Windows 10: Wifi Limited (at home connection only)

Discus and support Wifi Limited (at home connection only) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI, i know the title sound familiar and you would tell me to open this or that thread about ip configuration. Not that i dont want to listen to you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dragwar, Oct 2, 2015.

1. dragwar Win User

Wifi Limited (at home connection only)

HI, i know the title sound familiar and you would tell me to open this or that thread about ip configuration. Not that i dont want to listen to you guys, but here the situation:

-i have a laptop with 2 OS, win 7 and 10 (win 10 as primary, win 7 only to play games)
    -i have both wired and wireless connection at home
    -i have pcs connected with ethernet connection and connected to internet pretty well
    -its the first time i connected my laptop to home wifi (also the first time for both OS)
    -my laptop on win 10 connected to home wireless connection but no internet access
    -my laptop on win 10 connected to ethernet connection and connected to internet pretty well
    -my laptop on win 7 connected to home wireless connection with same ip setting as win 10 and connected to internet pretty well
    -my laptop on win 7 connected to ethernet connection and connected to internet pretty well
    -my laptop on win 10 connected to other wifi connection like from phone, mobile wifi, and office wifi and connected to internet pretty well
    -my home wireless connected to other device at home like phone and pc wifi adapter and connected to internet pretty well
    -i only use windows defender as antivirus
    Wifi Limited (at home connection only) [​IMG]

-my win 10 already updated at 1 October 2015

my goal:
    -to access internet with win 10 via my home wireless connection

what i have tried:
    -change ip setting to various address. Result, connected but still no internet access
    -doing things with 'netsh' as administrator with various command that i found on web and forum
    -reinstalling wifi adapter (which i think not necessary since other wifi connections are connected before i did this)
    -reboot modem
    -reboot router (which i think not necessary since the wifi come out from the modem)
    -since i have many pc i already make sure to put different ips

thanks for you help, and i attached some screen shots of my setting and status.

:)

dragwar, Oct 2, 2015

2. Wi-Fi Adapter is Missing on Windows 10

I finally rolled back to Windows 8.1 and everything worked perfectly fine like nothing happened. Then, I upgraded again to Windows 10 and my home WiFi became limited with no internet connection again. It only happened in my notebook and through WiFi at
    my home. I have no problem in connecting via public WiFi, i.e. at college or mall.

maladroit168, Oct 2, 2015
  3. hanifaji Win User
    windows 10: wifi strange behaviour

last hour i was upgrading windows 7 home premium to windows 10 from its app back in win 7, but i discover that the wifi says LIMITED. back in win 7 i can connect to my home wifi flawlessly, strangely when i use my phone tethering its working only from
    the home wifi that didn't work...i've already reinstall my driver and still cant connect..PS: my home wifi isn't a problem, because my phone still can connect to it.

hanifaji, Oct 2, 2015
  4. dragwar Win User

the world hate me.....
    .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

dragwar, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Wifi Limited (at home connection only) - Similar Threads - Wifi Limited home

2. Wifi connection is always limited.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection is always limited.: I have an old HP 250 G1 laptop, and I have a Window 8 running on it. I used to have Windows 10 on it earlier but to do performance lagging i downgraded my system.The wifi and all were working fine earlier , but randomly the wifi stopped working on windows 10 onlya part of...
  3. Wifi connection is always limited.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection is always limited.: I have an old HP 250 G1 laptop, and I have a Window 8 running on it. I used to have Windows 10 on it earlier but to do performance lagging i downgraded my system.The wifi and all were working fine earlier , but randomly the wifi stopped working on windows 10 onlya part of...
  4. Limited wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited wifi connection: This connection is limited. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-wifi-connection/e89f93f8-896d-4f11-8e5d-b37b7f212760
  5. Limited wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limited wifi connection: This connection is limited. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-wifi-connection/e89f93f8-896d-4f11-8e5d-b37b7f212760
  6. Limited WIFI connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited WIFI connection: Hi, I am having an issue connecting my laptop to my WiFi. Other devices can connect to the WiFi so there are no issues with the router itself. I have been previously connected to this router on my laptop and issues started when we used an extender alongside this router....
  7. Home wifi connection

Home wifi connection: Im a little confused, my home wifi connection is set to Guest/Public with network discovery off and with file and printer sharing off. Shouldn't it be set to Private instead and with what on/off for network discovery and file/printer sharing? I don't really know, but I just...
  8. Windows 10 Home - Limited/No Internet Connection

Windows 10 Home - Limited/No Internet Connection: Hello everyone, I've been reading through several threads on here trying ideas previously listed, but have had no luck. So, my wireless router went out on me yesterday during a thunderstorm, which I replaced today. My desktop will not connect to the wireless network at...
  9. Windows 10 wifi connection is "Limited"

Windows 10 wifi connection is "Limited": Hey guys, I just upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything are working perfectly other than the wifi connection. When I am connected to a wifi connection it always state as a limited connection. I just did everything that I can. Help me guys *Sad 13322
  10. Wifi limited connection problem

Wifi limited connection problem: Hi, I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) to the latest and tried every steps I could find in the blogs, youtube and communities talk but still couldn't fix the...