Windows 10: WiFi modem gets disrupted when laptop joins our WiFi network

Discus and support WiFi modem gets disrupted when laptop joins our WiFi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lately I am having a lot of trouble with my WiFi connection: out of the blue it just drops, the signal is gone on every device, and the modem needs 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BBvZ, Jan 15, 2021.

1. BBvZ Win User

WiFi modem gets disrupted when laptop joins our WiFi network

Lately I am having a lot of trouble with my WiFi connection: out of the blue it just drops, the signal is gone on every device, and the modem needs 10 minutes to reset itself completely. I am starting to think this has something to do with the connection of a specific laptop to our network: often this laptop is in the house and joined to our WiFi network when the problems arise.

Can this be the case? Or is this simply not possible?

:)

2. Varlokkur Win User

Laptop connects to wifi-sense TWC Wifi network, despite my settings

I have Windows 10 Home, fully updated.

My next-door neighbor rents his cable modem from Time Warner, so there's an open network called TWC Wifi (and also a Cable Wifi). I have never manually connected to this network, and it doesn't show up in my list of "Known networks"--the only 2 networks listed there are my own network and my mother-in-law's. I've turned off Wifi-sense. Yet, virtually every single time I wake my laptop from sleep, I go to load a website and get the login for Time Warner and then notice that my computer is connected to TWC Wifi or Cable Wifi. Again, these are NOT known networks, wifi-sense is turned off... why does my computer still prefer these open networks over my own home network (the router is less than 10 feet away)?

I'm at my wit's end. Is this a bug? Is there any way to set my computer to avoid these SSIDs?

Varlokkur, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Honey Win User
    Strong WIFI Router or WIFI Repeater (Want Range First Floor to Ground Floor)

hi,
    im using Dlink 300mb wifi Modem(2antina), this modem wifi range is good, almost i get where i need. but problem is, Wifi gets turn off/disconnect in all Device for 3 seconds if one of wifi device use heavy downloading, every 5 minutes, its modem fault, i have another Modem which have Less wifi range but its stable and really good modem, (this is my previous thread about this problem Network Get Disconnect while Download/Watching Youtube - Wifi USB Adapter.)

SO,
    my question was what should i do for Stable connection,
    Wifi Range Extender/Reciever or 3 x5db Antina MODEM,
    i cant buy Expensive Modem, as i dont know have high SPeed internet Connection, i just have 2mbps connection..
    my budget is Rs.2000/-

Current Modem Location is at First Floor, my Room is at Ground Floor.

what if i use Wifi Repeater with Stable low range Wifi modem?

please Suggest me.

Honey, Jan 15, 2021
  4. davexnet Win User

Laptop connects to wifi-sense TWC Wifi network, despite my settings

Can't you just go into the wifi settings and tell it to "forget" these wanted networks?

davexnet, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. WiFi modem gets disrupted when laptop joins our WiFi network - Similar Threads - WiFi modem gets

2. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed: Spectrum sent me a new modem/router. I installed it and several devices connecedt without trouble. My laptop does not detect the new network but it sees dozens of others. I have rebooted the laptop, modem, router. I ran Windows update. I have Windows 10 pro. The laptop worked...
  3. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed: Spectrum sent me a new modem/router. I installed it and several devices connecedt without trouble. My laptop does not detect the new network but it sees dozens of others. I have rebooted the laptop, modem, router. I ran Windows update. I have Windows 10 pro. The laptop worked...
  4. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No networks found for wifi but my modem is working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks found for wifi but my modem is working.: I can use an ethernet cable to connect to the internet, but for wifi I keep getting a "No networks found" message. Windows can't detect a problem. Xfinity says it's my laptop, but I can't seem to find any updates for my Lenovo Ideapad z580. Help!...
  6. No networks found for wifi but my modem is working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No networks found for wifi but my modem is working.: I can use an ethernet cable to connect to the internet, but for wifi I keep getting a "No networks found" message. Windows can't detect a problem. Xfinity says it's my laptop, but I can't seem to find any updates for my Lenovo Ideapad z580. Help!...
  7. Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop: Hi Good Day Everyone !I'm having a problem laptop - Lenovo ideapad 330 When I tried to connect my laptop to our Router, the router suddenly restarts by itself and disconnects everyone connected to it , and keeps repeating when the Laptop is on. But when i shutdown the laptop...
  8. Bluetooth disrupts WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth disrupts WiFi connection: I bought a bluetooth earphone to listen to music on my laptop. The bluetooth pairing was smooth, and I can listen to the music. BUT, after 10 minutes or so, my WiFi disconnected itself. I didn't bother about it so I reconnected them, no big deal. UNTIL it kept happening every...
  9. our laptop keeps dissconnecting to our wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    our laptop keeps dissconnecting to our wifi: when it dissconnects it won't recconect again(can't connect to network) i have to turn my phones hotspot and connect it to that and connect it back to our wifi, any idea what's wrong? submitted by /u/alvherDcastro [link] [comments]...
  10. Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub: Wasn't a problem until out extender recently broke. This didn't use to be a problem. The PC and the hub are only divided by a wall, and the PC and extender were in the same room, but only the extender seemed to register the signal. I want to say that the neighbors' wifi...