Windows 10: WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only)

Discus and support WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Long story as short as possible I have a Dell Inspiron running windows 10 that is only a few years old and for about 2-3 weeks now it has been dropping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bamacobra, Jun 29, 2020.

1. bamacobra Win User

WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only)

Long story as short as possible I have a Dell Inspiron running windows 10 that is only a few years old and for about 2-3 weeks now it has been dropping my wifi connection frequently even though the connection is great. Typically when this would ever happen (rarely) it connects back within seconds to a minute of disconnecting.. Now I'm having to go back to the wifi icon and disconnect and reconnect to get it back on(even though it's set to automatically connect). I am at my wits end! I've tried every single tutorial on how to fix wifi issues, I've updated drivers, I've deleted the network and reinstalled everything... I'm not sure what to do anymore and it's driving me nuts! Every other device in the house is running smoothly . Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

:)

bamacobra, Jun 29, 2020

2. wifi keeps dropping out,

WiFi keeps dropping out and says "limited". Have reset router updated laptop but still happens. help please!

coreyeaddy, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Wifi keeps dropping on windows 10

I fixed my wifi dropping

I purchased 3 wifi adapters

the usb adaper all dropped netgear, trendnet

the internal wifi adapter was an intel and dropped all the time

I purchased a Broadcom wifi adapter and it works great

on laptops be careful about buying any internal wifi adapter

some laptops have whitelisted bios and you can only buy the ones on the list

I have a Lenovo and they whitelist, and I will never buy Lenovo again

hope this helps

rob

Robfly80-2, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Girevik Win User

Laptop Dropping WiFi

The last couple of weeks I've all of a sudden started having issues with my laptop dropping WiFi. I don't know for sure if there was an update recently that may have caused it or not, but it's very frustrating. Turning off the wifi adapter and back on
    fixes it temporarily, but only VERY temporarily is many cases.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Girevik, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only) - Similar Threads - WiFi keeps dropping

2. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  3. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  4. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wifi dropping out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi dropping out: I have a dual boot windows ten one on latest version of ten other on insider latest version , stability of the wifi is fine on windows ten home but on the insider home premium the wifi is constantly dropping out. It some times tells me my dns is not responding when it is, but...
  6. WiFi Drops Out

WiFi Drops Out: I have a Dell 17" laptop, fresh load of w10 Home (v2004, build 1901) and alleged updated drivers, Verizon fios through a Verizon Actiontec M1424WR router, 3 floor house, router on 1st, S end room (and no it can't move due to cabling, etc), whew. I'll be using the laptop on...
  7. Win 10 WiFi Keeps Dropping Out

Win 10 WiFi Keeps Dropping Out: Hi, I have my desktop PC running Win 10 1909, which is connected to my home wifi network. The problem I have is that the connection between the PC and the router keeps dropping out - some days it is okay, but other days it has done it over 30 times. There is a temporary...
  8. Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question): My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network. It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but the just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network...
  9. Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop: I have a HP Laptop Elitebook 8570p, all of a sudden I was plagued with the WiFi either not connecting or dropping out, I did all the usual things, resetting network, deleting network adapters, and deleting drivers. I did notice this seemed to start after a Windows 10...
  10. WiFi drop out

WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...