Windows 10: WiFi lost after Reset

Discus and support WiFi lost after Reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I reset Window 10, after which I have no WiFi, though I can connect to the internet by an ethernet connection quite satisfactorily. I saved on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pyor66, Dec 12, 2018.

1. pyor66 Win User

WiFi lost after Reset

Hello,

I reset Window 10, after which I have no WiFi, though I can connect to the internet by an ethernet connection quite satisfactorily.

I saved on my desktop an HTML file that showed programmes that had been deleted during the reset. Included in the list was
    “REALTEK Wireless LAN Driver and Utility REALTEK Semiconductor Corp. 1.00.0244"
    Double clicking on the link took me to the Realtek website. My motherboard manual identified the LAN as RTL8111E. From the Realtek website I downloaded RTL8186L / 8111E. Unzipped and installed drivers. Device manager shows driver as 10.25.119.2018 dated 19/01/2018.

I still have no apparent WiFi connection. I would appreciate some advice on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

:)

pyor66, Dec 12, 2018

2. If I do a PC Reset will the wifi adapter driver be removed during the reset as it's how I get my internet service in the first place?

HiWiFi lost after Reset :)...I need to do a PC reset with my computer as I have a js virus in it and can't get rid of it(keeps coming back-showing up) so thought I could do a PC reset and finally get rid of it but when I clicked the next step and to keep files it told me a
    list of things that will be removed and my wifi adapter driver is one of the things to be removed in this list so if I start the PC Reset will my wifi be lost during the Reset?I need the wifi adapter to work as that is how I get my internet so not sure what
    to do at this point and need any help I can get?

missyk1963, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Wifi card needs resetting

I tried everything suggested so far and thanks guys but it still the same fault?

If I ask windows10 to diagnose the lack of internet it quite happily resets the WiFi card and all is fine until the laptop goes to sleep/switches off?? *Banghead

johnwallett, Dec 12, 2018
  4. PinkAcid Win User

WiFi lost after Reset

Wifi doesnt work after resetting windows 10 tablet

Hi guys,

i recently bought a windows 10 tablet from Onda that came with full licenced windows 10 (didnt upgrade from anything) and i reset it as soon as id finished fiddling about with it and testing it so i could set it up fresh. it worked perfectly before resetting it and it connected to my wifi fine but after it wont find any internet connections and when i click the wifi icon in the corner it says connections unavailable.

ive tried the reg delete thing as it has vpn on it and i googled around trying to find a fix, one of which suggested if you upgrade from windows 8 that vpn breaks the wifi so this might be similar? however the command prompt didnt find the reg key/thing it was supposed to delete so that was a no go.

ive tried diagnosing connection problems and it resets the wifi adaptor but nothing improves, ive also tried updating the wifi driver but it says its already up to date and i cant connect to the internet on it to search for another adaptor. ive contacted Onda but theyve just offered to replace it if i send this back which im a bit wary of doing as they might just deny recieving the item and im out £160 + whatever it costs to send to china tracked.

could anyone please help me?

this was what i tried:

Step-2: Execute the following command and then press Enter

reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step-3: Enter the bellow command and press Enter

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

it couldnt find the reg to delete

PinkAcid, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

WiFi lost after Reset

1. WiFi lost after Reset - Similar Threads - WiFi lost Reset

2. Lost Wifi after PC snoozed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Wifi after PC snoozed: Hi all. So I left my desktop pc on, went to grab some lunch. About an hour later I come back to my desk and my screens are off as is typical. But this time when the pc wakes up my I have no internet. In the task bar I have the globe symbol stating no connections are...
  3. Sound lost after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound lost after resetting: I reset my computer in window 11 and now my sound and microphone are gone. Before reseting the computer, there used to be a CODEC sound system but I tried to press over it on device manager and it deleted itself. Is there anyway for me to recover sound? ;-;Even when I tried...
  4. Sound lost after resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound lost after resetting: I reset my computer in window 11 and now my sound and microphone are gone. Before reseting the computer, there used to be a CODEC sound system but I tried to press over it on device manager and it deleted itself. Is there anyway for me to recover sound? ;-;Even when I tried...
  5. lost wifi after windows10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost wifi after windows10 update: Lost wifi after windows10 update. Tried troubleshoot, some fixes from google search, no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-windows10-update/6133347b-3fbf-4895-a893-47331d094ded
  6. lost wifi after windows10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost wifi after windows10 update: Lost wifi after windows10 update. Tried troubleshoot, some fixes from google search, no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-windows10-update/6133347b-3fbf-4895-a893-47331d094ded
  7. lost wifi after windows10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Lost WiFi after June Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost WiFi after June Update: Split from this thread. I lost my wifi after the June 10th update. I've tried everything for the last two days and no success. I'm currently running a 50 ethernet cable....
  9. LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE: I have a Broadcom wifi that no longer works and have been unable to reset even after a reinstall HELP. There is only a usb and no ethernet as is a LINX 12/64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-last-update/8dce5a7c-c9ef-4075-b43c-3f6d091ea10e
  10. Lost WiFi icon after upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost WiFi icon after upgrade: How can this Surface product suddenly lose its Wifi icon...tried all sorts of suggestions from Microsoft Customer Support (escalated to Level 2). Each time they call me, they didn't seem to have read up the notes, because they all ask me to try suggestions from the beginning...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone wifi after reset