Windows 10: Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

Discus and support Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on windows update 1909, but this issue has been persisting for months. I have recently updated my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lol_lauren, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

I'm on windows update 1909, but this issue has been persisting for months. I have recently updated my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card to no avail. It's really hampering my ability to play games with my friends online. It rarely drops when I'm not playing games.

What happens is the yellow exclamation mark pops up on my wifi signal, I click on it, hit "disconnect" and then "reconnect" and it fixes it everytime. Something weird is going on with my computer. I've been googling this issue for months and have yet to find a solution. I don't have any power restrictions in the settings, I turned those all off. I'm at my wits end.

submitted by /u/lol_lauren
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lol_lauren, Jan 10, 2020

2. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself
    again (but sometimes if this one happens i i have to reconnect manually). some other times this happens continuously, drop-disconnected-reconnect-drop-disconnect-reconnect etc.

but when i went to my cousin's home and use his wifi, this does not happen (or so it seems). at first i thought the problem was from my internet provider, but when i checked my phone everything's normal and not disconnected or anything.

i have tried some solutions like changing the power management and resetting the wifi autoconfig service but nothing happened. my wifi drivers are already up to date. i also did a full scan with antivirus (avast) but nothing came up.

my laptop is Asus X550JX

any help will be appreciated, thank you.

MichaelKristian, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Bertilak Win User
    WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using

Hello,

Windows 10 (64 bit, build 1903 and build 1809 before that) occasionally drops my router's WiFi. This is on a Thinkpad X1. I can recover in a couple of ways:

1. Run the network troubleshooter which resets the adapter and thereby brings back the network.
    2. Manually disconnect (by temporarily selecting a different connection) and reconnect.

Those steps both kept the WiFi connection up for several hours to a day or so. This was a big problem earlier but doing a Network Reset seems to have fixed it -- no more dropped WiFi!

Now it has happened again! I note that it happened when I had inadvertently left my laptop unplugged. It had dropped to 46% battery which doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

No other wireless devices in my home have this problem.

Google turns up a bunch of "solutions" for this but all of them point me to settings that don't exist on my system!

Does anyone have any advice?

***Original title: WiFi Disconnects***

Bertilak, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

Wifi fine, but no internet - keeps happening

Hi, I have a home-built PC running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, with an ASUS Z97-Deluxe motherboard. I've had it working at my home for over a year but recently moved it into an office at a completely different location running fibre broadband (by BT/British Telecom). For the first few months, everything was fine, apart from the odd internet disconnect and then reconnect.

In the last week or two, I'm now frequently getting the wifi and internet dropping out and the wifi reconnects straight away, but then it either goes to No Internet, or it says it's connected but when I try to actually do something, like load a webpage, it hangs forever and eventually goes to No Internet. When this happens, my Android phone on the same wifi connection reconnects without problems.

I have followed the cmd ipconfig resetting procedures listed in this article and most times this has worked, but it keeps happening and I don't know what the problem is and how to stop it happening. It's getting really annoying now. As far as I know, my Windows is up to date, and I have also tried turning AVG firewall off and it doesn't help. I haven't yet tried doing anything with the Network Adapter drivers. Could that be the issue?

Thanks, Mark

MarkHazeldine, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

1. Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on... - Similar Threads - Wifi keeps dropping

2. Windows 11 - WiFi keeps dropping / disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - WiFi keeps dropping / disconnecting: Hello.I have an ASUS gaming laptop that I have been using for around 6 or 5 years.I am having serious trouble with my WiFi on my laptop. After an while or even upon signing in, my WiFi completely drops.I started noticing this around last year and it's gotten worse since.I've...
  3. Windows 11 - WiFi keeps dropping / disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - WiFi keeps dropping / disconnecting: Hello.I have an ASUS gaming laptop that I have been using for around 6 or 5 years.I am having serious trouble with my WiFi on my laptop. After an while or even upon signing in, my WiFi completely drops.I started noticing this around last year and it's gotten worse since.I've...
  4. WiFi constant drops to 12MB and keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi constant drops to 12MB and keeps disconnecting: Before i upgraded to windows 11 from 10. my wifi module card in my laptop worked fine. it was a AC connected to my router on 2.4 and 5GHz. but when i moved to windows 11 the nightmare began. slow speeds like being on dialup in the 90s. only 1 bar strength yet before it was...
  5. WiFi constant drops to 12MB and keeps disconnecting

WiFi constant drops to 12MB and keeps disconnecting: Before i upgraded to windows 11 from 10. my wifi module card in my laptop worked fine. it was a AC connected to my router on 2.4 and 5GHz. but when i moved to windows 11 the nightmare began. slow speeds like being on dialup in the 90s. only 1 bar strength yet before it was...
  6. WiFi constant drops to 12MB and keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi constant drops to 12MB and keeps disconnecting: hello everyoneBefore i upgraded to windows 11 from 10. my wifi module card in my laptop worked fine. it was a AC connected to my router on 2.4 and 5GHz. but when i moved to windows 11 the nightmare began. slow speeds like being on dialup in the 90s. only 1 bar strength yet...
  7. WiFi constant drops to 12MB and keeps disconnecting

WiFi constant drops to 12MB and keeps disconnecting: hello everyoneBefore i upgraded to windows 11 from 10. my wifi module card in my laptop worked fine. it was a AC connected to my router on 2.4 and 5GHz. but when i moved to windows 11 the nightmare began. slow speeds like being on dialup in the 90s. only 1 bar strength yet...
  8. My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again: My Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and disturbs my downloads. I ran the troubleshooter as well as attempted to update the driver too 802.11n but nothing happened....
  9. Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps disconnecting wifi and refusing to reconnect: Sometimes this takes a few hours to do, but just now it happened after a few minutes. My connection just disconnects, and when I try to reconnect, I'm told that I have to re-enter the password as some setting have changed. Nothing has changed and it requires a full restart in...
  10. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...