Windows 10: Wifi loses internet connection after a while

Discus and support Wifi loses internet connection after a while in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has Windows 10. So due to poor wifi connection in my bedroom, I have to constantly use laptop with ethernet as wifi provider. That way I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DoloresHarless, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Wifi loses internet connection after a while

My laptop has Windows 10. So due to poor wifi connection in my bedroom, I have to constantly use laptop with ethernet as wifi provider. That way I always have Wi-Fi in my room. The problem is that every time I turn on the Wifi access point and then connect my phone, there is no internet connection, or sometimes it is very weak, after 5 minutes. My laptop's wifi is always there, full signal on the phone, but it just doesn't have any more internet connection. Also, if I turn off the wifi hotspot and then turn it back on, it works fine like nothing and again after 5 minutes it loses internet.

:)

DoloresHarless, Jul 31, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Jul 31, 2021
  3. mynit Win User

The router is a Sagemcom B-Box 3 running the ISP's software. It does not have user-accessible logs but I can see what devices are currently connected. When the computer loses internet access, it still shows in the list of connected devices, as I would expect.

The available IPv4 pool is 192.168.1.2-63 and I statically assigned 192.168.1.63 for that last test.

The computer is an HP Elitebook 8460P with a Broadcom BCM43XX wifi adapter. The driver is the latest version.

mynit, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Superfly Win User

Wifi loses internet connection after a while

Well after trying everything you have I gave up and got a new card (doesn't help you much as you have a notebook)

But got this today PCE-AX58BT | Networking | ASUS Global and it's been stellar - no lags or drops

Superfly, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Wifi loses internet connection after a while

1. Wifi loses internet connection after a while - Similar Threads - Wifi loses internet

2. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected: I have a strange situation on my Windows laptop, every 10 or so minutes all apps including browser, games, chat and video call lose internet connection while the laptop remains connected to wifi. Strangely there is clearly still a working internet connection, since people in...
  3. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected: I have a strange situation on my Windows laptop, every 10 or so minutes all apps including browser, games, chat and video call lose internet connection while the laptop remains connected to wifi. Strangely there is clearly still a working internet connection, since people in...
  4. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi settings disappear after I lose internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi settings disappear after I lose internet connection: I've had an issue the past few days when any time I lose my Wifi connection on my laptop because my internet went down, then the Wifi section disappears from the Network & Internet Connections Settings entirely. So when the internet is back up I can't reconnect on my laptop....
  6. Wifi settings disappear after I lose internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi settings disappear after I lose internet connection: I've had an issue the past few days when any time I lose my Wifi connection on my laptop because my internet went down, then the Wifi section disappears from the Network & Internet Connections Settings entirely. So when the internet is back up I can't reconnect on my laptop....
  7. Wifi Hotspot loses internet connexion after a while

Wifi Hotspot loses internet connexion after a while: Hello all, My laptop is on Windows 10 Version10.0.19042 Build 19042. So due to weak wifi in my dorm, I have to constantly use the laptop with ethernet as a wifi provider. In that way I always have wifi in my room. The problem is that everytime I turn on Wifi hotspot then...
  8. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity: This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now...
  9. Losing internet connection while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Losing internet connection while updating: While visiting my friend my laptop suddenly started to update. It was updating for 1 hour, and then i went home. I didn't turn it off,i just closed the screen. When i opened it at home it was still running. As of now it is still on 20%, with none of the announced restarts...
  10. WiFi Keeps Losing Connectivity to the Internet while connected to an AP since KB4338819

WiFi Keeps Losing Connectivity to the Internet while connected to an AP since KB4338819: My internet access has gone up and down like a yo-yo since installing this update. The WiFi connection is fine, but I continuously receive site timed out errors on web pages, when the site is fine on other devices in the same location on the same wireless AP. The one time I...