Windows 10: Wifi keeps disconnecting, will come back if I click the power button

Discus and support Wifi keeps disconnecting, will come back if I click the power button in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows 10 laptop keeps disconnecting from the wifi, the internet stops working and after 10 - 20 seconds it says it is disconnected. If it happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by H_671, May 9, 2020.

1. H_671 Win User

Wifi keeps disconnecting, will come back if I click the power button

My windows 10 laptop keeps disconnecting from the wifi, the internet stops working and after 10 - 20 seconds it says it is disconnected. If it happens when I click the power button once and turn the computer off and on, it resolves itself until it happens again. This doesn't happen on any other device.

:)

H_671, May 9, 2020
  2. sandila Win User

wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently.
    I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is
    always connected on the same Wifi network.

Wifi keeps disconnecting, will come back if I click the power button [​IMG]

Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity each time.

Now the problem is each time I go and disable the connection manually and then enable it does restore the connectivity. Why should I do this ? What is the problem as what is happening.

I thought power management to be a problem so I checked
    How to Check if Connected or Disconnected Modern Standby in Windows 10
    Here is a screenshot of powercg /a on my system

30 days before reading this tutorial Add Networking connectivity in Standby to Power Options in Windows 10 I had added the option to add network connectivity in standby mode. By using the following command powercfg -attributes F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9 -ATTRIB_HIDE
    as mentioned in option one of tutorial.
    However if you see the powercfg /a output
    my system does not have support by firmware
    Code:
    so I hope that did not work. Later on after all this my system performance was not good due to other reasons.
    So I used media creation tool and on that there was an option to upgrade I choose that, the laptop seem to be formatted for system files (that is my understanding if something else happened then I do not know).
    All the settings and apps and device drivers were present as it is.
    I again after a couple of days used media creation tool

So all settings I think got erased.
    However this is not the cause of my problem I am just mentioning to understand what I did.
    2 things I want to know
    1) What is the cause of my network connectivity problems while mobile phones are connected and they don't disconnect in this Wifi network but Laptop does.

2) How to backup my existing device drivers if I format the system.

I am on
    Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)

sandila, May 9, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, May 9, 2020
  4. Wifi keeps disconnecting, will come back if I click the power button

Surface Book with Windows 10 - Wifi disconnects when lid is closed

Hello,

I realize that the WiFi turns off when you cloase the lid of the computer and disconnects. We will help you.

• Are you facing issue after any recent update installed?
    • Are you facing this issue in any other user accounts also?
    This issue might have caused due to some power setting conflicts in Windows.

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Power troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Press the Start button.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press
      enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Power.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: I suggest you to restore default settings of power plan
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, and select the option Control Panel (Classic View).
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan
    Keep us posted if the WiFi disconnecting issue is resolved to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Wifi keeps disconnecting, will come back if I click the power button

1. Wifi keeps disconnecting, will come back if I click the power button - Similar Threads - Wifi keeps disconnecting

2. WIFI keeps in disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI keeps in disconnecting: WIFI driver is updated and the driver was installed using the manufacturer site however I keep getting disconnected. I also update my windows so I dont know what cause. In my browser I keep getting error internet interrupted. I clear cache and try to use different browser and...
  3. WIFI keeps in disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI keeps in disconnecting: WIFI driver is updated and the driver was installed using the manufacturer site however I keep getting disconnected. I also update my windows so I dont know what cause. In my browser I keep getting error internet interrupted. I clear cache and try to use different browser and...
  4. Google Drive question I keep clicking on X but it keeps coming back

in Browsers and Email
    Google Drive question I keep clicking on X but it keeps coming back: Almost everyday I keep clicking on X but it keeps coming back every other day and it's getting annoying! How do I get rid of the annoying message? 184088
  5. WIFI Dropping but comes back when clicking on icon in tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Dropping but comes back when clicking on icon in tray: OK so this has been a running issue on my last three computers 2 Asus GOG towers and a Surface Pro 7, and the only common factors have been Windows 10 and Spectrum. So everything will be fine one minute, then I'll notice that a web page isn't loading, or a download is hanging...
  6. Wifi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi keeps disconnecting: Hello, After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 my WiFi disconnects 2-3 times per day. I have an ASUS X750JB I have installed QUALCOMM WLAN 10.0.3.456 from this site https://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/#wlan but I am not sure if should have...
  7. WiFi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi keeps disconnecting: Hello, I just installed Windows 10 on an Asus TUF Gamign A15 laptop and the WiFi just doesn't wanna work properly. It keeps disconnecting and I can't honestly do anything. I've tried updating, installing drivers, everything. It's not a hardware issue for sure cause on Garuda...
  8. Lock screen coming up when clicking Power button / standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen coming up when clicking Power button / standby: hi guys, this has been going on for a while, i have a ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ which i really like, runs very well. I am on Windows 10 2004 H2 currently. Latest NVIDIA drivers and latest Intel video drivers too. "Almost" Every time you click sleep, you see the lock screen...
  9. After power off and button goes off it comes back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After power off and button goes off it comes back on: I recently purchased my new laptop a 1 week old. I have called tech twice, I allowed them to take over my computer and its still not fixed. I shut my laptop down completely light goes off. Closed the lid open the lid power light is on. First time I called she removed some...
  10. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....