Windows 10: Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try.

Discus and support Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; good day, everyone. i've been having a fair amount of issues with my device (a laptop) connecting to networks that dont even show up on the 'manage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Samakira, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try.

good day, everyone. i've been having a fair amount of issues with my device (a laptop) connecting to networks that dont even show up on the 'manage known networks' tab, but do in the quick access tab on the toolbar. i have tried turning off 'connect automatically' but as soon as i click anywhere else, it turns itself back on. this means, that randomly, my device disconnects (trying to connect to the other networks) and i have to reconnect it.

quick edit: i have tried searching up a solution on google, but no matter where i click they either say to turn off the aformentioned 'connect automatically' or remove it from 'manage known networks'

major edit: now the other 2 networks dont show up ( i thought one was the printer, so i turned it off, and now both are gone), but it still disconnects randomly. there is a modem quite close to where i usually have my laptop, and even here where im typing this, about 7 feet away from it, it still happens. it also doesnt happen with ANY other network, nor does it happen to all other devices on THIS network.

edit: hidden network is back.

submitted by /u/Samakira
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Samakira, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Gorgo Win User

Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect

Product Name: Hp Omen 15
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
    Wifi card: Intel Wireless-N 7260

Hi guys,
    since some days my wifi has stopped working.
    If I click on Wifi icon it shows only ONE (max two) NETWORK:

Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try. [​IMG]

And I live in a building with 20+ networks, as you can see from WiFi Analyzer (I'm the red one on the right)

Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try. [​IMG]

If I deactive/reactive Wifi with fn+f12, it goes to Airplane mode and to Wifi mode again and it eventually shows all the networks:

My Wifi is on the top. If it's saved, Windows connects to it and then it drops the connection; if it's not saved and I try to connect, it says "You're not able to connect to this network".
    The fun fact is that after some seconds every network disappear and only one is showed (probably the neighbour one..I dunno).

I've already tried to HARD-RESET the notebook keeping the power button for 10/15sec with the laptop turned off.
    I've already tried to follow these instructions (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175) updating drivers (Intel 18.12.0.3, 18.12.1.2, 18.30.0.9 [Windows 10 default], 18.32.0 [Lastest drivers]) with no success. Everytime I install a new drivers, I uninstalled the previous one + Wireless software + reboot.

I tried to uncheked "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" on my Wifi hardware settings without success.

The HP Network support says I didn't choose a Wifi (Really? The problem is I don't see my Wifi on the list!).

This is not related to a new Windows 10 upgrade since I've installed it months ago and It's the first time I've this problem :/ It always worked
    Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try. 16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I tried different settings too:
    I changed channel, I set 802.11g on my router, APSD off on the router.
    I set "Magic packet off, ad hoc QoS off, U-APSD off, fat channel off,incremental throughput off, HT mode off" on the card setting without success. Nothing chaned.

The Hardware test doesn't detect any failure.

Note carefully: If I go close to the router, it shows my network with full power connection and it connects to it. Then I go back to my bedroom (probably 3/4 meters far), it KEEPS the connection for 30/40min and It drops the connection and I can't reconnect to it anymore. It always worked perfectly in my room in these months (I bought it in March 2015), so the distance is not a problem, I'm 6/7m far from the router.
    In this case It shows my Network (Connected) and the neighbour network...and the other 20+ networks???

The only way I have is USB tethering with my Nexus 5.

Linux: I tried the Wifi connection on Elementary Freya (Ubuntu linux based OS) and it shows 20+ networks available on the list. It has not connection problem with my Wifi, but sometimes it stops working, the webpages stop loading and I must reboot Wifi to reconnect to it (usually after 30/40min using it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the problem? Is my Wifi card broken? Should I call italian support or you have some suggestion?

Gorgo, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Assigning a default WiFi connection

Is there any specific way to force Windows to connect to a certain WiFi connection?

Since my PC keeps connecting to a commercial WiFi hotspot rather than to my home network when it boots.

Things I have tried:

• "Connect to suggested WiFi hotspots" has been turned off
    • Home network has been set to "connect automatically" when connecting
    • Hotspot networks have been "forgotten" in the WiFi settings
    Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Sakura2628, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try.

E72 - Wifi - Keeps trying to connect

Now I've got over most of the issues with my E72 but this one is really bugging, I never use wifi on the phone and so wifi is never switched on however I often go back to my phone and its showing a list of available WIFI networks to connect to, its very
    annoying and it must be using battery life if its looking for wifi networks even though I've requested it not to, is there anything I can do to stop this?

chrism_scotland, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try.

1. Wifi keeps on trying to connect to other networks, cant stop it, no matter what i try. - Similar Threads - Wifi keeps trying

2. My wifi keeps disconnecting and when i try to connect to it. It says that it cant connect,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi keeps disconnecting and when i try to connect to it. It says that it cant connect,...: so i have a Acer Aspire 5 with a Intel Core i5 12450H and the problem with the internet started even when i first got it, i tried updating my drivers, reseting the pc, but it still caused the same problem. the only thing that helped is if i connected to the networt via...
  3. Wifi Drivers keep crashing no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Drivers keep crashing no matter what I try: I have an ASUS laptop with windows 11 and it was working fine until I moved, I'm not sure if it's the wifi here, if it's overheating and damaged or what but the wifi drivers constantly crash over and over throughout the day no matter what I do. I've tried uninstalling them...
  4. Wifi Drivers keep crashing no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Drivers keep crashing no matter what I try: I have an ASUS laptop with windows 11 and it was working fine until I moved, I'm not sure if it's the wifi here, if it's overheating and damaged or what but the wifi drivers constantly crash over and over throughout the day no matter what I do. I've tried uninstalling them...
  5. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  6. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  7. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Cant switch tabs to task manager, no matter what I try.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant switch tabs to task manager, no matter what I try.: I've had a horrible time with Windows 10 in the past few hours, I can't switch to my file explorer no matter what I do! I've tried everything I found on the forums, restarted my pc, used the system file checker, nothing.. nothing works whatsoever. If anyone could kindly guide...
  9. Cant switch tabs to task manager, no matter what I try.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch tabs to task manager, no matter what I try.: I've had a horrible time with Windows 10 in the past few hours, I can't switch to my file explorer no matter what I do! I've tried everything I found on the forums, restarted my pc, used the system file checker, nothing.. nothing works whatsoever. If anyone could kindly guide...
  10. Cant switch tabs to task manager, no matter what I try.