Windows 10: Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter

Discus and support Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my wifi lately. It’s been happening for two weeks and now its the worst it’s ever been. My wifi randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Justin DiazMS, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter

Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my wifi lately. It’s been happening for two weeks and now its the worst it’s ever been. My wifi randomly disconnects and when i try to reconnect, none of my local wifi connections show up. This only happens to my computer, everyone else in my family’s wifi is fine. Sometimes the wireless network adapter will be in the hidden section in Device Manager. My computer is an Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD. I tried the troublehsooter but it doesn’t help, and restarting the computer works but its only temporary. Same with uninstalling the wireless adapter and restarting t

:)

Justin DiazMS, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Winuser Win User

Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

I'm not sure what build they made the change in . I have tried every suggestion I found and nothing worked. When in Safe Mode my wireless network doesn't even show up so I can't choose it as a option.

Edit: I just tried booting into Safe Mode. The network icon had a X in it. When I clicked on it the only option was Airplane Mode.

Winuser, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Network adapter keeps disabling

Hi Taran,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you with the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due network adapter driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods:

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the network driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter

Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter

1. Wifi keeps shutting off along with the network adapter - Similar Threads - Wifi keeps shutting

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. Surface Pro Bluetooth adapter keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro Bluetooth adapter keeps shutting off: Windows 10. All updates on software and Surface Pro 6 are up to date. On startup bluetooth works well, then shuts off for no reason. I have tried all the recommended steps for deleting the driver and restarting. None of the driver settings pages have a tab for power...
  5. Surface Pro Bluetooth adapter keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro Bluetooth adapter keeps shutting off: Windows 10. All updates on software and Surface Pro 6 are up to date. On startup bluetooth works well, then shuts off for no reason. I have tried all the recommended steps for deleting the driver and restarting. None of the driver settings pages have a tab for power...
  6. WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off: The WiFi adapter Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN on my Dell Latitude E6430 Windows 10 64-bit refuses to stay on. I click the Network icon in my taskbar, my Wi-Fi says "turned off," so I click the button to turn it on, and a few seconds later, it automatically turns off...
  7. Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off

Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off: When i turn on the laptop, the connectivity is okay, the problem starts while i was trying to search anything in google chrome or i was trying to run any online game. The wifi is prompting to off, when i was trying to reconnect it showed "Can't connect to this network". I...
  8. Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off

Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off: Using my phone to do this, I have been dealing with my wifi adapter doing this, it will last 10 mimutes at most before it shuts off and will not turn back on, troubleshooter keeps saying Windows 10 cant bind the IP protocal stack to the network adapter. It is a belkin Wifi...
  9. Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting

Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting: my wifi adapters are not working after a recent update. Whenever i try to connect its like my adapter is unplugged and plugged back in and it shows that i am not connected and no connections available but ive tried 2 different adapters ive downloaded new drivers and tried all...
  10. Wifi keeps shutting off on its own

Wifi keeps shutting off on its own: Recently had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. I network connections I set the wifi network to always connect. However of the computer is shut down or goes into sleep mode the wifi shuts down. I have set the network card to not shut off to save power. Our pc is a desktop and...