Windows 10: Wifi limited download speed

Discus and support Wifi limited download speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I just install Windows 10 from windows 7, my wifi speedtest only 4,5 Mbps but once I connect using ethernet/LAN the speedtest became 15 Mbps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alanprasetyo, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Wifi limited download speed

Hi,

I just install Windows 10 from windows 7, my wifi speedtest only 4,5 Mbps but once I connect using ethernet/LAN the speedtest became 15 Mbps. Both upload are on the same Speed. And when i'm using speedtest on my android phone the speed is 15 Mbps , seems there something wrong on my Wireless adapter setting.

I already update my wifi driver and uninstall it, but seem doesn't work.

I'm using "Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter" on Asus A55V

Previously in Windows 7 are fine , no limitation on wifi.

Thanks A lot

AP

:)

Alanprasetyo, Apr 13, 2019
  2. gguo522 Win User

After the newest windows update, my 5Ghz wifi download speed is limited.

My 5Ghz wifi download speed is limited after the newest windows update .

my download speed is about 150 mbps(by speedtest by Ookia) , but after the update, my download speed is 5mbps , and the upload speed is 20mbps, which high than my download speed..

I tried to switch to the 2.4Ghz wifi and run the test, the speed remain the same before the update.

I think there is no problem with my usb wifi adapter, because I ran speedtest on my other computer which is old windows version with the adapter, the download speed is 150mbps.

How can I fix this?

gguo522, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Wifi limited download speed

Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited

Hi,

I Have installed on my brand new laptop windows 10 Home "already updated", I have a 10 Mbps internet connection but only reaches 1.2 Mbps, I ran a speed test on my phone that uses the same WiFi and is reaching 9 Mbps. Something is limiting the bandwidth
    almost in 90% of its capacity, WiFi driver is Updated and I'm sitting next to the modem to get a better signal strength and I get full signal bars but the speed still the same, I already tried some basic troubleshooting suggested by Microsoft but still does
    not work, I don't think something is consuming the bandwidth because my phone gets a good speed. I don't know what else to do.

Modified title from: Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSHNKANTAM, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Wifi limited download speed

1. Wifi limited download speed - Similar Threads - Wifi limited download

2. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit Wifi Speed: Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-wifi-speed/9277baa2-e103-4737-a331-13e2413db35c
  3. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limit Wifi Speed: Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-wifi-speed/9277baa2-e103-4737-a331-13e2413db35c
  4. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Download speed limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed limit: Hi guys, today, trying to download games from both uplay and steam, my download was stuck at exactly 5mb/s in the task manager, this is grange considering that it normally stays around 45/50 mb/s, I noticed this problem only today, as yesterday everything was working...
  6. Download speed limited to 10Mbps

Download speed limited to 10Mbps: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Download speed limited to 10Mbps on steam. I think this problem also occure on other programs like Uplay etc.. but the main problem is that now my steam download is pretty "slow". Maybe there is a setting limiting my download speed , i have no idea. Also...
  7. Download speed limitation - desktop

Download speed limitation - desktop: Hi, my desktop seems to be limited to +- 5MB/s if downloading from single source, when downloading from multi source i get full speed of my internet. Other devices in my home does not suffer from this "phenomena". Ive tried downloading on my: phone - i get full internet...
  8. download speed is limited

download speed is limited: hi there I've been noticing a limit download speed which doesn't exceed 1.4 mb/s, it used to reach 5mb/s if I download two files at the same time it splits the speed evenly I updated my windows couple of days ago...
  9. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: This is a repost, for some reason I can not reply on that previous post. I have the following system information OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation...
  10. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: Hello, my other laptops/devices have download speed up to 25mb/sec while this laptop only downloads 500 kb/sec no matter what I do. I have restarted tried the following: 1) device manager, network and tried updating drivers / devices 2) I tried to go to network settings...