Windows 10: Wifi kept identifying in the middle of any game. Only happens to the laptop and not my...

Discus and support Wifi kept identifying in the middle of any game. Only happens to the laptop and not my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NekroseL [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NekroseL, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Wifi kept identifying in the middle of any game. Only happens to the laptop and not my...

/u/NekroseL, Mar 7, 2021
  2. markweatherill, Mar 7, 2021
  3. aufruhr Win User
    WiFi kept turning ON, refused to turn off

hello, I have a brand new ASUS laptop, bought last week (Sept 1st, 2017). this would be my 3rd time turning on the laptop since it is bought and I just noticed a problem. my country isn't big in internet (so expensive to have one installed for home use),
    so I used my android phones as hotspot for the laptop to connect to internet. I managed to set the connection as metered, so no worry for laptop killing the whole data plan again Wifi kept identifying in the middle of any game. Only happens to the laptop and not my... :) today I went online to check update for antivirus and updating the VLC media
    player that I used.

so, my current problem that I just noticed, I turned off the hotspot. the wifi icon is supposed to have red X on it right? but it's not. it has a star and it kept on listing the neighbors' hotspot and kept on telling me to connect to it. then I click on
    the wifi icon, which brings up all the list of networks available to connect to. the last time I clicked on the wifi icon while the list of networks is displayed, the wifi will turn off and give me a box of "turn on wifi manually". but this time, it isn't.
    it just happily turned itself back on. then I searched google, and it said that I can go try the message box thing on the corner next to the clock and date, which just came back to the same page while wifi is kept turning back on after I turned it off.

another search on google, there's no question of not being able to turn off wifi, all questions if about wifi connection kept killing itself after updates.

can anyone help? this wifi from neighboring houses are ALWAYS ON, 24/7, unless there's power outage. they're not actually internet hotspot, but used for the tv, as a bundled deal due to using the ISP's internet. THANKS!

aufruhr, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Wifi kept identifying in the middle of any game. Only happens to the laptop and not my...

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Wifi kept identifying in the middle of any game. Only happens to the laptop and not my...

1. Wifi kept identifying in the middle of any game. Only happens to the laptop and not my... - Similar Threads - Wifi kept identifying

2. Wifi slow only on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi slow only on my laptop: Hi everyone. Yesterday i noticed that wifi connection on my laptop was superslow compared to other device my phone has 70-80 mbps, my laptop has 4-5 mbps... The problem Is only when i am on 2.4 GHz network. Anyway my network adapter driver are the newest and the only...
  3. Wifi slow only on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi slow only on my laptop: Hi everyone. Yesterday i noticed that wifi connection on my laptop was superslow compared to other device my phone has 70-80 mbps, my laptop has 4-5 mbps... The problem Is only when i am on 2.4 GHz network. Anyway my network adapter driver are the newest and the only...
  4. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  5. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  6. Why does my wifi kept disconnecting by itself and can't reconnect? This doesn't happen on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi kept disconnecting by itself and can't reconnect? This doesn't happen on...: -HP Pavilion Aero 13 -AMD ryzen 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-wifi-kept-disconnecting-by-itself-and/3149acf7-58b4-4bdc-b6e3-decde52f493b
  7. Why does my wifi kept disconnecting by itself and can't reconnect? This doesn't happen on...

Why does my wifi kept disconnecting by itself and can't reconnect? This doesn't happen on...: -HP Pavilion Aero 13 -AMD ryzen 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-wifi-kept-disconnecting-by-itself-and/3149acf7-58b4-4bdc-b6e3-decde52f493b
  8. Wifi Disconnects only when playing any games..!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Disconnects only when playing any games..!: I use Asus Tuf A15 AMD Ryzen 5 4600H 3GHz Turbo up to 4GHzNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6 4GB.RAM. 8GB DDR4.512GB PCIE SSD.When I normally browse or do my normal work the wifi driver and adapter work perfectly but when I start to play normal game like Csgo or valorant the wifi...
  9. My laptop kept of resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop kept of resetting: I closed my laptop the night before and when i opened it today my laptop kept on resetting on the blue screen that said “Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart”, the stop code is whea_internal_error. I know when i press the window key and x i could open the drive or...
  10. Why did my laptop suddenly stop recognizing any Wifi? It’s like being in the middle of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did my laptop suddenly stop recognizing any Wifi? It’s like being in the middle of nowhere.: Yesterday was working just fine. Today I moved to another country and although my phone sees tons of WiFis, my laptop doesn’t recognize any. Bonus bug, I can’t even go to settings to try to fix whatever I could fix because the settings app freezes, unbelievable. submitted...