Windows 10: Wifi keeps dropping, instantly reconnects merely clicking wifi symbol in taskbar

Discus and support Wifi keeps dropping, instantly reconnects merely clicking wifi symbol in taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Already disabled all usb, wifi related power savings settings. Any clues? submitted by /u/giniyo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/giniyo, Jun 2, 2020.

1. /u/giniyo Win User

Wifi keeps dropping, instantly reconnects merely clicking wifi symbol in taskbar

Already disabled all usb, wifi related power savings settings. Any clues?

submitted by /u/giniyo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/giniyo, Jun 2, 2020

2. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself
    again (but sometimes if this one happens i i have to reconnect manually). some other times this happens continuously, drop-disconnected-reconnect-drop-disconnect-reconnect etc.

but when i went to my cousin's home and use his wifi, this does not happen (or so it seems). at first i thought the problem was from my internet provider, but when i checked my phone everything's normal and not disconnected or anything.

i have tried some solutions like changing the power management and resetting the wifi autoconfig service but nothing happened. my wifi drivers are already up to date. i also did a full scan with antivirus (avast) but nothing came up.

my laptop is Asus X550JX

any help will be appreciated, thank you.

MichaelKristian, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

Wondering what (if anything) this was about: WiFi disconnected on wife's computer.

1. Checked, WiFi itself working.
    2. Ran Network Trouble Shooter, which usually fixes such problems; failed.
    3. Ran Hardware Trouble Shooter, nothing found.
    4. Checked Wireless Card in Device Manager; indicated as working properly.
    5. Restarted computer; still no WiFi.
    6. Although Notification icon was black, clicked on it to see if anything there, found that the WiFi network was "Secured." Clicked on that, saw that it was set to connect automatically, clicked on that, failed. Tried once more, failed, so deselected automatic connection, clicked again, and WiFi was reconnect instantaneously.

I think that that covers most, if not all of the steps I took to fix the problem. Any idea as to what caused this, and as to why non-automatic reconnect worked without even asking for the router's password?

Not Myself, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Wifi keeps dropping, instantly reconnects merely clicking wifi symbol in taskbar

HP Pavilion DV6 - Wifi drops at random after installing new router

Hi all.

I have just changed Internet providers and have swapped my Netgear R7000 router for an Asus RT-AC58U. Every other device has a constant, stable wifi connection (Smartphones, Chromecast, PS4, etc), but my laptop randomly disconnects after about 10 minutes.

It will then reconnect after about 2 minutes or instantly if I disconnect and reconnect to Wifi. The connection drops while the laptop is in use.

I have tried checking various settings and out of desperation I have even reset windows to no change.

Any suggestions would be fantastic, thank you.

Matthewryaio, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Wifi keeps dropping, instantly reconnects merely clicking wifi symbol in taskbar

1. Wifi keeps dropping, instantly reconnects merely clicking wifi symbol in taskbar - Similar Threads - Wifi keeps dropping

2. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  3. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  4. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  5. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My WIFI keeps Dropping

My WIFI keeps Dropping: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop and few months back I encountered a problem in which my WIFI randomly disconnects and my WIFI SSID stops showing in the discoverable networks and to reconnect i have switch the airplane mode 2 - 3 times to get it back on or disconnect and...
  7. WIFI keeps dropping

WIFI keeps dropping: Hello there. In the past 2-3 weeks or so, the wifi on my desktop device has been disconnecting itself for a minute or two. Bear in mind, this issue has never shown itself in all the time that i have used my Desktop. I use a network adapter to connect to the internet ASUS...
  8. Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi keeps dropping, fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi again. Only happens on...: I'm on windows update 1909, but this issue has been persisting for months. I have recently updated my drivers for my wifi/bluetooth card to no avail. It's really hampering my ability to play games with my friends online. It rarely drops when I'm not playing games. What...
  9. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...
  10. wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3

wifi keeps dropping after reconnecting manually on surface pro 3: Hi, Something strange is happening to my surface pro 3 running windows 10 Pro 64bit. At first, I was trying to surf on the net and received something like server connections timed out. I then checked on my wifi status by hovering my mouse over the wifi icon at the system...