Windows 10: Wifi Lag when game's graphic settings are high

Discus and support Wifi Lag when game's graphic settings are high in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I seem to lag in many online games Overwatch, Fortnite, Apex, etc. when the game's graphic settings are set too high. The only way for me to play the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joshua2d, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Joshua2d Win User

Wifi Lag when game's graphic settings are high

I seem to lag in many online games Overwatch, Fortnite, Apex, etc. when the game's graphic settings are set too high. The only way for me to play the multiplayer game is usually all low settings with windowed mode on. This is weird because I thought the graphic settings shouldn't affect the network. Can anyone please help meh?

:)

Joshua2d, Apr 15, 2021
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Mouse Lag in Games

Mouse lag in games can be caused by using too high graphics settings, but can sometimes caused by having V-sync enabled,

particularly if the game is not running at high frame rates without V-sync being enabled. Enabling Triple-Buffering when using

V-sync can help with this in some instances.

Having FreeSync enabled can cause lag if your laptop does not use AMD graphics.

I believe a dodgy HDMI cable can also affect a monitors input lag, which in turn cause mouse lag.

BossDweeb, Apr 15, 2021
  3. What kinds of graphics settings should I set on games for my Windows 10 Laptop?

Hi,

Graphics settings will vary on a specific game. You can try the 1080p setting for the mean time, if you will experience any input lags on the game, we would suggest that you lower your graphics settings for you to play the game without input lag issues.

Jomari Arc, Apr 15, 2021
  4. HilmerB Win User

Games Lag

Hello,
    I am posting here for some fresh insight to help me troubleshoot my game lag issues. I just recently built a new computer and am using Windows 10 for the first time. All of my games are lagging despite the greatly varied system requirements and they all lag at the same rate despite having them run at the highest or lowest capacity graphics settings. I have made sure all drivers are installed and up to date. I have verified the cache for each game individually. I have tried setting my GPU to run at max capacity from the Nvidia Control Panel. I have tried a clean boot in hopes of seeing that might of helped. I have tried setting the Steam client to beta. I have disabled the Xbox app DVR. These were all the suggestions I've gotten through many forums and also through live chat with Nvidia, Microsoft, and Steam. I've also ruled out hardware by running another hard drive on my new build with the Windows 7 OS and had no issues running my games at max graphics settings. My GPU, CPU, and Memory all run at normal capacities while in game aswell.

I apologize for the lengthy description, I've just been troubleshooting for quite a while now and have gotten no positive results. So I really appreciate any new insight, suggestions, and ideas, thank you.

System Specs:
    ASRock H97M Pro 4
    Intel I7 4790K
    16gb DDR3 Ram
    ASUS GTX 970 OC

HilmerB, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Wifi Lag when game's graphic settings are high - Similar Threads - Wifi Lag game's

2. Game lags, lots of wifi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lags, lots of wifi issues: So this has been going for a while now. Every time I play a game I lag. Even on ethernet cable. Furthermore download/upload speeds are horrible. At one point it reached below 10mbps without anyone using wifi. Keep in mind this does not happen for other devices and for other...
  3. Game lags, lots of wifi issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game lags, lots of wifi issues: So this has been going for a while now. Every time I play a game I lag. Even on ethernet cable. Furthermore download/upload speeds are horrible. At one point it reached below 10mbps without anyone using wifi. Keep in mind this does not happen for other devices and for other...
  4. Graphic settings not showing game when I browse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic settings not showing game when I browse: I want to change the graphic settings on a game but when I click browse its not showing up in my files how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-settings-not-showing-game-when-i-browse/d52f2892-d256-420e-a628-41d1a0e4ac8b
  5. Graphic settings not showing game when I browse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic settings not showing game when I browse: I want to change the graphic settings on a game but when I click browse its not showing up in my files how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-settings-not-showing-game-when-i-browse/d52f2892-d256-420e-a628-41d1a0e4ac8b
  6. Graphic settings not showing game when I browse

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings: I'm trying to run a game Minecraft Java Edition with the high performance GPU in my laptop instead of the integrated GPU, but no matter what settings I change it still runs on the iGPU. What I've tried: Changing "Graphics performance preference" for the Minecraft...
  8. High sensativity in games with graphic tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High sensativity in games with graphic tablet: Now I know graphic tablets are not ment for gaming but lets supose I need to get it working. So I have graphic tablet and when I am trying to use the stylus as mouse in 3d games such as minecraft. The sensativity goes crazy and every time I touch the screen the game starts...
  9. Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuttering/Lagging In games when a (graphical) things load(?): Hello guys, I'm Back again in this forum.I'm trying to find solution for this annoying problem for so long time. My PC Specs is on 2nd System So When I'm playing league of legends or osu! my frametime/latency of frames are dropping or like mini lagging (if thats what you...
  10. Got little high spec but still lag when play game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Got little high spec but still lag when play game: So let me explain my problem, first, you may need to look through my spec (Below). I know it is not a monster for gaming but how can you image if half-life, Asphalt 8 and Minecraft make my PC lagged? Let be clear here: +At first when I enter each game, it prety good, and...