Windows 10: WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...

Discus and support WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I go to WIFI Settings and click on Manage Known Networks, it lists no networks, not even the one I am connected to. Furthermore, whenever I turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chert_Blubberton, Mar 28, 2020.

1. WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...

When I go to WIFI Settings and click on Manage Known Networks, it lists no networks, not even the one I am connected to.

Furthermore, whenever I turn on the computer, Win10 does not remember my WIFI Networks.

This is only an issue with my desktop running Windows10.

Other devices are all fine and do not have this problem:

iPhone XR

Acer running Linux

another Desktop running Windows 10 (but connected via ethernet)

MacBook

iPad Mini

submitted by /u/Chert_Blubberton
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chert_Blubberton, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

3. Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

I've got a weird problem I can't figure out:

New Surface Book running Windows 10. Every time it boots, it connects to "xfinitywifi" (an open WiFi access point apparently belonging to a neighbor). This AP has "limited connectivity", though, so no internet access (and I don't want to be connected to it, anyways!).

I've previously connected to my home WiFi, and this is the only network listed in my "Manage known networks" list. When I manually "disconnect" from xfinitywifi, Windows automatically connects to my home WiFi. For some reason, though, on boot up, it automatically connects to this open network (despite being set to NOT connect to open networks), and it prefers this open network over my (secured) known network.

I have disabled the "Wi-Fi Sense" "feature".

Any ideas?

awesomesauce, Mar 28, 2020
  4. WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...

Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...

1. WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI... - Similar Threads - WIFI Manage Known

2. Wifi networks listed as 'No internet' even though the connected wifi network has internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi networks listed as 'No internet' even though the connected wifi network has internet...: My PC when connected to any wifi network, lists it as one with 'No Internet'. The only remedy i know is to reset my pc, after which it will connect to wifi networks normally, but after some time it returns to showing 'No Internet' for every wifi network that i connect to. I...
  3. Wifi networks listed as 'No internet' even though the connected wifi network has internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi networks listed as 'No internet' even though the connected wifi network has internet...: My PC when connected to any wifi network, lists it as one with 'No Internet'. The only remedy i know is to reset my pc, after which it will connect to wifi networks normally, but after some time it returns to showing 'No Internet' for every wifi network that i connect to. I...
  4. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  5. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  6. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

"manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...
  8. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

in Windows 10 Support
    "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...
  9. Wifi refuses to connect to already known network

Wifi refuses to connect to already known network: Hi there. I have recently been having a problem with my Surface Go. It will occasionally refuse to connect to a wifi network, that should connect automatically. On the occasion, it will say networks are available, but it will not connect automatically. So I go into the...
  10. Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list: I've got a weird problem I can't figure out: New Surface Book running Windows 10. Every time it boots, it connects to "xfinitywifi" (an open WiFi access point apparently belonging to a neighbor). This AP has "limited connectivity", though, so no internet access (and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage know network windows 10