Windows 10: wifi...my 5g wifi signal isn't visible on my list but I can conntect to my 2.4 no problem

Discus and support wifi...my 5g wifi signal isn't visible on my list but I can conntect to my 2.4 no problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't get my 5g wifi connection to show up on the list for connecting. All other devices pick it up but this computer...help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by adamfletcher6, Dec 15, 2019.

1. wifi...my 5g wifi signal isn't visible on my list but I can conntect to my 2.4 no problem

I can't get my 5g wifi connection to show up on the list for connecting. All other devices pick it up but this computer...help

:)

adamfletcher6, Dec 15, 2019
  2. bloggsy Win User

Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices...

Hi folks

my pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    my work pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    girlfriends pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network is not visible from the wifi list so cannot connect to my home wifi network
    girlfriends phone - android - my home wifi network visible and connects fine
    my phone - android - my home wifi network is not visible from the wifi list so cannot connect to my home wifi network

all of the above were working fine with visibility to my home network until about 2 days ago... just to be clear this is one single network...

any ideas on the likely cause and solution would be appreciated...

bloggsy, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Pete1burn Win User
    Excellent wifi signal, no internet

I have comcast going into a netgear rt600 with an asus repeater upstairs. My iPhone is connected to the 5g signal. When I'm sitting outside I have full wifi signal but no Internet. Can't connect to anything. As soon as I go back inside its fine. How can I have signal but no Internet?

Pete1burn, Dec 15, 2019
  4. wifi...my 5g wifi signal isn't visible on my list but I can conntect to my 2.4 no problem

Not listing all the wifi signals available

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1. I use an external wifi adapter in my lenovo z570 laptop. I am able to connect to a wifi network but my laptop is not listing all the wifi signals available so that i can choose which one to connect. But it automatically
    connects to one particular wifi nerwork. Where to find the list of networks available ? It was fine 8.1 but the problem appeared in win 10.

rohithnallamaddi, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

wifi...my 5g wifi signal isn't visible on my list but I can conntect to my 2.4 no problem

1. wifi...my 5g wifi signal isn't visible on my list but I can conntect to my 2.4 no problem - Similar Threads - wifi wifi signal

2. 5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC: Hello,I am aware this is a common issue, yet I have not found a solution to my problem. I have tried different USB wifi adapters, all of them supporting the 5GHz band, yet I cannot see a 5GHz network, nor can I make a 5GHz hotspot on my PC. Right now I'm trying to make a 5GHz...
  3. 5G WiFi is not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5G WiFi is not visible: Hi,Im trying to connect to WiFi network but 5G network is not visible. How to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-wifi-is-not-visible/d7d1c2da-1be4-4005-a863-06c15f758881
  4. 5G WiFi is not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5G WiFi is not visible: Hi,Im trying to connect to WiFi network but 5G network is not visible. How to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-wifi-is-not-visible/d7d1c2da-1be4-4005-a863-06c15f758881
  5. 5G WiFi is not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. WiFi bars are showing low signal on my computer but my other computer WiFi bars are high signal

WiFi bars are showing low signal on my computer but my other computer WiFi bars are high signal: WiFi bars are showing low signal on my computer but my other computer WiFi bars are high signal I'm using an external wifi adaptor and driver, When i'm using version 1703 there was no problem, when i have updated my pc to 1909 or 07 my pc starts showing low signal, And...
  7. Wifi not visible on my Win10, can't connect

Wifi not visible on my Win10, can't connect: Over the last 2 days I had a big trouble with my wificonnection. Since 2 days I can't see my wifi on my computer. The other connections are available and i can connect to them. But not with my own. On other computers the wifi is available and i can connect with them. But on...
  8. can't see my 5G wifi network

can't see my 5G wifi network: Why can't I see my 5G wifi network. my cellphone can see my 5G wifi network, but my PC only sees 2.4G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-5g-wifi-network/7875dafd-d237-4995-84c8-30f116f9208f
  9. My laptop does not recognise 5G WiFi

My laptop does not recognise 5G WiFi: Just got hyperoptic broadband installed in my home and my laptop does not recognise the 5G WiFi network. PC Details: Lenovo intel CORE i5 Windows 10 These are my options: Any ideas what my next step is and how I can get this situation resolved? Thanks Dean...
  10. wifi signal reception problem

wifi signal reception problem: my question is about wifi signal reception in the new update of windows 10 after i update the windows 10 from that moment to now the reception of signals is very weak what is the problem with it????...