network adapter to get it working again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/memesanddremes1, Jul 28, 2020.

1. wifi keeps cutting out

Whenever I'm not doing anything network intensive my wifi cuts out, when the wifi cuts out I have to reset the network adapter to get it working again. I have disabled "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power", but unfortunately that doesn't fix it; this doesn't happen when I'm gaming which leads me to believe that my computer is still turning off the network adapter in an attempt to save power. does anyone know of a way to fix this issue?

submitted by /u/memesanddremes1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/memesanddremes1, Jul 28, 2020

2. My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!

First, I was running Windows 7. I am on a computer so, I decided to buy a network adapter. It worked really great but when I installed windows 10 about 20 days ago my WIFI just kept cutting out (disconnecting) after 5-10 Minutes. It's really irritating and
    I can't get any work done. My other devices work okay. Could anybody help me out I'm in a lot of trouble here.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:

1) I went into the power management window and deselected the box saying "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

2) I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the network adapter off the internet but I still face the same problem.

3) I have used the windows troubleshooter but it only resets the connection and after 5 minutes the WIFI disconnects again.

Please keep in mind that I am using an external network adapter.

Asadullah Malik, Jul 28, 2020
  3. WiFi Cuts Out

Since the recent Windows 10 upgrades, my WiFi will mysteriously cut out.

It takes several tries on Wi-Fi settings to reconnect.

Sometimes, I have to reboot my device to get a connection back.

Has anyone else had this occur to them and, if so, are they aware of a fix?

Many thanks and stay safe!

ConSweeney, Jul 28, 2020
  4. wifi keeps cutting out

Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

wifi keeps cutting out

1. wifi keeps cutting out - Similar Threads - wifi keeps cutting

2. My wifi keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi keeps cutting out: My wifi on my computer keeps cutting in and out, with it being out most of the time. It's fine on any other device. I don't have a WiFi card slot and am instead using a USB adapter with the drivers downloaded...
  3. My wifi keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi keeps cutting out: My wifi on my computer keeps cutting in and out, with it being out most of the time. It's fine on any other device. I don't have a WiFi card slot and am instead using a USB adapter with the drivers downloaded...
  4. My wifi keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  6. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  7. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

8. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  9. WiFi adapters keep cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapters keep cutting out: My WiFi has been cutting out a lot recently, but only on my PC, so I thought maybe the WiFi in it was just going out, but then I tried using a USB WiFi dongle to remedy this, and that too cuts out at random. Wired connections still work fine, it's only when I try using WiFi...
  10. My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WIFI Keeps Cutting Out!: First, I was running Windows 7. I am on a computer so, I decided to buy a network adapter. It worked really great but when I installed windows 10 about 20 days ago my WIFI just kept cutting out (disconnecting) after 5-10 Minutes. It's really irritating and I can't get any...