Windows 10: Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

Discus and support Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Good Day Everyone !I'm having a problem laptop - Lenovo ideapad 330 When I tried to connect my laptop to our Router, the router suddenly restarts by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Manjeetmohapatra, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

Hi Good Day Everyone !I'm having a problem laptop - Lenovo ideapad 330 When I tried to connect my laptop to our Router, the router suddenly restarts by itself and disconnects everyone connected to it , and keeps repeating when the Laptop is on. But when i shutdown the laptop , the router is good and not restarting. I can say that the router is in good condition because I also have another laptop - Dell laptop and when i connect it ,everything's fine.I wonder if this is a wifi driver problem or a hardware problem for the laptop or what , any ideas?thanks in advance :

:)

Manjeetmohapatra, Jun 4, 2021
  2. pierboy Win User

Connecting Wifi to modem

Hello.

I am Trying to connect a Dell XPS 10 Tablet running windows rt to my modem but keep getting a authentication error and will not connect.

i have reset all settings on my modem to factory,have uninstalled the driver for the network adapter and reinstalled but still nothing.

I am successful at connection the tablet to my smart phone using tethering with no problems at all.

the smart phone is connected to the wifi coming from the modem.

I must be missing a step somewhere and can not figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pierboy, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Gulve Win User
    Laptop keeps restarting every time I connect to Wifi.

• Are you getting any error messages?
    Code:
    [b]No I am not getting any error message. It is just getting restart automatically.[/b]
    • Is the issue isolated to a specific WiFi connection?
    Code:
    [b]Yes. This issue is specific to WiFi connection at my Home. It works fine on Smartphone's Hot spot.[/b]
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Code:
    [b]So far, I have only tried uninstalling security update, after which it works fine with mu home WiFi also as it used to work before this security update.[/b]

Gulve, Jun 4, 2021
  4. stevenc47 Win User

Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

stevenc47, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

1. Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop - Similar Threads - Wifi modem getting

2. Must restart laptop to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Must restart laptop to connect to wifi: Everytime I turn on my laptop there are no networks available. I have to troubleshoot and just let it restart my laptop but then all the wifi connects appear. What do I have to do to fix it so that I dont have to run troubleshooter and restart my laptop every time I turn it...
  3. Must restart laptop to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Must restart laptop to connect to wifi: Everytime I turn on my laptop there are no networks available. I have to troubleshoot and just let it restart my laptop but then all the wifi connects appear. What do I have to do to fix it so that I dont have to run troubleshooter and restart my laptop every time I turn it...
  4. Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem: Having problem connecting or holding wireless connection. Some devices like TV have a wireless connection. Others like windows laptop or kindle can't get a connection. Error message on Kindle is --authentication problem. Problems started when wifi could not connect to android...
  5. Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem

Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem: Having problem connecting or holding wireless connection. Some devices like TV have a wireless connection. Others like windows laptop or kindle can't get a connection. Error message on Kindle is --authentication problem. Problems started when wifi could not connect to android...
  6. My pc doesn't connect to WIFI unless I restart the modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc doesn't connect to WIFI unless I restart the modem: All Window 10,8 and 8.1pc doesn't connect to WIFI and Lan unless I restart the modem. if i troubleshoot the reason it displays this to errrors:-1. "WIFI " doesn't have a valid ip configuration For the WLAN connection or2. "Enternet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration for...
  7. My pc doesn't connect to WIFI unless I restart the modem

My pc doesn't connect to WIFI unless I restart the modem: All Window 10,8 and 8.1pc doesn't connect to WIFI and Lan unless I restart the modem. if i troubleshoot the reason it displays this to errrors:-1. "WIFI " doesn't have a valid ip configuration For the WLAN connection or2. "Enternet" doesn't have a valid ip configuration for...
  8. My pc doesn't connect to WIFI unless I restart the modem

9. my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi

my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi: please advise how to resolve issue about having to reboot modem every time I want to connect my laptop to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-always-requires-me-to-reboot-modem-in/ae42d1cc-51a7-4eda-956a-f53adcf15d30
  10. need to restart laptop to connect to wifi

need to restart laptop to connect to wifi: My laptop is not able to connect to any wifi network. But it can after i restart it. All my other devices can use the wifi just fine. I tried reinstalling the driver for the wireless adapter, and updating it but it didnt help. I have an acer aspire 5 a517-51g. What can i do?...