Windows 10: WiFi Management

Discus and support WiFi Management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just had a new Internet connection added to my system. Previously, I used our buildings WiFi, but it frequently faulted and needed a reset by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jaftwo, Aug 14, 2019.

1. jaftwo Win User

WiFi Management

I just had a new Internet connection added to my system. Previously, I used our buildings WiFi, but it frequently faulted and needed a reset by building management. They were afraid to touch the equipment, so I finally gave up and go my own via AT&T. I connect with a USB WiFi adapter.

My problem -- the building WiFi networks show when I click on the Internet access icon near the notification area of Win10 and they show "Connect Automatically". I un-check that, but the next time I look, it's checked again (supposedly, you can right click a network shown on that list and select "Forget", but I don't get that option -- just "Connect" .) So I go to Manage Networks but only my AT&T network show up, so I can't choose the other one's to "Forget". Not sure where to go from here.

:)

jaftwo, Aug 14, 2019

2. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

WiFi Management

WiFi Connection

We suggest that you try the steps provided below and see if it will work:

• Navigate to Device Manager in Control Panel.
    • Locate the wireless adapter in the list.
    • Highlight the device in the listing.
    • Right click.
    • Select Properties then Power Management.
    • Uncheck "Allow computer to turn off this device."
    • Click Ok.
    • Reboot.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

WiFi Management

1. WiFi Management - Similar Threads - WiFi Management

2. Wifi not showing in Performance tab in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not showing in Performance tab in Task Manager: Hi,As the title states, Wifi throughput is not displayed in Task Manager when viewing the "Performance" tab. How can I activate this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-showing-in-performance-tab-in-task/d6e124e1-b60f-406c-9afc-fc19bf499a5f
  3. Wifi not showing in Performance tab in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi not showing in Performance tab in Task Manager: Hi,As the title states, Wifi throughput is not displayed in Task Manager when viewing the "Performance" tab. How can I activate this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-showing-in-performance-tab-in-task/d6e124e1-b60f-406c-9afc-fc19bf499a5f
  4. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager: Hi, i have a win 10 pc and i use a ASUS asus usb-ax56 wifi adapter. i installed the win 10 driver from the asus homepage and it can connect to the network fine.but every 5 to10 minutes the connection drops, it reconnects shortly after around 10 seconds and works without...
  5. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager: Hi, i have a win 10 pc and i use a ASUS asus usb-ax56 wifi adapter. i installed the win 10 driver from the asus homepage and it can connect to the network fine.but every 5 to10 minutes the connection drops, it reconnects shortly after around 10 seconds and works without...
  6. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. no wifi option,wifi adpter not viible on device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no wifi option,wifi adpter not viible on device manager: hello,i am having trouble with my pc , the wifi option suddenly disappeared from the side bar ,i am using ethernet right now.I resetted my pc but it still didn't work here's a photo...
  8. no wifi option,wifi adpter not viible on device manager

no wifi option,wifi adpter not viible on device manager: hello,i am having trouble with my pc , the wifi option suddenly disappeared from the side bar ,i am using ethernet right now.I resetted my pc but it still didn't work here's a photo...
  9. Mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 is not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 is not showing in device manager: I have asus tuf f15 and the wifi device mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 is not showing in device manager, and also wifi symbol is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-6-mt7921-is-not-showing-in-device/a0f0045d-e113-490d-8016-6f14800ed6be
  10. Mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 is not showing in device manager

Mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 is not showing in device manager: I have asus tuf f15 and the wifi device mediatek wifi 6 mt7921 is not showing in device manager, and also wifi symbol is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-6-mt7921-is-not-showing-in-device/a0f0045d-e113-490d-8016-6f14800ed6be

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi management